Rivalry

Hurt (Sequel To Heartless) [DISCONTINUED]

"I didn't know such a person existed under that face. I feel so angry right now that I might just kill him myself."

"Shows you that not everyone who's good looking has a good heart. He's nothing but a motherf*****g underneath all that."

"Oh please he doesn't even have a heart. Jung Daehyun is a heartless murderer and he has no right to live. Let's all sign a petition for his death."

I scrolled through the comments written on my anti-fanpage. The comments were all hurting me badly and crushing me inside. I knew this would come, I'd even expected that it would be worse than this but nevertheless, it still crushed me.

All of a sudden, my laptop screen snapped down and a pale hand rested on top of it. I looked up and was greeted by Youngjae's disapproving eyes.

"Don't look at them, Dae. It's all bull and you shouldn't give a damn."

I sighed and looked down. It was too late, the damage was already done. I gulped down the lump of emotion that was rising in my throat. Something burned at the back of my eyes and I subconsciously reached a hand for Youngjae's. I felt something stir in my heart as I held his warm and soft hand. Youngjae's thumb drew circles on the back of my hand, trying to comfort me. Another lump formed in my throat, blocking my airway, however this time, it wasn't because of the comments, it was something entirely different. It only cleared when Youngjae let go of my hand and stepped away from me, allowing me to breathe freely again.

"I'm hungry, Jae, make me food," I said.

Youngjae glanced at me and nodded before smiling and leaving the room. Excited, I followed right behind him to the kitchen where I sat myself down on the dining table. Youngjae opened the fridge and dived right in to search for something to cook. I flipped my phone open and soon became engrossed in a game.

A few minutes later, our manager walked in with a thick wad of envelopes that were already opened.

"Here," he tossed it casually on the table. "Fanmail for you."

"Why are they all opened?" I asked him and noticed that he evidently turned his gaze away from me.

"Yah, Youngjae ah! Stop eating so much! You need to maintain your weight!" our manager snapped at him.

Youngjae pull out of the fridge with a frustrated look and said, "But hyung, I'm only searching for food to cook for Daehyun. He's the one who's been demanding for food all along."

"Oh... R-really?" our manager hyung  stuttered awkwardly. "Well... Then that's fine I guess..."

Youngjae rolled his eyes and retreated back into the fridge. Manager hyung turned around to leave the kitchen when I got up and grabbed his arm.

"Wait, hyung. You haven't answered my question," I spoke. "Why are all our mail opened. Were you expecting something?"

From the corner of my eye, I saw Youngjae's back tense up as he froze to listen. Manager hyung was shifting uncomfortably under my gaze and he was avoiding my eyes. When he couldn't take it any longer, he said, "Daehyun ah, now isn't a very good time to be asking me such questions-"

"Please hyung, tell me what you've been recieving?" I interrupted.

After staring my manager down, he finally gave in and pulled me closer as if he was afraid anyone else would hear.

"Now, I'm not supposed to tell you this but we've been instructed to check the mail after... what happened... It's not only the mail, I've also been told to restrict you from leaving the company unless absolutely neccessary. Now don't take this to heart, Daehyun, it isn't as bad as it looks like, the president just wants to ensure your safety. However, please do take note to be careful with whatever you say and do from now as every little thing can mean the end for you. We have to make sure that nothing will happen and your slate will be clean until this whole... issue blows over. So Daehyun, take care and be very careful understand?"

I nodded half-heartedly. I had a very good feeling I know what mail had been confiscated.

"How many were there?" I asked as my manager turned to the door.

When he turned around, I gestured towards the big pile of mail on the  table.

He bit his lip before saying, "The original pile was ten times the size."

I nodded and he left. Youngjae retreated from the fridge, his hand holding onto an instant packet of spaghetti. He placed it on the table before moving over to me and wrapping his arms around my body, resting my chin on his shoulder.

"You promised me you wouldn't be bothered by such stuff," Youngjae whispered into my ear.

I buried my face on his shoulder and gripped him tighter. I couldn't help it that I was human and had feelings. Such things would naturally hurt me and seeing that I was already weak enough, it still managed to break me. Youngjae let go of me and wiped a tear trail from my cheek, lifting my chin up and staring into my eyes.

"Daehyun, be strong. I already told you we would be going through this together. You can't give up, understand?" he said firmly.

I nodded, too choked up to speak. Youngjae gave my shoulder an encouraging pat and returned to his quest to cook something up for me. He swiftly put the spaghetti inside the microwave, pressing some buttons after it. I rolled my eyes at his laziness and stared out of the window.

Someone whistled their way into the kitchen. I didn't pay attention to them until they slung their arm around my shoulders.

"Morning hyung!" I looked up and came face-to-face with a smiling Junhong.

I returned his greeting and he chuckled, pulling up a stool to sit beside me.

"Are you doing anything today?" he asked me.

I shook my head. I had no plans for that day.

"Want to have lunch with me later?" Junhong asked excitedly.

"Sure," I replied.

"Great! So it'll be the two of us then," Junhong exclaimed cheerfully and clapped his hands.

"Make it three."

The smile on Junhong's face vanished as he slowly turned towards Youngjae.

"Hyung... You too?" Junhong said with an obvious effort to plaster a smile on his face.

I looked at Youngjae who had his eyes narrowed at Junhong. "Of course. Daehyun would want me to come along right?" he shot me a condescending glare.

I gulped, "Sure. Youngjae can come along. You wouldn't mind, would you Junhong?

"Nope. Not at all," Junhong muttered.

There was an awkward silence after that. It was broken a few seconds later by a satisfying 'ding!' sound from the microwave, signalling that my spaghetti had been cooked. Youngjae slipped on a pair of oven gloves and carefully took the hot plate of spaghetti from the microwave and placed it in front of me. I gratefully took the fork and spoon he gave me afterwards and dived into my meal, only to choke after stupidly putting a forkful of burning hot spaghetti into my mouth.

"Babo," Youngjae chuckled as he passed me a glass of water.

"I'm just hungry," I retorted.

"So am I," Junhong piped in. "I haven't eaten anything yet."

I stared at the maknae who was looking wistfully at my steaming hot plate. "You want some?" I offered.

Without answering, Junhong eagerly took my fork and shoved a mouthful of spaghetti into his mouth. I stared. This kid must've had taste buds made of steel as he seemed completely unaffected by the hot food. I watched Junhong eat, it didn't matter to me that he had just taken my meal, I was happy to provide him with anything at long as he was contented.

"Yah. I made it for Daehyun," Youngjae said irritably.

Unfortunately though, Youngjae did mind Junhong eating my food. Junhong didn't stop, he just ignored Youngjae and continued stuffing himself. I placed a hand on Youngjae's forearm but he shook me off. He took the plate from Junhong who glared daggers at Youngjae when his plate was taken away from him.

"This isn't for you," Youngjae commented and placed it once more, in front of me.

"It's okay, Jae..." I started.

"Yeah, he said it's okay," Junhong said and snatched the plate back again.

Youngjae however, wouldn't back down so easily. He kept a firm hold on the plate of spaghetti, this caused a mini tug-of-war between the two members and I watched as they scruffled over the single plate of spaghetti.

Mentally exhausted at the two's constant fighting, I spoke up, "Yah! The both of you, stop it!" both of them looked at me. "Junhong, can I have a word with you?"

"Sure, hyung," he said and followed me out of the kitchen.

Once we were out in the living room, out of earshot, I turned around and placed both of my hands on my hips.

"What is wrong with you?" I demanded.

"What's wrong with me?" he asked innocently.

"Well, last week you were all forlorn and acting like it's the end of the world and now you're all... happy," I said.

Junhong just looked at me blankly.

"And why're you picking fights with Youngjae?" I asked.

"I thought it was obvious," Junhong shrugged. "I don't like him."

"Is this because..."

"Yes," Junhong nodded. "It's because he likes you. And I like you too. And I'm not gonna lose to him." He pointed at the kitchen.

I ran my fingers through my hair frustratingly. "Listen Junhong, I thought I made it clear. I just want us," I gestured between us. "To be friends."

Junhong gave me a half-smile. "Yeah, that's what you want. What makes you think I'd oblige?"

I just stared at him, too stunned to speak.

"I don't care whether you hate me or not, I'm just gonna like you anyway and you can't stop me cause it's my damn feelings and I can't even stop myself anyway," Junhong looked at me in the eye. "And neither am I letting Youngjae take what's supposed to be mine."

With that, Junhong stalked off, stopping at the front door only to say, "Be ready by twelve."