Hurt

Hurt (Sequel To Heartless) [DISCONTINUED]

"Youngjae!" I said as I followed Youngjae into the bedroom. I needed to make everything clear. "Youngjae! Will you please listen to me?"

He didn't respond.

"Youngjae, I'm not lying, I'm being truthful here."

Youngjae spun around. "Do you think it’s fun?" he snarled.

"Wh-what?"

"Do you think it’s fun to toy with my feelings?" a flash of pain crossed his features.

"No, Youngjae," I said softly. "Why would you say that?"

He took his time to answer. "Why must it be you, Dae," Youngjae ranted while running a hand through his hair. "Why must it be you that I love?"

"Youngjae..."

"You'll hurt me. I know you will. You won't keep your promise and you'll leave me one day," he turned around to hide the tears that ran down his face.

I felt my heart break into two, right then. Seeing him cry pained me from the inside. I realized fully, at that moment, what my true feelings were. The broken pieces of my heart pierced me and wound me internally when Youngjae broke down fully and dropped to his knees, sobbing like there was no tomorrow.

"Stay away from me, Dae..." he sobbed but of course, I didn't listen.

Silently, I made my way over to him and sat down beside him before pulling his body towards mine. He was there, in my arms, and I had no words to describe exactly how right it felt, to hold onto him. It was like he belonged here, with me. And I knew instantly, at that moment, where I belonged. And that was with him. I both wanted and needed him, so much that it hurt.

"Shh... Don't cry, I'm here," I Youngjae's hair slowly.

"I don't need you," Youngjae cried. "Go away."

He tried pushing against my chest but failed. When he had no more strength to do so, he instead gripped the front of my shirt and pulled me closer to him, burying his face in my chest and sobbed his heart out. I looked down at the guy who was currently making my heart beat like crazy.

"I don't want to lose you, Dae," Youngjae said, his voice coming out muffled.

"You're not going to lose me. Not forever. I'm going to be right beside you, Jae. I won't ever let go of you, I promise," I whispered to him.

Youngjae clutched me closer to him. "I don't know what the truth is anymore," he said.

I his hair as we sat there, he in my arms. I cupped his face and gently pulled his head up to look at me in the eyes. He was stunning, so stunning and beautiful.

"Jae, I want you to promise me something," I told him.

Youngjae hesitated before nodding.

"Promise me that you'll trust me forever. Whatever happens, you'll still trust me."

Youngjae bit his lip.

"Promise me, Jae," I urged.

"I promise," he said softly.

My eyes softened. I brought my face towards his cupped face and hovered my lips over his. "I love you," I murmured and connected our lips.

I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around my neck and I deepened the kiss, savouring the moment I was having with the person I loved the most. Our lips danced together and I could not express how perfect his lips felt against mine. His lips fitted and moulded perfectly against mine. All senses were lost. I wasn't aware of anything except the boy I was holding in my hands. I loved the feel of his lips, they were so soft, so smooth, and I wondered why I never longed for them before.

I brought my hands down and wrapped them around his waist. As we pulled ourselves together in a desperate attempt to be as close as possible to one another, I felt my heart hammering inside my chest and I was sure he could feel it too, judging by how our chests were pressed together.

Neither of us needed air at that moment, because we needed the other more. It was the most blissful moment in my life, having him like this. His fingers tangled themselves in my hair. I didn't mind. In fact, I thought I even liked it.

Just as things were about to get more heated, the door swung open. We broke apart, panting heavily and staring into each other's eyes before turning to look at the intruder. There was shocked silence among us.

I wasn't until I'd comprehend what the situation would look like in his eyes did I exclaim, "Junhong!"

Much to my misfortune, my voice came out raspy and I saw him flinch. He turned his head away and his shoulders were heaving heavily. I tore myself away from Youngjae and got up before slowly moving towards him.

"Junhong..." I tried again but he didn't respond.

Instead, Junhong just went out of the room and slammed the door so hard, the noise was cringe-worthy. I bit my lip; clearly he was upset, very upset. And I needed to talk to him. I turned to look at Youngjae who was staring at me blankly. Without words, I left the room to go and search for Junhong. I went out of the dorm and stopped once I was outside. I had I vague feeling I knew where he went so I hurried off in that direction.

I entered the woods, my heart pounding against my chest as I sprinted all the way to the little stream where I’d spent many silent moments together with Junhong. Sure enough, as I brought myself around the crowd of trees surrounding the area, I saw Junhong slouching on the bank.

I cautiously made my way towards him, careful not to let him get startled by my sudden appearance. However, he didn't even react when I sat down next to him.

I didn't know what to say. What do you say to a person who's infatuated with you and he just caught you kissing someone else? I guessed an apology should do the trick but I knew Junhong and I knew that he strangely disliked anyone apologizing to him.

"They already did something wrong. Apologising won't undo it," he once used to say.

My eyes flicked from the calmly flowing stream to the boy next to me. He stared into the depths of the water, unblinking. It went on for an hour, with me contemplating the whole time whether I should speak up or not. Junhong didn't move from his position at all and I was beginning to wonder if his mind was still there.

Mustering up my courage, I decided to speak up the words that had been running through my head for the past half-hour.

"Junhong, I know you like me," I began. "And well, it might be more than that but you've got to understand that I don't see you as anything more than a dongsaeng."

Junhong remained silent. I was beginning to doubt that he was listening to me.

"There's something I need to say out loud now," I looked down. "Something that I need to let out. It's been kept inside me for quite a while. I know it's true but somehow, I just felt myself denying it... It's like I can't bring myself to believe it’s true, like I can't even trust myself to know what I'm feeling. But that feeling keeps getting stronger. And now I'm starting to realize that-"

"Don't say it, hyung," Junhong cut me off.

He turned and looked at me with obvious pain in his eyes. "Please don't say you're in love with Youngjae."

I turned away from him. It made me feel uneasy to stare into his eyes, his eyes which portrayed his love from me and just recently, his heart being broken.

"Why?" Junhong's voice cracked. "Why do you have to fall for him? I would've been contented if you had no feelings for anyone, not even me. Because then I could still be by you and love you, even if it's only one sided. But now... what am I supposed to do now that you love him back? I can't put up this exterior anymore, I can't just smile when I see you with him. I always thought it would be okay to love you... since you didn't love anyone. But now, I feel cheated. Why do you have to go for him?"

Junhong closed his eyes and tears flowed down his cheeks. His face was contorted in pain. And it was all because of me. I'd hurt him. Badly. I just realized that he'd been tolerating with this one sided love in order to be by my side. But now, both of us knew he wouldn't be able to handle it anymore. It would pain him too much.

I sat by Junhong and stared at the sky. The world we live in was so complicated. The small things, the big things, it all mattered. Life was full of lemons and chocolates. It depended on which you were getting at that moment. No one could be happy for eternity because for every joy, there was always pain. No one could be depressed for eternity too because for every misery, there was happiness. At times like this, I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to hurt anyone on purpose but I just seemed to do so. The worst thing was, there was no way in which I could comfort the ones that I'd hurt seeing as I was the one who inflicted the pain in the first place.

The best I could do was to leave them to be and give them time to heal. So I left the place reluctantly, I wanted to go back, to hug him and tell him how sorry I was. But I couldn't. Because I knew it would only hurt him more. The last thing I wanted to do was to give him false hope, only to have it shatter in the end. I walked through the forest, my feet crunching against the dead leaves as I pondered. Both their faces came into my mind at once, Junhong's and Youngjae's. The two people I'd wounded repeatedly. The two people I owed my sincere apologies to and the two people I wished would never suffer pain.

Stopping as soon as I caught sight of our dorms, I sighed before turning away, I needed something to distract me for a while.

 

 

(A/N: Hello! Yeah... sorry for the long wait. I just couldn't find the motivation to write this :( But thanks for sticking with the story! I'm writing the next two chapters and sending them to my friend to review because... well, I just felt like doing so. So it'll take a while before I update... depending on how fast I write them and if the plots are... well... okay and I won't have to redo them... Okay I think I'm speaking gibberish right now but it's only because I'm nervous hehe and I can't tell you why :P Anyway, hope you continue to support my story and a heartfelt thanks to all my subbies/readers :D)