Funnel Cakes

Adolescence Is Atrocious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Kyungsan, Lauren~ It's probably time for...” Key's voice quieted to a whisper as he opened the door and then faded once he saw they were asleep on her bed.

 

Lauren was laying on Kyungsan's arm as they faced each on their sides and Kyungsan's hand was resting on her head lightly. They both looked like peaceful angels.

 

“Jinki, he's asleep, so maybe he should just stay here tonight. No, I don't mind really. Talk to you later,” he whispered into his phone.

 

Then he hung up and held it to his chest, standing in the room with a small smile as he watched them. Lauren's phone on the night-stand started buzzing. It read 'Looser Yoogeun' on the caller ID. He tip-toed over and clicked it off so it wouldn’t wake them. Then he snapped a picture of them, shut off the lights, snuck back out and soundlessly closed the door.

 

He went to his room and closed the door, saying to himself, “And so it begins.”

 

“Hmm? What begins?” Jonghyun asked curiously around a wide yawn.

 

That was about the only time his husband ever looked unattractive. Key climbed into the bed, automatically being kidnapped into sturdy arms and cuddled protectively. Jonghyun still treated him like he was a defenseless little girl sometimes. Key never minded being cuddled though so he stayed complacent and let him, secretly enjoying it.

 

“Our daughter's boy troubles.”

 

“Boy troubles? Better not be. Is there one there now? I'm going to rip his off.”

 

“Honey,” he chuckled and pulled Jonghyun down when he lunged to get up.

 

“You can't protect her forever and it's just Kyungsan,” he explained softly.

 

“Oh, is it? Why did you make me all worried when it was just him?” Jonghyun settled down, snuggling him and returning to a sweet, gentle slightly overgrown puppy.

 

Key chuckled with a mysterious smile. “You don't get it babe, do you?”

 

“Get what?” he asked genuinely confused with a cute, pabo-ish expression that made him seem twenty-something again.

 

“If you don't get it, then I'm not telling~”

 

“Tell or I'll tickle,” he threatened with fingers poised.

 

Key immediately spilled the beans. “Yoogeun and Kyungsan both like Lauren.”

 

“They do? Well then, they're not allowed to come over anymore. I forbid it,” he huffed.

 

“Honey, we can't interfere, okay? We agreed to that a long time ago. Just like we chose who we loved and the crap we went through, they have to grow as they go through stuff too. We can't shield them too much and we can't play favorites. That's what we all agreed on if anything happened, remember?”

 

Jonghyun did remember their discussion and little pact promise they'd made several years ago. He resigned his over-protective parental feelings to a nod of consent.

 

“You're right. They're both great guys, we've known them since they were little tikes. Either one would be great for Lauren. They both treat her really well and us parents get along and love them all so much.”

 

They ran their fingers absently over each other, Key laying on Jonghyun's warm, strong chest.

 

“So, just out of curiosity, who would you like as a son-in-law?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“You first.”

 

“I'd choose Yoogeun.”

 

“Really? I prefer Kyungsan.”

 

They both shared a look of surprise and loss at what their opposite opinions would mean.

 

“Wait, so does that mean you secretly like Onew? Because he reminds me a lot of him and all....” Jonghyun stated with a look of jealous suspicion.

 

“How did you turn this to being about us and all that old stuff?” Key chuckled. “Aigoo, you have such a Jinki complex.”

 

“Well, they’re both too charismatic for their own good. It's that heart-stealing smile.”

 

“Your smile's the one that that stole my heart,” Key said automatically, then blushed.

 

“Huh, what was that?” Jonghyun looked down at him with a wide smile.

 

He started teasing him and Key avoided his eyes best he could by burying his red face in Jonghyun's shirt. Jonghyun chuckled, forcing his head back out lightly by pulling on his chin.

 

“Look at us. Still got it and being all flirty after all these years.” Jonghyun looked down at Key lovingly, thinking his blush was still so lovely and youthful, then gave him a soft peck.

 

“Oh, there's a lot of things I've still got.” Key grinned mischievously, sliding his hand down the blanket.

 

Jonghyun gasped and groaned, rising his hips off the bed and pressing his head back into the cushions. “No, yobeo, anything but that..”

 

“Oh, yes, baby, just that,” Key whispered seductively in his ear.

 

 

Lauren woke up feeling really warm and snugly. She was laying on something much different than her usual pillows or even when she occasionally kicked and balled her bed-covers and sheets in a restless night. It was nice though and she somehow didn't want to leave it. At some point, she observed it was kind of solid and rising and falling. She squinted her eyes open, realizing in surprise that she was laying in Kyungsan's arms.

 

They must have fallen asleep and he had forgotten to go back home. The sun hadn't risen yet so there was still time for him to get home and get ready for school. She tried to get up near motionlessly but he stirred and rolled closer, hugging his limber arms around her tighter so she was pressed firmly against his chest. He wrapped one leg around hers and rested his chin against the top of her head. She could feel his breathing and his soft, skinny chest rising and falling.

 

It felt nice, too nice. That weird feeling was coming back again. Excitement, heart-racing, flushed cheeks, hyper awareness of all the places their bodies were touching and how intimate this was. This was the first time she'd cuddled with a boy like this—usually though Kyungsan was physically affectionate he wouldn't go this far. She wondered if he was having a bad dream or something.

 

I should really get out of here somehow. This isn't right. This feeling is weird. I shouldn’t be thinking this way. I don't like it, she voiced in her head. She felt uncomfortable with the strange way she was reacting but she hesitated to move. She didn't want to as strange as that was. It caused a million more questions and inner conflicts but she pushed them away and just laid her head on his chest in an impulsive moment of weakness. He hummed lowly and pulled her closer.

 

Is this how I'll feel when I'm married and sleeping with my husband every night? What does everything else feel like then if this feels so wonderful? There is kissing and touching and then there's even....She blushed, feeling guilty and ashamed of herself. I shouldn't be imagining those things when I'm just laying here with my best friend. My platonic best friend. She felt like she had to hammer that in her head over and over to replace the sudden pg-13 images flashing through her mind.

 

As she got up, deciding she really needed to stop this insanity, she noticed that her pillow was wet underneath Kyungsan's head.

 

“Ew, you drooled on my pillow, jerk,” she whispered.

 

She slipped out of his arms and sat up, crossing her legs. Then she started pushing lightly on his shoulder, causing his body to rock.

 

“Kyungsan! Hey, Kyungsan!”

 

He squinted his eyes open sleepily after a little jerk awake. He settled back down and rubbed his eyes, looking up at her.

 

“What is it?” he asked in concern.

 

She smiled softly and unconsciously brushed down his stubborn cowlick.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter