Dear .....

Lonely is Fine

Nicole had received a phone call from Hoya as she picked up her phone.

"Oh Hoya-ah.." She walked back into her apartment.

"Are you busy?" He asked her.

"No I just....I just sent Yongguk out."

"Ahh, I see...you two finally talked everything out huh?" He asked.

"You can say..." She shut the door behind her shut, "What is it?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to grab lunch with me?"

"Sure, what time?"

"Maybe right now?  I'm standing outside the building already..."

Nicole walked out with her umbrella as the rain was pouring down harder now. She saw Hoya waiting at the parking lot with his umbrella up as he turned around and gave her a smile.

"Hurry, the rain is pouring!" He called out towards her.

Yongguk had finished cleaning himself up. He stared out the window from his bedroom and listened to the dropping sound of the rain. He thought of what Nicole had said. A trip together wouldn't be a bad idea.

Nicole and Hoya were seated next to the wide glass window as they finished ordering. She took a sip of her water and watched as the raindrops hit the windowpane.

"Nicole-ah, can I ask you a question?" Hoya's questioned made Nicole shift her attention towards him.

"What is it?"

"Do you think you'll truly be happy with him?"

"Why do you ask?" She looked down at the napkin that lied in front of her.

"Will you truly be happy?"

"Why?" She looked back up at him.

"So I can finally let you go..."

"Hoya...." She was stunned by his sudden confession, "What...what do you mean?"

"So I can finally move on from my first love..." He answered her a bit sadden now, "so I can finally tell myself letting her go for her happiness won't be a regret...because at the end she'll be happy." He looked out towards the raining day.

"I...I had no idea." Nicole placed her right hand on top of Hoya's hand. 

"She's playing a game on you..."

Yongguk stared at the picture message of Nicole holding hands with another man. He felt his face burning red as he slowly set his phone aside. He closed his eyes as he leaned back into the sofa.

"Where are you at?" Yongguk grabbed his phone and replied back to Hana's text.

"Too bad you're not with me...seems like this time you're the one who's hurt...bye!" That was her reply.

Yongguk grabbed his phone.

"Oh Oppa, hold on." Nicole grabbed her phone out of her purse and realized it was Yongguk calling.

"Jung Nicole...." She was surprised by the tone of his voice, "so that's how it is?"

"Yongguk-ah, what are you talking about?" She was confused and Hoya could tell something wasn't right.

"Right after I leave...some guy is already waiting for you huh?" He questioned her, "I thought you were better than that."

"Yongguk-ah!" Nicole felt offended by his words.

"What's going on?" Yongguk could hear a guys voice in the background that made him more furious.

"Where are you right now?!" Yongguk asked, "I'm coming to get you..."

"I'm not allowed to have a decent lunch date with my friend?" Nicole asked.

"Friends don't hold hands..." He defended his ground.

"We weren't holding hands," Nicole was becoming frustrated now.

"Your hands on top of his...that's not consider holding hands?! So if I place my hand on top of another girl remember we are only friends!" With that Yongguk clicked.

"Is everything okay?" Hoya asked Nicole.

"I think I'll be leaving now. I'm sorry." Nicole stood up and bowed towards Hoya.

"Ah, but you didn't even eat yet. How are you getting home in the weather?"

"Yongguk's apartment is just a few blocks away from here, I need to go visit him anyways. Thank you." Then she left.

Yongguk was surprised at how jealous he was. He wasn't the type to be.  He looked at the photo message once again. And thought

"Was I over thinking? What if it really was just a friend of hers? But why? Why would you hold someone's hand like that? As if you were sharing a special relationship with them?"

He threw his phone onto his coffee table and closed his eyes. Then he heard the doorbell ring. He stood up and opened it.

"Here are the flowers that you order," a man in a navy dark green suit handed the dozen of red roses towards Yongguk, "oh and here the couple ring you order from last week, please just sign here." Yongguk grabbed the stuff and closed the door when the man left.

He set them on his coffee table and stared at them. He opened the box that held the couple ring inside. He glided his hands over them and thought about Nicole. He had really fallen in love with this girl. Yet he hadn't had the chance to fully let her know his heart. Furthermore, he had probably gotten her angry with his foolish outburst. He closed the box ad stood up bring the roses and couple ring into his room. He walked back out and heard his front door ringing. He opened the door and saw the same guy.

"I'm sorry, I forgot one more thing. Can you sign here?"

"Oh yee..."

Nicole stood outside Yongguk's apartment building with her black umbrella from getting herself wet. She wander if she should go in and have a talk with him or not. After awhile she headed back home instead.

Around 8o'clock Yongguk grabbed his phone and called Nicole.

"Hello?"

"Lets go somewhere tonight." He told her, "Be ready in 30 minutes...I have something to tell you..."

"Why can't you just tell me now?"

"Because....I want to see you." His deep voice was low.

"Alright, hurry then. 30 minutes too long..." Her answer brought a slight smile onto his face.

"Alright. Bye."

Yongguk stared at his reflection in the mirror. He took a deep breath.  He grabbed for the box that was sitting on his desk.

"I'll finally tell her how much I love her..." He looked at the box and then back at himself, "Jung Nicole, I love you..."

Nicole looked at herself in her mirror. She was still a bit upset with Yongguk. Still she wasn't going to let it get to her. She stared down her bedroom window now and saw Yongguk's car pulling up to the parking lot. She grabbed her bag and headed outside before he came up.

"Oh," he looked at her who was already making her way towards his car. The rain hadn't stopped raining since morning.

"Unlock the car!" She was holding the umbrella above her standing at the passenger side door as he unlocked it.

Nicole opened the door and found a dozen of red roses sitting in front of her already.

"Yongguk." She looked at him.

"Yaaa, hurry my car is getting wet!" He smiled as Nicole grabbed the dozen of roses sitting down then placing them onto her lap.

"Where are we going?" She asked as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"We won't be coming back until tomorrow." He smile.

"What?!" She was surprised.

"We're going on a trip like you said."

"I didn't even pack anything!" She said.

"It's okay," he smiled.

The roads were quite empty since the rain was still pouring. He looked at Nicole who was slowly falling asleep now. She then slowly shook her head to keep herself awake.

"Yongguk-ah..." She finally spoke, "why?"

"Huh?"

"Why would you think that I'm seeing someone else?"

"Lets not talk about it right now."

"I didn't want to bring it up but seriously...why?!" She felt the anger rising within herself now.

"Nicole..." She could tell he was trying to keep calm.

"Just turn back the car..." She said.

"Fine!" He yelled, he now felt the anger rising within himself, "Because...I can't stand..."

On the other lane was a drunk driver. He had been drinking. His car started to tail towards his opposite lane driving straight towards Yongguk and Nicole. The last thing Yongguk saw was the raindrops and bright lights coming towards him and Nicole. He slowly looked at her. There was no time, the car was already a few inches away now as he unbuckle his seat belt and threw his body to cover Nicole...then there was a loud crash...the cars passing by stopped and began calling for an ambulance and the cops.

Yongguk stared at Nicole's body. The smell of blood filled his lung. The rain dropped down harder now. He felt paralyzed. Her face was right in front of his. The broken glass window that paved way for the rain. He heard people from outside trying to open the car door. He could hear everything but felt as if he was dreaming. He couldn't tell weather he was awake or if he was already dead. He felt a hand pulling him out laying him onto the wet cold cement road now. Then soon after he saw Nicole's body next to his.

"The ambulance is on it's way!!" He heard the man that had pulled him and Nicole out talking to him, "Sir don't close your eyes!!! Look at me!! Look at me!"

Yongguk turned his head towards Nicole who had her eyes closed. Her small body covered in blood. His fractured hand slowly reached into the side of his right pocket pulling out the box that held their couple ring. Then his eyes that were locked onto Nicole slowly began to shut.

"Young man!! Don't close your eyes!!!" He heard the man calling out once again.

When Yongguk opened his eyes there was silence. There was a white endless room. He was still on the floor and beside him was Nicole. She wasn't stained with blood. She seemed to had been sleeping. He looked at her as his hands slowly traced over her pale face.

"Nicole-ah?" he tried to slowly wake her, "Babo...wake up won't you?" Yongguk felt his tears slowly falling down, he then felt the rain drop slowly pouring onto him once again. The whiteness slowly turned to blackness.

"That's good sir keep your eyes open!!" He could hear the same man once again, "it's going to take awhile for them to get here since we're in the middle of the road towards the beach, but you'll be fine, please stay awake."

"My dear..." Yongguk thought to himself, "My dear death...if you want to choose us, can't you please wait a little longer for me? I haven't yet said I love her..." Yongguk's eyes flicker slowly closing then opening, "you've stirred enough trouble already haven't you?" He slowly turned his head towards Nicole once again.  The hand that once was searching for the box in his right pocket slowly shifted towards Nicole's hand now, "will she in an unconscious state just let me hold onto her trembling fingers?" Yongguk felt his tears running down the outer corner of his eyes, "Dear death, can't you let this couple go?  Her and I who has a chance at becoming happy together...let me love her...won't you go far away?" Then the sirens became audible, "I still haven't gotten the chance to tell her I love her..." Yongguk's breathing slowly risen then the pain started to kick in.

Nicole opened her eyes and there in front of her was Junhyung. She sat up as he reached his hand towards her.

"Are you going to sleep all day?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"Junhyung...what are you doing here?" She could heard the rain drop. As she looked around. She saw the highland that her and Yongguk had been driving pass.

"Lets go..." He grabbed her hand.

"Wait..." Nicole suddenly pulled back, "it feels like I'm forgetting something..." She stated.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" He asked a bit disappointed.

"I really am...but" Nicole was about to turned around as Junhyung quickly hugged her.

"If you turn around now, you can't go with me..." Nicole stood frozen, this comfort she had missed so much was coming all back to her.

"Junhyung-ah..." She felt her tears slowly falling.

"So...let's go..." He pulled away.

"I'm sorry..." She looked at him, "I truly miss you but I think someone would be disappointed if I didn't get to see them again..." Nicole finally turned around and found Yongguk's body on the ground.

Yongguk who was holding onto Nicole's hand felt it slowly moving. He watched as her eyes slowly opened. A smile slowly crept onto his face as Nicole slowly turned her head to face Yongguk now.

"Thank you..." Yongguk said to himself.

"Yongguk-ah..." Nicole whispered his name, "I'm sorry..." She said, as he slowly shook his head back and forth for her not to apologize. She felt his hand slowly moving away from hers as he finally took out the box. Her eyes slowly stared at the box now.

Yongguk gave all his strength to open this tiny box. Nicole then realized it was a couple ring. Tears roar down her face as Yongguk grabbed the one that belonged to her and placed it onto her hand. She looked at him.

"I...love...you" with his last word the ambulance came and quickly took the two into the car rushing them to the hospital.

Yongguk and Nicole were rushed into the emergency room.  Yongguk's father was waiting outside for his only child to wake up as the Jung's waiting outside patiently also. Himchan and Yoseob showed up soon after.

"Uncle..." Himchan and Yoseob both looked at Yongguk's father who had tears in his eyes. All he did was shook his head back and forth.

Yoseob notice Nicole's parent and made his way towards them consoling them also. The doctor that had been operating on Nicole came out with a smile.

"You're daughter is fine, she is resting now..." He then walked away.

They were all now waiting on Yongguk's doctor. Hours passed as morning was already to rise again, the doctor finally step out of his operation room.

 

===============================================================================


"Umma..." Yongguk smiled in his school uniform as he stood outside their old house, "I'll be back after school is over!"

"Ahh, alright don't start any trouble!" She yelled from inside as Yongguk hurried to school. 

When he reached the school yard he went towards his group of friends and sat down beside them. Next to them were the seniors as he turned around he saw Nicole walking towards the senior boys.

"Yong Junhyung," he watched as she gave him a letter then running off...

"How cheesy," Yongguk told Himchan.

"Yeah right, you're the one to speak...you've done that how many time to Gyuri noona?"

"Ahh, fine fine.." Yongguk laughed as he turned back to look at Nicole walking away then at Junhung, "I feel like I've seen them before," Yongguk thought to himself."


===============================================================================



Yongguk's doctor stepped out of the operation room now as everyone stood up.

"I'm truly truly sorry." He bowed with his head low as he walked on by.

"Its said before you die you are taken back to a place and time for seven minutes..." the nurses slowly covered Yongguk up with the white sheet, "thats when I realized I had known Jung Nicole for awhile now...that she had been apart of my memory before our first encounter with one another...fates pulling the line now...but its fine, being lonely is fine because now I'll no longer have to fear losing anyone I love anymore. Death even if you gave me another hundred years, it wouldn't be enough for me to love her."

The cops that had been at the scene enter Nicole's hospital room. They placed the box that still contained the ring that was suppose to be worn by Yongguk onto the table next to her bed. As they quietly left Nicole's eyes slowly opened.  She had dreamt about being back in high school, during the time she had given Junhyung the letter of her confession, she remember looking down then turning her head seeing a boy staring back at her who seemed to be a year older than she. When their eyes met he quickly turned away and she turned to look at Junhyung once again before walking off.

"He had always been a part of my memory..." She whispered to herself as she looked at her finger that wore the ring Yongguk had placed on her hand. She turned her head towards the table beside her bed and found the box that still held his ring. She pulled herself up and grabbed for the box. She opened it and still sitting nicely inside was Yongguk's, "someday I know you'll return to me..."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note

I just wanted to thank all of my readers!  Thank you guys so much for your support and never complaining to me! Thank you so much!  For always commenting and keeping up with my updates!  You guys are the best!! Though I may not know you guys personally you guys are so awesome!!  It already feels like I know you guys!! So, thank you guys!!

Sincerely,

SuperKaRaw