Tiramisu

Adolescence Is Atrocious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Yoogeun was floating on cloud nine all throughout the day for no reason really. He just couldn’t get those memories with Tayoung and the image of her pretty smile out of his mind. Making someone happy had never made him feel so pleased. He found himself hoping all day he'd bump into her in the halls but he didn't. Even the sight of Lauren being confessed to and followed by a ton of guys hadn’t brought him down. In fact, it had made him chuckle in amusement. She was as popular as ever. However, the guy she would love wouldn’t be so easy to catch.

 

His mood dropped fast as he changed in the locker room after practice. It was hard enough to see Leo's face without scarring it further but hearing his annoying, arrogant voice made it worse. If Tayoung and Lauren thought he was bad, they would be horrified to see how he was behind their backs.

 

“Yeah, this chick I was banging last night was so hot. She was half-African with giant and a nice , all shaved and she was as . I got 300 out of her but gave her 400 worth cuz it was just fun.”

 

The other guys all expressed envy and that's when Tayoung got brought up.

 

“Oh, her? I don't know why you guys think she's so great. She’s the worst ever. She's pretty ty though so if you need something I'd just go to her, sweet talk her and you're in. She's desperate. She'll take anybody. Isn't that right, Yoogeun?”

The arrogant smirk on his face drove Yoogeun crazy. The knew what had happened, all that he had done to her, but rather than admit he was an and a lousy which would hurt his pride, he was bad-mouthing her. He couldn’t stand her being belittled after all she'd been through and he wanted to punch him so bad. But violence here could get him kicked off the team and it wouldn’t do much for Tayoung. He needed to get him back another way, hurt his pride, save her tarnished reputation a bit.

 

He crossed his arms and smirked, making Leo look confused. “You don’t know anything, do you? You weren't good enough to her, so she came to me. We were together way before you even thought of cheating.”


Leo sputtered, “Liar. She wouldn’t do that.”

 

“She wouldn’t? When you treated her so lousy? She got bored and fed up with you ages ago. She just stayed with you out of pity because you used to be close.”

 

“She's still a lousy !” Leo spat as Yoogeun turned away.

 

“Are you kidding me? She's incredible. Don't blame her because you don't know how to get a girl going,” he said with a cocky smirk and his mind did go for just a second to their hot time against the wall.

 

Then just like that he left the room, tossing his shirt on outside and freaking out a few girls. He didn't think about how boys might be even worse gossips than girls, especially when the guy in the star couple had been found to be with another girl as far as they knew.

 

 

When Kyungsan came over for tutoring, he just knew something was strange. Lauren didn't greet him at the door with much enthusiasm and she wouldn’t even smile. They were doing homework when she suddenly burst into tears.

 

“Who, whoa, what's wrong?” He held her and let her cry on his chest.

 

“Yoogeun was cheating on me with Tayoung,” she cried hysterically.

 

“Huh? No way. Where'd you hear that?”

 

“It was all around school. He said it himself to Leo.”

 

“Now, I don't think that's true. He probably said it to hurt Leo for Tayoung's sake.”

 

Kyungsan figured it was possible Yoogeun liked her, even maybe kissed or hugged her, but he knew his friend wouldn’t cheat. He wasn't a jerk and he'd never want to hurt Lauren like this.

 

“Let's call them first, okay?”

 

She sniffled against his shoulder. “Will you do it with me?”

 

“Sure, I'll help. I'll be right here,” he promised.

 

They waited for her to calm down more and then called Tayoung first. He whispered in her ear and rubbed her shoulders.

 

Lauren told her straight up. “I heard today that you and Yoogeun have been dating. Is it true?”

There was a long silence.

 

“If you tell me honestly, we stand a better chance of getting though this,” she said seriously.

 

Tayoung answered somberly after a long silence. “We’ve kissed and hugged once in a moment of impulse but no, we're not dating. I-I'm so sorry, Lauren. I didn't want to hurt you. I couldn’t tell you because I was afraid....”

“Well, telling me earlier would have been worse, I'll admit, since I'm not with him now. Are you seeing each other?”

“No, of course not.”

 

Lauren didn't know why though. She was out of the picture, they obviously had chemistry, and Yoogeun was single.

 

“It would be okay, you know...We're not together anymore and I don't love him that way,” she sniffed.

 

“Really? What happened?”

 

Lauren started giving all these excuses, all the ways he drove her nuts and they weren't compatible. As she listened, Tayoung mentally noted she had no problem with all those things. She didn't like shopping or movies, thought couple things were cheesy, she liked simple dates, she liked cooking, baseball, and silence and she didn't like to talk much on the phone either. As Kyungsan listened to their long-winded conversation, he made a mental check too—how he was just what Lauren needed. He loved shopping, movies, couple things, pictures, and talking. He just added in that he could cook, clean and he would surprise her with all kinds of romantic, fun dates.

 

After the phone call with Tayoung, best friends had almost managed to patch up their relationship. Next was Yoogeun.

 

“Hello?”

“Hi. Are you in a relationship with Tayoung?” Lauren started strong and to the point.

 

He seemed stunned but answered firmly. “No.”

 

“Did you kiss her while we were dating?'

 

“Yes, but it was while we were on a break. I'm sorry you had to hear about it. I just didn't know the right way to tell you...”

 

“No, it's fine. One last question. Do you like her?”

 

He was silent for awhile, then he admitted. “Yeah, I do.”


“Okay, that's all I needed to know.”

 

“Lauren, you can hate me. It's my fault. But don’t hate her, she didn't do anything. Please. She needs you,” he seemed to be pleading.

 

“I don't hate either of you. It hurts a bit, but I won't stop being your friends. Rather I'm giving you my blessings. I hope you make her fall for you and treat her right. If you don't, I'm punching you,” she attempted to laugh but choked on tears.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter