Denial

Inescapable Attraction

 

 

“Hello!” greeted the group members of Boyfriend and they bowed to the rookie soloist.

“Hello.” Replied Ailee with a bow as they passed each other in the halls.

It was Friday and that meant Music Bank was broadcasting today.

“Hello noona,” bowed Baro from B1A4 when he saw her “Good luck today!” he called out as he walked into his group’s dressing room.

“Thanks!”

Ah, that’s right,’ she thought as she entered her own room.

Today was her last day performing ‘I Will Show You’ at Music Bank after a month of promoting the song. She had missed the feeling of performing with other idols on the same stage and getting to talk to them backstage too.

Though sadly, she hadn’t won a trophy for her new song since it was Psy who would always win when it came to votes. But who could blame them? Psy’s ‘Gangnam Style’ was extremely catchy and the MV was also very funny.

Ailee was just happy that her new song had gotten a lot of positive feedback from her fans along with new ones.

I don’t expect a trophy,’ she thought and took a bite of meat ‘…but it would be nice though.’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Don’t forget to be ready before 21 o’ clock (9:00),” called MBLAQ’s manager to G.O and Mir “We’ll leave then to the station.”

“Okay!” they replied.

The boys were going to be guest on Super Junior’s KISS THE RADIO in a few hours while the rest of the members were busy with their own activities, MBLAQ’s main vocalist and mankae were left behind in their dorm.

Mir glanced at the clock “We still got two hours, hyung. What should we do until then?”

G.O shrugged “Let’s relax until then. Watch some T.V for now while I go feed my pets.” He said and left to his room.

The youngest one nodded. After minutes of channel surfing he came across KBS 

“Ah it’s Ailee-nim,” said Mir when he saw her performing

G.O came into the room after hearing her name “Ailee-ssi?” he questioned.

“She really is good,” said Mir as he watched her hit a high note. He turned to G.O “Is this her last time performing?”

“I think so.” He replied.

They continued watching as the MC’s came out on stage along with other idols and started counting the total.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ailee smiled and waved back to Joohyun and the rest of her friends from Spica as the numbers were added.

She turned back to the screen.

“And the winner is…” trailed off Jangwoo

The calculating paused.

Ailee smiled, she knew what was coming.

'Congratulations Psy-sunbaenim.'

The calculation stopped.

“Ailee!!!” both he and Uee announced

What?!’ the singer thought in shock when she heard the MC’s say her name ‘I won?!’

Ailee had broken Psy’s 13 straight win streak.

BAM!

“Congratulations!” said Uee as music played and confetti exploded into the air.

The leader of Boyfriend; Donghyun held out flowers for the soloist.

She looked around as she received a hug from Narae and congratulations from others but she still couldn’t believe it. Ailee took out her ear piece.

“Are you shocked?” asked Uee with flowers in hand.

The rookie nodded “Yes!” and laughed when it finally sunk in. “Thank you!” she said to Donghyun as she took the flowers.

He stepped back and got teased by s.

After taking the other set of flowers from the MC, Ailee thanked her family, her company and her fans and promised to do better in the future “Thank you!” finished Ailee with a fist in the air.

She turned around as the MC’s finished closing the show.

“Congratulations Ailee-ssi!” said Joohyun

“Yeah congratulations!” said Narae and gave Ailee a hug

“Thanks guys!” Ailee said

Boa reached over and petted her head “You’ve earned it!”

Jiwon have Ailee a hug “Good job!” she said.

“Here you go,” said Jangwoo to the soloist as he handed her the trophy

She stretched her hand to reach it

“Carefull.” Jangwoo said as he helped her.

“And were off!” yelled the PD.

Ailee smiled as she stared at the cheering crowd “Thank you!” she yelled and bowed.

This was one of the greatest moments of her life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Whoa,” said Mir as the program came to an end “She broke Psy-sunbae's winning streak.”

“Yeah,” replied G.O zoned out.

Mir glanced at him “Do you think she has a boyfriend?” asked the mankae

This caught G.O attention

He turned to Mir “Why?”

“Cause Donghyun-hyung seemed to like her,” he pointed out “Do you think she likes him too?”

G.O paused before answering “No I don’t think so. Besides it isn’t our business if they liked each other or not.”

Mir shrugged

The older member then pretended to yawn “I think I’m going to go take a nap before we leave,” he turned to Mir “Wake me up before hyung comes.”

He nodded as he watched G.O leave to his room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Congratulation again kiddo,” said Eru as he ruffled Ailee’s hair

The idols under Jin Ah Entertainment and YMC decided to take their newest idol out for her victory dinner with the exception of Shin Bora who was attending an event and Baechigi who were busy preparing their comeback. Her hair stylist; Singyo also came along.

They were currently at Ailee’s Korean BBQ restaurant that served the soloist favorite food… meat.

She fixed her hair “Thanks,”

“And you looked great doing it,” joked Singyo

Ailee laughed.

“Did you know that you’re the only member to get a trophy at Music Bank under YMC, Ailee-ssi?” said Shorry while pointing at the trophy on the table.

“But I’m the only person that debuted under YMC,” replied Ailee.

“Yeah but still.” shrugged Shorry as he got more meat.

“Wheesung-ah would be proud though,” said Eru

Ailee nodded, remembering her mentor who was currently serving in the army.

Sangchu served everyone drinks “Let’s a have a cheer!”

Everyone grabbed their glasses

“Cheers to Ailee’s win!” he said as they clashed their glasses.

“Cheers!”

Ailee took a sip of the alcohol when she heard her phone ring and reached for her phone

“More congratulating messages?” asked Eru

Ailee smiled. Ever since the broadcast people have been sending her messages congratulating her on her win including idols, veteran singers and PD’s

She glanced at her phone

“…I need to take this. Excuse me,” she suddenly said as she stood up.

“Hm? Okay.” replied Eru as he watched her go outside the room.

That’s strange. She would usually just answer it here.’ He thought

His thoughts were cut short when the Mighty Mouth members started bickering over the last piece of eel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once she was outside and hidden, she answered her phone

“Ailee-ssi?” said the voice on the other line

“Oppa?”


Authors NoteAlot of guest/ character appearance we had BoyfriendSpicaMC's and other artist. I apologize for leaving it at a cliff hanger (if that’s considered one) but I have to go in search of a job this week so I probably won’t have much time to update. Sorry. Though I am getting the hang of where this story is going though so it will help when writing future chapters. I also made a new poster for the story and though the poster may mislead some not all of the MBLAQ will be rivals. The real life events that took place were:

11/23 - Ailee win on Music Bank/ G.O and Mir appearing on KISS THE RADIO

P.S: Ailee will also be going to the 55th GRAMMY Awards!! Congrats to her! She'll be going as VIP Guest. She'll be walking the red carpet (with nominated producer) and watch the ceremony. She won't be performing but she's exited about it. Ailee will be performing at the pre-GRAMMY party though.  

Thank you for the reviews! Please let me know what you guys think!