Chapter 4: The Promotion Event

Is it too late?

Super Junior first arrived at the venue of the event all dressed up to be welcome by many crazy fans and reporters. Cho Kyuhyun was dolled up in a black and white tuxedo with a neck tie while his fellow band member dressed down a little bit making sure not to outshine their maknae. They were led to the front were a long set of small tables were combined to make one table for all of them to be occupied there. There were eighteen seats altogether so the Super Juniors member took the twelves seats on the right side while they wait for the others to arrive on the scene. The SUJU members were currently in the midst of discussion about the promotion when the sound of screaming from the fans broke their concentration from their discussion made to the direction where the screaming and jumping was caused, and sure enough their rival has arrived in the scene. Cho Kyuhyun balled his fist as the image of their last encounter still leave an unpleasant impression of them. Leeteuk looked at Kyuhyun at how tensed he was and patted his back to show him not to worry. True be told Kyuhyun never liked CNBlue before especially Jung Yong hwa and he never wanted them to come to his drama promotion but he couldn’t do anything since their president was the one who invited them on their behalf. Their president was worried at the negative critics the group has been gaining so he decided that Kyuhyun’s drama promotion would be a better event to clear out any misunderstanding. As the CNBlue members were led to their seats, which were the four seats to the left, Kyuhyun’s can’t help but stare at them in disgust. Kyuhyun was just three seats away from Yonghwa but the tension between them can be felt by their surrounding. The fans look on nervously as the atmosphere fell silent. Kyuhyun was silent cursing his frustration when a black car pulled up on the front, turning everyone gaze to the person who will walk out of the vehicle. Yonghwa was thankful for the vehicle but his relief was only short lived. As the vehicle halt the driver got out of the car to open the door. A red stiletto heel can be seen at first, and then out came a girl in a long black dress with her hair pull backed in a neat bun while carrying a red purse as she smiled to the fans who stare on admiringly. Shin hye smiled as she heard positive comment from fan such as “She is so pretty” and “I want to be her”, but her smiled was more as a smirk as she saw the shock on Yonghwa face.

~Kyuhyun POV~

She looks beautiful as ever, she is truly a goddess.......

 

~Yonghwa POV~

Oh... Mother of Earth! Am I Dreaming! Please tell me I’m just dreaming......

 

Unknown to Yonghwa that he was standing up at the same time while staring at her in shock “Shin hye ah....” Kyuhyun who also stood up at the time looked at Yonghwa in confusion as to how come he has known Shin hye. Jung Shin who was seated next to his hyung pulled him down as people were wondering why Kyuhyun stared at their hyung angrily. Shin hye arrived at the seating arrangement and as expected Kyuhyun pulled back the chair next to him and motion Shin hye to sit. The director of the drama also arrived at the scene and was seated next to Shin hye and Yong hwa. As the promotion started Yong hwa can’t help but steal glances at Shin hye while she looks at the reporter attentively. The director can feel Yonghwa constant movement as he turn to the reporter and stated “Just now I realise that Park Shin hye ssi who would be the leading actress of the drama is a true beauty not of an ordinary..... Judging from the way CNBlue Jung Yonghwa ssi can’t keep his eyes off her” Laughter erupted from the crowd as Yonghwa bow his head in embarrassment. Shin hye who felt like her heart would burst out any minute manage to keep a poker face while fiddling with her purse content. Kyuhyun who also look on to reporters with a straight face turn pale the next question asked as all attention were on him now “Cho Kyuhyun ssi there has been a rumoured going around that you were the caused of the fight at the after party, do you have anything to say about this?”  Kyuhyun stared at the reporter as if he can burn a hole through his head while everyone remain silent waiting for his answer. Leeteuk again saved Kyuhyun by answering for him “Rumoured will be rumoured and we don’t want to dig into what has already happen in the past but just to say that we have patch things up with CNBlue right Yong hwa ssi?” Jung Yong hwa looked at Leeteuk in anger but soften his expression when he remembered their director earlier request “Of course, we are grateful that Super Junior invited us and we hope to let the past remain the past”. “Aww since everyone makes a big deal out of this, how about we make Jung Yonghwa ssi as the second lead in the drama since Lee Min ho was admitted to hospital earlier and he won’t be able to be discharged until three months from now”. “WHAT???” Everyone shouted as they look at the director in horror. “This is for the better just so you can prove to the public there is nothing to worry about” the director reasoned. Everyone remain silent until the crowd clapped in agreement. Shin hye can’t believe what just happen and she can feel herself sick in stomach, she braced herself today just to show him that she had moved on but to face him everyday it is another problem. Cho Kyuhyun looked at her with a worried expression and holds her hand to comfort her while he smiled at her lovingly. Yonghwa looked at them as he balled his fist in jealousy. “Right Yonghwa ssi?” the director asked causing him to turn back his attention to the man. “I accepted your offer” Yonghwa smiled at the crowd “Park Shin hye ssi I am looking forward to working with you in the future “Yonghwa said.

~Shin hye POV~

Why? Why? Why? Why did he have to accept the offer? ARGGH I’m going to go crazy ahhhhhh

 

The night soon came to an end and Yong hwa approached Shin hye. “Shin hye ah” Shin hye turned around and bow to him “Hello Jung Yong hwa ssi, It is nice to finally meet you for the first time”

As she offered her hand for a hand shake Yong hwa was hurt but he took her hand while he gaze into her eyes and realise that she is looking at him with full of hatred and anger. He wanted to beg for forgiveness but Kyuhyun in on their conversation, and just then he felt his hand let go only for him to realise that they had been holding each other hand while looking at each other. Kyuhyun can feel the cold atmosphere as he continue to look at them while they still stare at each other. “Shin hye ah, I see you have met Yong hwa ssi, have you guys met before?” Kyuhyun ask as he wrapped his arm around her waist, Yonghwa was taken aback with his action but still look at Shin hye face as she now look at Kyuhyun. “Oh! No I just met Yong hwa ssi, how can we meet before? Hahahaha” Shin hye tried to make the atmosphere feel friendly but she can still feel Yong hwa burning stare. “Oh if that so may I borrow you for awhile I have some people I want you to meet” Kyuhyun replied. As they were about to walk off Kyuhyun can feel someone gripped his arm, he turn around to face Yong hwa who coldly replied “I was still talking to her”. Kyuhyun smirked and said “If you don’t want trouble I suggest that you let my arm go and by the way this is up to Shin hye if she still wants to talk to you”. Yong hwa can feel his blood boiled up but he let go of Kyuhyun arm in fear that he might attract unwanted attention as he turn to Shin hye and asked “Shin hye ssi, Can I talk to you”. Shin hye who stood there the whole time slowly turn and bow apologetically at Yong hwa as a sign of rejection of his offer as she follow where Kyuhyun led her to. Minhyuk appear out of no where and called his hyung that their ride back has arrived. As all CNBlue member waved their goodbye to the crowd and got in to the vehicle. Yonghwa closed his eyes and silently thought to himself.

~You can’t ignore me forever Shin hye ah, look like I have to just wait to meet you at the shooting scene~