Flangst

Last Stand

 

--

Seunghyun.

I watched, speechless as Jiyong was taken away from me and into the operation room. My knees felt weak as I slid to the ground, trying to process Jiyong’s last words to me. Jiyong… loved me? Since when? If he did, then why did he refuse me all these years? He knew I loved him and yet…

I gathered my strength as I rose to my feet, pressing against the wall for support. When I got to the lobby, I saw Daesung sitting there, eyes red and tears running down his face. Seeing my band mate in such strife, I wanted to comfort him.

“Daesung-ah, it’ll be okay… Jiyong will live, don’t worry,” I said weakly. Did I even believe in my own words?

Daesung smiled bitterly as more tears ran down his cheeks. His voice cracked as he said, “How can you say that? Half the reason he has to be here anyway was because you…” Daesung looked away, unable to keep eye contact with me, his voice dropping off into an unintelligible whisper.

I closed my eyes and sighed deeply. “Dae, I know you have reason to think that I hurt Jiyong, but I swear I didn’t. Please believe me.”

Daesung looked up at me, face blotchy from crying for so long. He closed his eyes, trying to gather his thoughts. “Why did you say you slept with him then? There’s no way Jiyong would have done that willingly,” Daesung said.

“But he did… and he loves me,” I whispered, on the verge of tears. “He loved me, and I didn’t know… how could I have missed it? I should have cherished the time we had together…” I buried my face in my hands, sinking into one of the seats in the lobby.

After a period of silence, I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. Surprised, I looked up and saw Daesung looking at me with an ambivalent expression. “Hyung,” he began, trying to find his words, “why did you say ‘loved’ instead of ‘loves’? Jiyong’s going to get through this operation, we’ll get him back and reunite Big Bang… and dance and sing just like always!” Daesung said, trying to comfort me.

Grateful to have such a caring friend, I smiled and replied, “Thanks Dae, I’m sure he’ll be fine. We just have to wait until Jiyong’s back, and we’ll be together again…” My voice trailed off as I thought of the future. If Jiyong really did come back, what would happen then? We both loved each other, so… could it be possible that we would finally unite as a couple?

With this new hope shining brightly within me, I sat down to wait for my love to wake up.

--

Daesung and Seunghyun sat there for hours, awaiting news of their comrade and leader, Jiyong. Trying to find ways to distract themselves, they did everything they could have done – contacted Jiyong’s relatives, the rest of the Big Bang members, doing puzzles, Sudoku… Finally, after what seemed like forever, the doctor walked out of the operation room and into the lobby where they sat.

“Doctor!” Seunghyun exclaimed, his eyes frantically trying to read the doctor’s expression. The doctor’s face looked neither happy nor sad – it looked blank, as if he had wiped his face clean of emotion before stepping out of the operation room. “How’s Jiyong?”

The doctor cleared his throat and replied, “Mr. Kang and Mr. Choi, thank you for waiting for this long. We have finished Jiyong’s treatment, and the anesthetics should be wearing off soon. You may go into his room now if you wish, but please don’t scare him when he first wakes up. There could be some side effects, as I warned you before the operation…”

The doctor paused before adding, “Of course, there is also the possibility that he may not wake up, in which case we would have to have you exit the room… we will be monitoring his vital signs during your visit.” The doctor looked like he wanted to say something more, but after seeing the looks on Daesung and Seunghyun’s faces, he simply said, “Right this way, gentlemen.”

He led them to a room that reeked of clinical chemicals, where Jiyong lay in the middle of a labyrinth of tubes and IV drips, machines and wires… Seunghyun could hardly recognize him through all the equipment that surrounded him. Would he really just open his eyes and be cured of his disease? It seemed unlikely.

“Jiyong, wake up, please… we’re waiting for you,” Top rasped, biting his lip, trying to hold back his tears.

Daesung chimed in, saying, “Hyung… wake up, we need you. Please Jiyong-ah, open your eyes!” He grabbed his leader’s hand, pressing it to his forehead. “Jiyong…”

--

Seunghyun.

I sat by my treasured, knowing the mutual nature of our love but unable to reach him. I could do nothing but stare at the green lines on the screen that would show Jiyong’s brain activity – if it ever happened.

This was the first time I really felt powerless – the feeling that what I wanted most in the world was right in front of me – but no matter how famous and how rich I was, I knew I couldn’t reach it… couldn’t reach him. Jiyong.

--

As they waited in the room, the other Big Bang members rushed in one by one, first Taeyang, then Seungri – both with worry etched in their faces. The group of young men surrounded Jiyong’s bed, praying and crying for the return of their leader.

Suddenly, the green line began pulsating – at first, it was only slightly but soon it gained frequency and started making leaps and bounds – Jiyong was alive!

Seunghyun was the first to see the change, and immediately grabbed G Dragon’s hand, clasping it tightly, whispering, “Jiyong… Jiyong! You’re almost here, just make the last step and you’ll be here, with us!”

The rest of the members caught on to Top’s behavior, and watched nervously as Jiyong slowly opened his eyes, shocked at the sight of all the members. Laughing and crying, the entire group hugged Jiyong, welcoming him back and smiling – overjoyed that he was back with them.

--

Thanks you for reading mai fanfic :3 

Wooot ~ he's alive! Happy stuff yeahh~

Hope you guys liked it, sorry it's so short ;____;