The Second Floor

Mercy 자비
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

chapter eight

 

The air in the second floor stenched. It burned my nose each time I inhaled, so I tried to hold each breath as long as I could. Tao didn’t seemed bothered by it at all , which made me quite curious. After my constant pleadings and demands for water and food, he held his head high and lead the way to the kitchen --  a stopover before going straight to the second floor.

But instead, he continued walking towards the stairs .

“Isn’t the kitchen in the first floor?” I asked strangely.

He turned his face away and scratched the back of his neck. “Oh , uh , there’s another one up there. I doubt anyone even goes there, we’ll be safe,” he assured.

I nodded and followed his quiet footsteps. As we made our way to the second kitchen, I thought about nothing but us. Our group. The people waiting for us outside, worrying and wondering where we could be. Would they be worrying? Would they be looking for us? Impossible. It’s just been two days. They would think we were off on vacation or something. But what about manager hyung? Surely, he’s been trying to contact us, right? No doubt, he’d be hunting down our driver by now. Did our driver – of all people – know about their plan? Most likely. What will happen to us? What will happen to our career? Would we be fired?

What about our families? The people who would be worrying the most? They would think we were kidnapped. But yes, we were kidnapped.  By the brothers who people would least expect to harm us . Why are they doing this to us? What have we done to make them this – evil? What have we done to make our lives this damned?

Tao bit his lip and reluctantly opened the door to his right. He gestured his hand, signalling me to step inside first. I looked at him curiously. He looked like he wanted to stop himself from doing something. Every move he made was stiff and he was careful to have a safe distance away from me.

“Tao, what’s wrong?” I demanded.

It’s only when I stared right back at him did I see the tears welled in his glassy eyes. His pursed lips. His silent whimpering. Slick drops of cold sweat from his temples. Tao was crying.

He seized my arm and squeezed it. Tao was stronger than me, much stronger. I could almost feel the wound on my shoulder bleeding again because of the pressure he exerted. I struggled, but that was useless, his firm grip took control of my whole body and I could hardly move an inch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter