SAVE // ChangRick.

Cotton Socks

 

     Changhyun woke up in the warm embrace of Changjo, his kidnapper. The captor was still sleeping when the skinny boy began to stir, his skin numb under the many chains. Changjo's large arms and hands were wrapped around Changhyun protectively, fingers lazily over the metal just in case. It was rare to wake up with Changjo still around. It had only happened on a few occasions, Changhyun would wake up and realise his situation and proceed to scramble away as quickly as he could. In his weak position, he had no choice but to admire Changjo's manly features in the dull light. Plump lips, strong cheekbones and big eyes. Changhyun wanted to spit on that perfect face. Mustering all the strength he could, he began to slowly lift the chains off himself, unexpectedly making rather a racket. Changjo woke up due to the din that was going on, staring at Changhyun whilst the boy worked. The small boy knew he was awake, and looked over his shoulder, looking desperately into Changjo's smouldering eyes.

    "Please, can you remove the chains? It really hurts." Changjo's expression remained stony, pondering it over. Changhyun stopped still when a big hand reached out to him, tracing the chains over his shoulder. They were so heavy. The hand then moved to the side, delicately caressing the angry red scar the chain had left in it's wake. These red burns littered Changhyun's whole body. It ached. Changjo stared at him, his body, the chains, as if they were a masterpiece of art. Softly he began to lift the cold, heavy chains off of Changhyun, who sighed in relief. Why was Changjo being so nice to him all of a sudden. It was unnerving.

    "Thank you," He breathed, rolling his shoulders around. It felt like all the feeling had returned to his body, it felt so good, like liberation.

    Changjo stood up and walked towards the door but hesitated when he reached it. Changhyun didn't even notice, he was too busy relishing that fact that he could move. Although the chains were gone, that didn't mean he was free. He knew that. Those very chains still held him in place, locked around his ankles, denying him freedom. Changhyun looked over his shoulder, sensing something was wrong. Changjo was staring at the floor deep in thought, what was going on with him? His captor was acting really strange. Changhyun did not like it one bit.

    Changjo then spun around on his heal and rushed down to Changhyun, grabbing his thin shoulders in his strong grip.

    "I'm so sorry, Ricky! I'm sorry for everything!" He cried hysterically, tears escaping from his bright eyes. Changhyun was stunned into silence, all of a sudden Changjo was crying his eyes out, shouting unintelligible apologies at him. Changhyun was almost scared. This wasn't the same man that had uprooted him from his family and friends, starved him, abused him. He was apologising to him. He didn't know what to do, but he knew that Changjo was in no way sorry. It just wasn't possible.

    "I'm really sorry, I mean it! I am so, so sorry!" Changjo's head hung between them, the tears pooling on the floor. Changhyun's shoulders grew numb under Changjo's tight hold.

    "Changjo," He whispered. He wanted this to stop, it was freaking him out. His captor looked up at him, eyes red and sore. Changhyun didn't know what to say, the sight of Changjo breaking down was heart breaking. He was blown away. Changjo had always been a stoic, angry type of person. They stared at eachother, both trying to read the other. Changhyun was trying to figure out the reason behind Changjo's outburst but drew a blank.

    "What's going on?" Changjo's grip loosened and his hands slid down to the boy's narrow wrists and he choked out a sob. Without warning, his captor suddenly lunged forward and locked lips with Changhyun's, pushing the boy back against the wall. Changhyun yelped in surprise, his limbs snapping in the awkward position. Lips moved against him roughly, without mercy, he couldn't breathe. He tried to slip his wrists out of Changjo's grasp but it only made Changjo hold on tighter.

    "Chan-!" Changhyun cried out in vain against his captor's eager lips. Out of all the kisses they had shared, this was the first kiss that made Changhyun feel anything. It was desperate and rushed, like a goodbye scene from a movie.

     His captor pulled away suddenly, hands travelling away from the boy's wrists to his stomach. Finger tips lightly brushed against the waistband of his boxers, blunt nails tickling soft skin. Changjo sniffed and leaned in close, a damp nose touching the other.

     He looked at Changhyun pleadingly, "Please, let me. Just one last time."

    Changhyun let him, his confused questioning going ignored. This time it was different. It was slow, raw, apprehensive. Unnerving. But what worried Changhyun the most was that it actually felt good; he actually enjoyed it. When they were done, Changjo wasted no time and stood up, practically dropping Changhyun without a care. The skinny boy was left stunned yet again, something was wrong, really wrong. Everything about today was off. This wasn't the Changjo he knew, well he didn't actually know Changjo at all, but it wasn't the Changjo he was used to. His captor retreated off into the corner, biting his thumbnail worriedly.

    "Changjo?"

    CRASH! BANG! It came from upstairs, he didn't even know there was an upstairs. There was a rumbling of footsteps that sounded like a stampede of buffalo. Glass broke and pottery shattered, Changhyun looked at Changjo questioningly. Changjo just stared at the floor, swaying a little.

    The noisy footsteps grew closer and closer.

    "Changjo?!" He was scared. Why wasn't Changjo doing anything? People were here, charging about the place, breaking things and shouting. And Changjo just stood there, chewing his nail, dull red hair shaking as he shivered and swayed.

    Suddenly, the door burst open, almost throwing it off it's hinges. What seemed like a dozen men stood on the other side, 'Police' printed on their clothes. The Police were here. The had come to rescue him. He was saved.

     Guns were pointed at the sobbing Changjo whilst one of the Policemen spoke into their walkie-talkies. Changhyun tried to crawl over to his captor but he was stopped by Policemen. Why did he want to cry?

    "Changhyun? It's going to be OK now." A man in a brown suit suddenly appeared and knelt down beside him. "We've come to take you home."

    "Changjo!" He shouted, his lungs burning with the effort. Another Policeman cronie rushed to him, bolt-croppers in hand. He was going to be cut free from these chains. Finally.

     Changjo didn't move an inch - not one inch. The chains fell to the floor, the deafening noise echoing around the room, echoing over Changhyun's cries. All of a sudden, he felt hollow. Why was this happening? Had Changjo been the one to call the cops? He wouldn't do that, right? Changjo loved him. Changjo said that he wanted to be with him, forever. The suited Policeman reached out to him, touching his shoulder softly, trying to beckon Changhyun to him. The skinny boy slapped him away as if he had been burnt, glaring at the Policeman. He didn't understand any of it.

     "Changjo! What's happening! Tell me!"

    "Changhyun, we're taking you home. Calm down."

    "CHANGJO!" He was grabbed, being heaved up onto his weak feet. He writhed in the grasp, trying to break free. "CHANGJO!" He roared, glaring at the statue of his captor.

    Changjo finally looked up, albeit not very much, looking through his hair and eyelashes. Tears streamed down his face, he watched Changhyun, heart-break in his eyes, mouthing: 'I'm sorry' as the frail boy was dragged away. He started to cry. He was being torn away from everything, just like when Changjo tore him away from his family. Changjo was letting him go, freeing him, saving him. Changhyun shouted Changjo's name endlessly, tears flowing uncontrollably. He didn't understand the way he was feeling. He shouldn't be feeling sad or upset. He should be on top of the world! Instead he felt hollow and dull. Had he really been saved?

 

 

 


Well there we go. I didn't really convey the feelings that I wanted to but still... I hoped you enjoyed it ^^ Next is RING. Gosh such potential! :D Thank you for reading.