TRUTH // NAP.

Cotton Socks

 

Minsoo had a hard time telling the truth. It wasn't like he was lying or anything, he just didn't tell the truth. He bit his tongue, held back, kept things to himself. Sometimes it drove him crazy. He just didn't want to hurt people with his opinions, for example, he hated the way Ricky and Changjo clung to eachother. He understood that they were the youngest and close friends, it just made him feel left out. He was the leader, their older brother in some ways, he wasn't as scary as he looked. He cared for all of s, he just wished they knew that. He wanted to be the type of person they could come to in time of need, talk to if something was bothering them, even play games with. But it seemed that he had no place amongst them. He was just the leader, the rapper, the socially awkward one. So as he watched Ricky and Changjo bicker amongst themselves he felt sad.

He turned back to his phone, going through his endless amount of photos to cure his boredom. To anyone else looking, they would've noticed that the rapper had a unusually large amount of photos containing Niel. To Minsoo, he just had a lot of pictures of his friend, his band mate, his junior. If he was being honest, he liked Niel a lot more than he should, but he always shrugged off as a branch of band mate friendship. Because if you live with the same person - work with the same person - 24/7, and still get along well, you have a special kind of friendship.A special kind of bond, akin to love. Especially if that person sees you at your worst, or you see them at their worst. That's what Minsoo thought anyway. Because there was no way he was attracted to Niel. Nope. Boys don't get attracted to the same gender anyway. He didn't swoon over Niel's luscious lips, or gaze into his big cat eyes. He didn't envy the boy for being so limber and flawless when he danced. His heart didn't stop when the boy sang with that unique voice of his. No. That was the truth.

Minsoo always had a hard time telling the truth anyway.

Niel suddenly appeared at his side, stealing his phone from him and running around the room with it.

"Yah, Minsoo-hyung! Why are you staring at girl groups!" Niel jokingly shrieked. Minsoo leaned forward on the sofa, holding his hand out to Niel. There weren't any girl groups on his phone, if there was, it was only one or two. He usually skipped over them anyway.

"Ahn Daniel, give me my phone," He said with his best 'leader' tone of voice.

"Wow, Minsoo-hyung is scary!" Niel laughed, scrolling through the device. To be honest, he hated it when Niel acted like some hyper child. It felt unnesserary to him, but Niel was young so he kept it to himself. He stood up, advancing on the younger boy. Niel had grown so much he was unable to loom over him with authority, so he relied on his looks, putting on a stern expression which didn't seem to work. Ricky suddenly popped up, peering at the phone.

"Oh! CAP's pictures!" He giggled, trying to take the phone off the singer.

"Niel, please give it back." He tried to smile, act like he was in on the joke, laughing it off. The members already found his collection of Niel photos weird. Especially Niel himself.

"CAP-hyung looks serious, Niel-ah." Ricky said at the singer's side, slowly beginning to back off. Niel sighed irritably before flashing the leader a sweet smile.

"OK, here." He handed back the phone which then was snatched back by Minsoo. The rapper mumbled 'Thank you', and he stalked off into his bedroom.

 

He twirled his mobile phone in his hand idly as he got lost in his thoughts. Laid on his bed, hand behind his head comfortably, he wondered if Niel was still weirded out by his collection. He had once told the boy he had deleted the pictures, it was a half truth. He had only deleted a few, the ones he didn't like anymore. He felt like a bad leader, knowing he upset one of his precious members. Was there a way to make it up to him? Now annoyed that the problem continued to exist, the turned back to his phone, determined to delete more photos. Five minutes later and he hadn't deleted a single one, he liked them all so much he just couldn't bring himself too. As he scrolled through, it was almost like watching the singer grow up. Which it was. Photos ranged from them together pre-debut through to now. How could he delete that? When he got to the end, there was a photo which hadn't been there ten minutes ago. It was a screen shot of the 'notepad' app with a short message on it.

'My Minsoup-hyung looked so sad. Where is that charismatic smile that flutters the hearts of Angels? Please be happy Minsoo-ah.'

Needless to say a smile spread across his face, Niel always made him smile. That was one of the reasons why he loved him. And he did love him. That was the truth. He just had a hard time saying it.

 

 


 

This was y and didn't make sense. I'm sorry ;_; I hope I can improve for the next chapter, will I see you there? :D Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless ^^ Bye~