Welcome

The Yang's Family

-Nickhun pov-

 

A trip to Jeju Island is tiring but after I’m here, the tiredness had worn away. I walked out of the airport and saw a black limo with the driver leaning against it.

 

I wonder if he’s the one who’s gonna pick me up.

 

“Mr. Horvejkul?” He asked.

 

I looked at him and said, “Uh, yeah.”

 

He gladly took my bag and put it in the trunk while I stayed still in my position. He then opened the passenger door and gestured me to come with his hand.

 

Once I got in, I was kinda excited since I never been in a limo before. But my mood turned into boredom when the ride to the Yang’s manor takes like forever to reach. I was about to dozed off when the limo pulled into a stop. Aah, I guess we’re already here then.

 

The driver opened the door, I got out and wow, this place is huge! The building is somehow old-looking and a bit scary. Hmm, I wonder what the inside looks like.

 

“Mr. Horvejkul.”

 

I followed the driver as he carried my bag and walked towards the front door. A man was standing there as if he was expecting us. Judging by his appearance I guess he’s the butler.

 

He bowed to me and leads me inside.

 

“Woah…” I uttered once I’m in.

 

Old-looking and a bit scary too, just like the exterior. The driver and the butler stood beside me and they bowed in unison when a man a woman came out from a room with a smile on their faces. Could they be Mr. and Mrs. Yang?

 

“You must be Nickhun,” He offered me a handshake, “I’m Yang Hyun Seuk and this is my lovely wife, Gummy.”

 

Eh? Gummy?

 

“I preferred people knowing me by my nickname.” Mrs. Yang chuckled as she patted my head.

 

She was indeed young-looking and beautiful. The black dress she wore really suits her. She has a small bell in her hand which she rang. Both the driver and the butler bowed again when five boys and four girls climbed down the stairs with nice-looking suits and gothic-looking dresses.

 

And I assumed they’re Mr. and Mrs. Yang’s children.

 

They halted behind their parents as they looked at me. I flashed a smile but none of them seems to smile back at me so I bit my lips and scratched my head.

 

“These are my kids; the elder is Yang Sandara, the second, Yang Bom, the third, Yang Seunghyun, the fourth, Yang Taeyang, the fifth, Yang Jiyong, the sixth, Yang Daesung, the seventh, Yang Seungri and the eighth, Yang Chaerin and the youngest, Yang Minzy.”  Mr. Yang introduced and ends it with a smile.

 

I bowed slightly, “Nice to meet you all, I’m Nickhun.”

 

“We already know who you are.” Chaerin said sternly.

 

“Oh…”

 

Mr. Yang walked over to the driver, “This is Choi Dongwook,” he said and turned to the butler, “and this is Teddy, my little brother.” He patted his shoulder teasingly.

 

“So,” Mrs. Yang rubbed her palms, “Who should he stay with honey?”

 

I looked at both of them while taking a quick glance at their children. Their eyes were still fixed at me, like they hate me or something. I lowered my head in return cause I don’t want them to hate me for staying here.

 

“Anyone wanna volunteer?” Mr. Yang said to his boys.

 

They didn’t say anything. But by their looks, I could tell that none of them want me as their roommate.

 

“He can stay with me.”

 

“Aah, okay then. You’ll be staying with Seunghyun my boy!” Mr. Yang wrapped his arm around my shoulder, shaking me slightly.

 

The siblings began to climb up the stairs except for Seunghyun. He looked at me boringly and climbed up the stairs, expecting me to follow him. Uncle Teddy wanted to carry my bag for me but I insisted on carrying it myself. I hurriedly climbed the stairs, turned left and jogged towards Seunghyun who doesn’t seem to wait for me.

 

I walked beside him. I kept glancing at him, especially his grey and red streaked hair.

 

“Cool hair.” I commented.

 

It was quiet so I tried to make a conversation but he doesn’t seem to bother talking nor look at me. I sighed quietly and decided to just keep quiet,

 

We turned right and he paused next to a door. He turned the knob and gestured me to come in with his head. His room was neither that big nor small. He had a single Victorian bed in the middle with a huge window behind it. Nothing seems to catch my interest since everything in here is normal.

 

“Um, where can I sleep?” I asked.

 

He gave me a look as he approached the wall on the right. He pushed a button and a single bed popped out from it.

 

“There.”

 

“Uh… thanks.”

 

I leaned my bag against the huge wardrobe and sat on the bed. Seunghyun was settling himself on his study table with a thick book in his hands.

 

Again, I tried to make a conversation but after remembering what happened a few minutes ago I just shook it off.

 

Maybe playing with my phone would be a good thing to do.

 

-End-