The Plan

Mercy 자비
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

chapter two

 

The night was cold and we were numb to our toes. Desperately seeking for warmth, we stayed as close as possible to one another. Yifan flung his arm around me and I buried my face on his shoulder, pressing my cheeks against him and breathing in his body heat . Luhan was lying fast asleep at the corner of our cell, clinging to Minseok who was whispering to Jongdae. About what? I don’t know. An escape plan, hopefully. Tao, on the other hand, was carving nonsense on the wall . Help, it says.

“Who would most likely help us now, Tao?” I asked him.

He stopped and turned around. “Anyone,” His eyes were ferociously red and he was breathing so heavily, I saw the white fog escape his lips each time he spoke. “It doesn’t matter who. I don’t care. I’m never going to trust them again.”

Before I could reply, we heard soft footsteps coming our way.

I patted Yifan’s cheek softly to wake him up. He moaned but I quickly covered his mouth . Minseok also woke Luhan up, who was already alert of what was happening. I looked towards the metal bars and there Kyungsoo was, holding a tray of six mugs.

“I know you guys are cold so, I brought some coffee,” he said with a smile. He bent down and  pushed a mug inside and placed it on the floor, just inches away from Tao.

Tao accepted the mug with both hands and took a sip. “Kyungsoo-ah, “ he said as he brought his face back up again whilst stepping forward to Kyungsoo. “How dare you.”

He swashed the mug to Kyungsoo’s face with the hot coffee. Kyungsoo staggered back and screamed, burying his face in his hands. He dropped tray and the porcelain mugs shattered into pieces, spilling the hot liquid all over the place. Kyungsoo screamed and yelled and fell to his knees until we heard another pair of feet rushing to his aid. It was Sehun. He tried to pry Kyungsoo’s hands off his face but he refused. The pain was unbearble.

“Who did this? He was just trying to help you!” Sehun yelled, eyeing each of us.

I quickly glanced at Tao’s direction and turned away facing the wall. Unfortunately, Sehun must’ve seen it.

“Tao?” he asked, still holding a screaming Kyungsoo in his arms.

“Did you expect us to thank him for locking us here ? Did you expect us to accept his coffee with a smile?” Tao cried out.

Luhan looked up and whispered, “Think , Oh Sehun. You’re all traitors.”

Sehun ignored him and helped Kyungsoo get up. He flung Kyungsoo’s arm around his shoulder and they uneasily staggered out of the hall.

 

***

 

I woke up to Yifan smiling, patting my cheeks. “Wake up, sleepyhead. It’s time to go.”

I glanced at the small window and found no sunlight. It wasn’t morning yet, the night sky was still evidently there with twinkling stars and a glowing moon. I looked around the cell and found everyone to be standing up, smiling. Smiling? Why were they smili

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter