Escape.

Last Stand

 

--

Jiyong.

                Slowly, the world came into focus. Where am I…? Jiyong asked himself. He looked down at his body, tubes coming out of his arms, and dressed in a patient’s robes.

That’s right. I collapsed, and came here… but… why did I…

Suddenly, everything came crashing back onto him for the second time today. He had collapsed after spending a night with Seunghyun, and then he had gotten a relapse… He clutched his chest, remembering the piercing pain. He slowly brought himself to a sitting position, quickly checking his watch, which sat on a small table near his bed. 3:00 p.m., read the small screen. Jiyong knit his eyebrows together, trying to think of his next move, when he heard Seunghyun’s voice right outside his door.

--

Seunghyun.

After hearing that Jiyong only had one month left to live, I ran from the room without thinking, frantically searching for my beloved. Halfway through my crazed search, I realized there were people following me, yelling at me to stop and to come back. Aish, I almost forgot about those horrid doctors…

Instead, I ran faster. I had to find Jiyong and take him away from this horrible place. There was no way Jiyong was treated well under that kind of devilish doctor. But as I increased my speed, so did the steps behind me, and I heard over the intercom: Security, security…  Quickly, I ducked into a dimly lit hallway, holding my breath as the storm of men passed me.

I exhaled, panting as I caught my breath. “Aish,” I said aloud, “Where could Jiyong be… I need to talk to him…”

--

Jiyong.

I couldn’t make out what he was saying, but I knew for sure it was Top. Right outside my door, talking, maybe to another person, or perhaps to my doctor. I was confused. Didn’t I ask to have no visitors? Did my doctor forget for some reason?

Suddenly, a knock startled me out of my thoughts. A deep voice called, clearer now. “Excuse me, is there anyone in here?”

His voice froze me to the spot. Seunghyun. No, I couldn’t see him. I wasn’t worthy to see him. I would only hurt him more. I had to… I had to do something. Ripping the tubes from my arm, I released the belt from my waist and climbed out of the bed. I felt remarkably better than this morning, but the old pain still stung, deeply imbedded in my chest, and I knew I would feel this pain, forever.

“… Excuse me…” Top’s voice cut through the silence and disrupting my thoughts. “Is anyone here?” After waiting a few seconds, he added, “If not, I’ll be coming in…”

I panicked. I had to move faster, to avoid being caught. Finding my possessions in the room, I quickly pulled my clothes on and hid in a supply closet just as Seung stepped into the room.

--

Seunghyun.

I looked into the dimly lit room, seeing nothing but an empty bed, machines sprawled everywhere and a few tubes lying on the bed... and a few drops of blood. Other than that, it looked like the room was truly empty, surprising me. I expected that such a high-technology room would have a more tidy appearance, or would have been in use. I slowly walked in when I heard the all-too-familiar rain of feet on the cold tiles of the hospital. I swore under my breath. Were they hunting dogs? My head whipped around, trying to find a good place to hide. The supply closets caught my eye, and I ran over to open them…

--

Jiyong.

As I saw Top come into the room, clearly in deep thought, I couldn’t help but stare at his beautiful body, gleaming in sweat. I wondered why he was so sweaty; didn’t he just come to see me…?

Then I heard people running toward us. I was confused… why would anyone run in the hospital and why to the special service area of all places?

Suddenly, Seunghyun looked scared. He looked around the room and then began running toward the closet I was hiding in. Shocked, I was stunned in place as Seunghyun threw open the closet…

--

Seunghyun and Jiyong could only stare at each other, both surprised to see the other. Top could only utter, “J…Jiyong?” before the doctors burst into hospital ward. Startled, Seunghyun slammed the closet shut and whipped around.

“…Mr. Choi.” The familiar, chilling voice uttered. “I was going to be gentle with you and hear out your side of the story, but it seems you leave me no choice.” He waved his hand, and immediately guards grabbed Seunghyun.

“Doctor, I can explain… I was just shocked by the news, and wanted to see Jiyo—“ Top tried to say, but was cut off by the doctor’s hiss.

“You have lost your right to speak, Mr. Choi.” The doctor sneered as they exited the room, dragging Seunghyun with them.

--

Jiyong.

I held my breath as they left the room. Why did they take Seunghyun away as if he was a criminal? I had no time to think though, because I had to make my escape. As I heard their steps receding down the hall, I threw open the closet door and fled from the room.

--

“Wait, Jiyong is in…” Seunghyun tried to say, but the guards tightened their grip on him, making the pain stop him from talking. They marched forward, and just as Seunghyun was about to lose sight of Jiyong’s room, he saw a familiar figure out of the corner of his eye, running away, blood dripping from his arm. “J-JIYONG!” Top screamed, but it was too late. The figure had already disappeared.

--

W-wahh, more than 1,000 views! Thank you to all my viewers and special love to all you subscribers and commenters <3 ~

Thanks so much for all the support on this fanfic! I'm genuinely thankful for all you guys!

Hoped you liked the chapter~