Second Visit

You're My Thief (Kaisoo ver)

 

 

~ What the heck is this? How can that thief be in my school? ~

 

After making sure he has walked far from the cafeteria, Kyungsoo stops in the middle of a school corridor, standing rigidly, while face palming his pale forehead. He can’t believe what he saw earlier. The thief shouldn’t be at his school now, he shouldn’t be his school mate. He thinks it must be just a coincidence. But the more he denies everything, the more he sees the similarities between the thief and the boy named Kai.

Kyungsoo tries to recollect his memories about the thief’s looks; his handsome face, his deep browns eyes and his smirk. Even though, they were not clear enough last night because of the darkness, Kyungsoo is so sure everything seems so similar. There’s no different. Even his voice sounded the same as the voice Kyungsoo heard last night. A voice that makes his face blush again.

“Hey Kyungsoo, what’s wrong with you? Why did you run away?” Baekhyun asks, panting heavily after his running to catch Kyungsoo. He stares in confusion seeing Kyungsoo is in deep thought. So he waves his hands in front of Kyungsoo’s face, calling the latter’s name. But Kyungsoo just turns his gaze blankly toward him, without changing his frowning face.

“Baekhyun, do you know the identity of that mysterious thief? Did Suho-hyung tell you who the thief is?” Kyungsoo’s question makes Baekhyun suddenly furrow his brows in confusion.

“What? The thief’s identity? Of course I don’t know Kyungie. Of all the people in this city, including the policemen, nobody knows his real identity.” Baekhyun stares at Kyungsoo in confusion. He wonders why Kyungsoo suddenly asks those weird questions, and he can’t understand Kyungsoo’s weird acts after meeting Kai and Chanyeol at the cafeteria earlier. “What’s wrong Kyungsoo?”

“Baekhyunnie, don’t you think that the thief might be the same person you call a Prince Charming Kai?” Laugh echoes in the corridor, as soon as Baekhyun realizes what Kyungsoo said. He can’t even understand why Kyungsoo suddenly states something nonsensical like that.

“How can you think something like that Kyungsoo? I think you misunderstood everything.  If Kai is the thief, he wouldn’t attend school. He’d just keep hiding for his safety during the day. He wouldn’t go to school nor enjoys his days like the normal teenager.” Baekhyun pats Kyungsoo’s shoulder to assure him, but Kyungsoo just mumbles softly. He’s so sure that Kai is the mysterious thief and he hides everything behind his innocent life as a normal student. Baekhyun shakes his head in disbelief for Kyungsoo’s stubbornness.

“Moreover, Kyungsoo, Kai doesn’t come from an ordinary family. His father is a famous businessman. They are so damn rich and Kai always gets everything he wants because he’s the only son and heir of his father’s multimillion companies. So there is no reason for him to be a thief.” Baekhyun gives an assuring smile as if he already reached a great conclusion.

“But, you said that the thief is unique. You said that he just stole unique arts that belong to a millionaire or a museum?”  Kyungsoo still doesn’t want to give up and it makes Baekhyun start feeling irritated.

“Come on Kyungsoo, no one in this school ever thought about that. Kai was already like a Prince, always been worshipped by every girl because of his gorgeous appearance.”

Before Kyungsoo can open his mouth and protest again, Baekhyun immediately embraces Kyungsoo’s shoulder and takes him to their class. Actually, Kyungsoo still wants to ask more, but he decides to close his mouth this time.

~Okay, it seems like all people in this school are blinded by his prince mask. But, just wait and see Kai, soon I will show your true face to the whole world, and we’ll see what people will do to you!~

Bells are ringing and suddenly the corridors are filled with students who are rushing into the classroom for the next lesson.

 

***

Kyungsoo curls on couch while flipping though television channels. This night he’s alone again in his apartment. Kris already went over again to resume his duty as the chief of criminal investigation, after a very quick dinner. Lately he has become busier and this means more nights spent alone for Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo hates it. He hates the fact that his brother becomes busier because of the mysterious thief. That thief’s new attack made the headquarters do everything to find his traces, or just more information about him. They want to be prepared if someday the thief suddenly sends a letter again. Kris said that they don’t want to lose again next time. But it makes Kyungsoo feels so worried about his brother.

 

‘Hyung, please don’t force yourself. You need to take a rest,’ Kyungsoo said as they had dinner earlier.

‘Don t worry Kyungie, I’m okay. I don’t think I can relax till I catch that thief. That’s my pride as man and as an officer,’ his brother smiled gently and messed his hair as usual when he wanted to assure the younger. And Kyungsoo just watched his brother with sad eyes, unable to do anything to restrain him.

 

 ~You know hyung, I’m so lonely in here. Please come back home soon...~ Kyungsoo mumbles softly, taking a deep breath and laying his head on the couch’s arm. His attention moves to the news on the television screen. It’s a broadcast about the development of the investigation concerning the robbery case that the mysterious thief did three days ago.

Kyungsoo pouts annoyingly when he sees pictures of the thief’s action the previous night. On the television screen, there’s a black shadow coming out of a sumptuous house’s window. The camera seeks and zooms in to his face, but all they can see is a face covered by a phantom mask. The black figure quickly jumps down and fades away into the darkness.

Kyungsoo curses softly under his breath. These past three days he has been seeking information about Kai by asking some students on his school, but there’s no information that has any relation to the mysterious thief. Kyungsoo has also been stalking Kai every day after school, but he always ends up losing his target when they meet a crowd. And honestly, it makes Kyungsoo a bit pissed, but he promised to keep trying until he gets to the bottom of it.

And the other thing that makes him annoyed is the fact that the thief always wears his phantom mask every time he takes action.  It’s really a smart way to hide his identity to the society, and that’s why Baekhyun and all of his friends at school don’t believe Kai and The Thief are the same person.

~Ahh, I really hope someday I can rip off that mask in front of everyone...~ Kyungsoo scratches his hair frustratingly. He immediately turns off the TV and walks to his room, wanting to search more information about the thief on the internet.

But after minutes searching like crazy, the result is nothing.  All he finds are some news about his recent actions. How he always succeeds stealing expensive pieces of art from many different places. And there were also people who thought (Kyungsoo laughed so hard after reading this) that he is a secret agent who is doing this special task for FBI or CIA. There are even some fan sites dedicated to that thief, but once again they don’t help Kyungsoo with anything. He feels even more frustrated.

“Ahh, this is so useless! Why can’t they write something important, instead of all these ty compliments?!?!” Kyungsoo yells frustrated while his body leans back to the seat.

“What’s useless Kyungsoo?” Suddenly a whisper coming from behind, makes Kyungsoo jump in surprise.

Kyungsoo quickly turns his head only to find a guy dressed in black sitting on his bed, smirking slyly at him.  Without waiting for any more signs, Kyungsoo quickly stands up from his idle position. He glances at the balcony and realizes the door is open wide. His eyes widen, as well, in surprise. He has no idea when it opened and he got into this room, while he was so sure he had locked it.

“W-when did you get in to here?!” Kyungsoo mentally curses himself for stuttering in front of the thief. He doesn’t want to seem scared or anything. “And why did you come back again?!?” Kyungsoo shouts at the thief, but the latter smiles gently, just like when he smiled at every girl in school. He lowers his hoodie, so Kyungsoo can see his black wavy hair.

“I come back here because I miss you cutie. Am I wrong?” Kai rises up and approaches Kyungsoo, still in his smiling face.

“Y-yah, of course you’re wrong!  You don’t have any reason to miss me, we don’t know each other, and there are no expensive works of art worthy enough to be stolen by you, from here!” Kyungsoo steps backward slowly. His instincts tell him to be ready for everything. He knows something bad will happen to him if he lets his guard down like the last night.

“You said we don’t know each other? Really? So tell me why you keep asking random students at school about me. Is that what you call ‘not knowing me’, wait, no, ‘not wanting to know me’?” Kai comes closer to Kyungsoo with every step he takes, his gentle smile now turning out to be a playful smirk. And it makes Kyungsoo shiver in fear.

“And as a matter of fact, Kyungsoo, there surely is something worthy that I can take from here.” Kai says seductively as he his upper lip. Kyungsoo turns pale. Right now he is sure, he is in danger just by having this thief standing just a few meters from him.

The thief who looks ready to eat him alive…

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Big thanks for my friend Boby who was help me beta-ing this chapter.. This is great dear!! :))

And welcome for my new subscribers. pls feel free to drop your comments guys.. 

love ya..

-wooyochie-