CONFESS // ChunJoe.

Cotton Socks

 

 

 “You know Byunghun, you should just confess.”

 

Byunghun gave Daniel a seething look next to him before angrily chomping on his riceball, mumbling that Daniel didn't know anything.

 

“What? I mean it's not hard! And when you do you'll feel much better,” Daniel smiled brightly.

 

“Do you want to die?” Byunghun loomed over him as menacingly as he could. Byunghun wasn't very good at intimidating people.

 

“Ya, Daniel has a point, Byunghun.” Minsoo appeared in the courtyard next to them, pushing Byunghun away from Daniel gently. He threw his bag on the grass ignoring Byunghun's distressed sigh as he sat down.

 

“None of you understand!” He cried staring up at the sky through the branches of the oak tree they were sat under. Minsoo reclined against the trunk, folding his arms behind his head, “Seriously Byunghun. just confess.”

 

“If you get rejected, you get rejected. Who knows, he might even accept you – but moping around and watching him like some girl isn't going to get you anywhere!” Daniel shoved his upset friend playfully and stretched out on the grass, enjoying the warm summer sun.

 

“You make it sound so easy!” Byunghun whined, squirming around in his apparent distress. Some friends he had. They weren't even sympathetic to his pain.

 

“You're the one making it hard.” Mumbled Minsoo, kicking him softly to make him stop rolling around like a fool – it was disturbing his sleep. Byunghun sighed.

 

“That's because it is hard!” He howled, sitting up to glare at his friend. Minsoo looked him through one eye, his expression apathetic to his suffering. He growled in frustration. Some friends! “You're meant to be on my side!”

 

“We are! That's why we're saying you should just. Confess. Already!” Daniel squawked back with a frustrated sigh of his own. “All you have to say is 'I like you. Will you go out with me?' And you're done!”

 

“That is social suicide! Don't you understand!” He shouted dramatically, his arms waving around for emphasis before he fell back on the grass making pained noises.

 

“For God's sake, Byunghun!” Came the grumpy grumble from Minsoo.

 

“I'm just happy to admire from afar!”

 

“This is ridiculous.”

 

“Hey, there is he is now! The perfect opportunity!”

 

WHAT?! At lunch?! In the courtyard?! I don't think so Ahn Daniel!” Byunghun shot up, a heated glare pointed in his friend's direction. He refused to look at where Daniel was pointing, his dilemma was bad enough as it was.

 

“If you don't then I will and then what will you look like?”

 

“Daniel...” He ground out trying to think of a way around this. He knew Daniel would quite happily march over there and tell him, making Byunghun look a bit silly. He looked over to Minsoo for some support and found none. Minsoo's eyes said 'do-it-or-die' and he gulped down the lump in his throat.

 

“Better late than never, right? When are you going to get another chance?”

 

Byunghun surveyed his surroundings. There weren't exactly that many students but it wasn't like there was none. God, it would be the gossip of the century! They wouldn't stop talking about it for years! He'd be the of jokes for aeons! No matter what happens.

 

'If you loved him then you'd endure the ridicule for him.' A little voice in his mind whispered.

 

'We've never even said 'hello' to eachother.' He mentally said back to it, a small sweat breaking out across his skin in nervousness.

 

'Then what better way to start. Give him a great impression.'

 

'Or a really bad one.'

 

With a resigned sigh he rose to his feet.

 

“Oh my God, are you gonna' do it? Minsoo... I think he's going to do it!” Daniel gasped following Byunghun as he strode across the courtyard. Confidence pumped up through him with every step. The fire burned in his heart as he watched the object of his affections chat happily with his group of friends. His blonde hair glowed radiantly under the sun, his smile shining brighter than the sun itself. Oh no. This was bad. He could feel his body going all wobbly. This boy was too pretty for his own good.

 

His friends noticed him approach first with surprised gasps.

 

Byunghun stared determinedly into the other's eyes, sweat and anxiety mixing all over his body making him ridged and floppy all at the same time. The other watched amused.

 

'Say it! Come on! You've gotta' say it! Anything! Hurry up! He's gonna' think you're weird or crazy! Come on!' Seconds passed by agonisingly slow as the words constricted around his throat. How do you breathe again? 'Too much time has passed now, you have to say it!'

 

He could feel a hundred pairs of eyes on him, just waiting for him to fail, which was becoming extremely likely. He could see the other about to question him.

 

Now!

 

“Lee Chanhee! Would you go out with me?”

 

The bird song above him wasn't nearly as loud as his uneven breathing. The courtyard was devoid of voices as everyone waited for the answer. 'Here comes the laughter', he thought. 'Let it come, you've confessed now. You've actually done it.'

 

Chanhee's eyes sparkled with amusement and something else Byunghun couldn't pin point as he gave him a once over.

 

“OK. Sure.”

 

 


Sorry this was so crappy ;; ugh this was so bad, I really do apologise TAT I still hope you enjoyed it ^^ Thanks for reading~~ <3