New City

You're My Thief (Kaisoo ver)

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

 

Kyungsoo is sitting on the floor, letting his body lean back on the side of his bed. Sweat is running from his forehead and neck, making his shirt slightly wet. He reaches out his hand and wipes some salty liquid from his forehead. Seoul air feels so hot today, and honestly he’s pretty bothered by that. Suddenly, he misses his hometown. He feels homesick for Daegu, his hometown before he moved to Seoul. Yeah, he just moved on to this city yesterday, after deciding to follow his older brother who moved to his new office at Seoul Police Headquarter.

Feeling very bored, Kyungsoo throws his gaze through the window and stares blankly at the dark sky outside, while sighing deeply. He doesn’t care for the cardboards and boxes, containing clothes and his personal items that still lay scattered on the floor. He only pays attention, when suddenly the door opens to reveal a tall and gorgeous man. He walks in and takes a seat on Kyungsoo's bed.

“Have you finished unpacking your things Kyungie?” He asks a pouting Kyungsoo. A smile appears on the tall man’s face when he sees his younger brother stare at him with a pouty,adorable face.

“Not yet, hyung.”Kyungsoo shakes his head, taking a deep sigh.“It's too much to finish today. And I feel so boredright now.”

Kris reaches out his hand to Kyungsoo’s hair. “If you feel so tired now, just take a rest Kyung. It’s late, anyway.You need a good rest to prepare for your first day at your new school tomorrow.” Kyungsoo flinches a bit, hearing his brother’s words.

“So, I have to go to my new school starting from tomorrow? Why so fast hyung? I think I'll enjoy my holiday till next week.”

“No Kyungie, it's best for you to start school as soon as possible, so you can make somenew friends here. Meanwhile, I will be very busy soon, so I'm afraid that you’ll be bored while I’m working.”

“But Kris hyung...”Kyungsoo stares at Kris with sad, puppy eyes, trying to convince the older. But it seems useless, as Kris shakes his head slowly and stares at Kyungsoo with his serious face.

“Come on Kyungie, just be happy and go to school tomorrow. Maybe you can meet a lot of new friends there, or maybe you’ll finda new girlfriend.” Kris smirks when he says the last phrase. Kyungsoo just shoots him a death glare.

“I don't care about that hyung!!”He puffs his cheeks in annoyance and throws his glance through the window.

Kyungsoo is so annoyed by his brother’s teasing. He hates it when other people comment on his relationships; especially sinceKris knew that the main reason for his willingly moving together with him is to forget his ex-girlfriend and his messed up love life. Yeah, a week before they move to Seoul, Kyungsoo just broke up with his girlfriend after he found her cheating with another man.

“Hahaha, don't be angry Kyungie. I just want to make you happy again...”Once again, Kris Kyungsoo’s hair, messing his brother's shortbrown hair. Then, he walks out from the room with a sly smile hanging on his lips, leaving Kyungsoo alone with his boxes and boredom.

~ Maybe Kris hyung is right. I must start my new life here. And maybe find a new girlfriend is the best way to forget my past. ~Kyungsoo smiles slightly as his gaze falls on the dark night sky outside his room.

 

***

Next morning, Kyungsoo stands up in front of his new classroom with a jumbled feeling. He stares at the door with anxiety, waiting for his teacher to him into his new classroom. This is his first time moving to a new school, he never did it before in his entire life. He was always stuck in the same city since he was born, so he feels so scared now. He can’t imagine how his new classmates will react about him.

~Be calm Kyungsoo, don’t be afraid. Just smile and act politely if it’s needed.~ Kyungsoo tries to soothe himself, inhaling and exhaling deep breaths, slowly. He fixes his clothes. He's still wearing his old school uniform, white shirt and red patterned pants, because his new school uniform hasn't come yet.

“Do Kyungsoo right?” A voice comes from behind, making Kyungsoo jumps up in surprise, receiving a soft laugh from the older man. “I’m sorry for surprising you. I’m Mr. Park, your teacher.” He smiles to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo stares at him and then gives him a polite bow. “I-I’m D-Do Kyungsoo sir...”

“Hey are you nervous now?” Mr. Park looks at Kyungsoo with a sly smile. Kyungsoo just nods slowly, feeling so embarrassed by his nervousness. “Calm down Kyungsoo. Your new classmates are good kids, so don’t be afraid. Come on, now. Let me introduce you to each other.” He pats Kyungsoo’s shoulder gently and leads him inthe classroom.

 

“Good morning class, we have a new classmate here. He’s Do Kyungsoo, he just moved to Seoul, from Daegu. Please treat him well, kids.” Mr. Park introduces him in front of the class. Kyungsoo just smiles nervously and looks around to see his new classmates. “You can sit there Kyungsoo,” Kyungsoo looks where Mr. Park is pointing his finger. It’s an empty seat, near the window, at the back of the classroom. He nods slowly and walks to his seat.

Kyungsoo walks with his head hanging down, trying to ignorecurious staresfrom the other students. Some comments and giggles are heard from groups of girls as he passes them by, yet once again, he just tries hard to ignore them. When he finally arrives at his seat, he sees a boy with brown hair who sits beside him smiling at him. His eyes close when he smiles, forming an eye-smile that makes him looks very cute.

“Hello, I'm Byun Baekhyun. Nice to meet you Kyungsoo.” He says nicely to Kyungsoo, making him smile clumsily.

“Nice to meet you too Baekhyun-sii,” Kyungsoo immediately sits down, not giving his full attention to the boy. He still feels too awkward to start a conversation with new people.

From the corner of his eyes, he can see Baekhyun who’s still staring to him with a sly smile. Feeling even more awkward, Kyungsoo just tries to ignore him as well as some stares and noises that are still coming from other students. Finally his ‘awkward time’ ends after Mr. Park forces them to stop and begins the lesson. Silently, Kyungsoo releases a breath of relief and throws his gaze into the blue sky outside.

~It will be a hard day. Just have a good day Kyungsoo... ~ He says to himself hopelessly.

 

***

Kyungsoo throws himself into the fluffy bed. His stomach feels so full after a quick dinner with Kris. His older brother immediately went away after finishing his meal which was eaten in super speed. He said that there’s a great case he had to handle on his first day at Seoul Police Headquarters. Kyungsoo remembers Kris mentioned a mysterious thief who would take action again tonight.

Actually he doesn’t really know much about this thief, but from his brother’s explanation, Kyungsoo got the idea that the thief is extremely famous in Seoul. He has been stirring trouble in the city with his brilliant stealing techniques, since six months ago. And tonight, said-thief will make his next move. He had sent a challenge letter to the house of a famous millionaire in Seoul. In that letter, he announced that he will take the millionaire's antique gem which is worth billions and has along history. Of course, the letter infuriated the police headquarters and they sent all their best officers, including Kris, to catch the thief.

Honestly, Kyungsoo doesn’t care about the mysterious thief or anything concerning him. He only cares about his older brother who is forced to stay away from home tonight because of that thief. Actually, Kyungsoo feels so lonely, having to spend his second night in this new city without Kris. He wants Kris to be here with him, but he has to accept the fact that his brother has a duty bigger than just spending his nights happily with Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo takes a deep breath, staring into the ceiling. Slowly, his mind drifts off to his first day on his new school. He remembers his new classmates constantly whispering behind his back. Some girls were giggling happily every time Kyungsoo threw his gaze and smiled at them. And some boys kept staring at him with curiosity, especially when Kyungsoo made his eyes widen during the conversations. And to add to the torture, Baekhyun kept talking to him during lessons, making Kyungsoo get multiple warnings from the teacher. He can simply say that his first day was really bad.

Kyungsoo sighs heavily, closing his eyes. Suddenly he misses his old school and his old friends. But, on the other side, Kyungsoo doesn't want to remember his pain when his ex-girlfriend’s image flashes before his mind. He massages his chest, trying to forget the pain that still lingers on his heart. Opening his eyes, Kyungsoo looks away into the sky which is decorated with a full moon. It isn’t a silent night. It’s Seoul, the biggest city in South Korea, and thanks to the mysterious thief, the night has become even noisier by the sound of police cars’ sirens that break the peace of the night.

~I wonder if the thief has finished his act or not just yet. The police cars keep passing by, as if they’re busy trying to catch the runaway thief. Poor Kris hyung…~ Kyungsoo talks to himself while staring into the night sky.

Suddenly, he hears noises of someone falling on the balcony. He quickly sits up and stays alert. ~What kind of weird person jumps to a third floor apartment in this middle of night?~

Gathering all of his courage, Kyungsoo walks slowly towards the glass door which connects his bedroom to the balcony. As he opens the door, he sees a tall figure standing with his back facing him. And the figure quickly turns back as soon as he hears the glass door opening. Kyungsoo is so surprised and yet so fascinated by the black clothed man in front of him. He can’t tear his eyes from the beautiful, perfectly sculpted face that can be seen clearly under the moonlight. And Kyungsoo can feel his breath almost taken away when he remembers someone who has similar appearance to the man in front of him now. Yes, the thief.  Kyungsoo tries so hard not to believe that the black-clothed man standing before him now, is the mysterious thief he saw on the television before.

“A-are you t-the mysterious thief?” Kyungsoo can feel his heart beating faster as the black-clothed man takes a step towards him. A smirk appears in his perfect plump lips.

And everything happens so fast. Before Kyungsoo can scream or attack the man, his body is pushed into his room, landing onto the floor, mere inches away from his bed. Kyungsoo tries to scream out, but he can't, as his lips are sealed by a kiss from the thief. His body quivers when Kyungsoo feels the thief deepen his kiss and bite his lower lip, making Kyungsoo moan and open his mouth so the thief can slips his tongue in.

Kyungsoo panics. He feels a weird sensation when the thief his tongue and ravishes his cavern. Kyungsoo admits it, the kiss tastes good. But he quickly remembers who is kissing him right now and it successfully makes him gain his composure again and wriggle under the thief, trying hard to escape. Finally, the thief pulls his lips off with a sly smirk on his face. Kyungsoo widens his big eyes in anger and disbelief. He feels an urge to hit the thief right then and there,but to his surprise, his right hand is tied to the bed foot.

~, when he do this to my hand?~ Kyungsoo curses under his breath. He tries to untie the bound, but it seems so hard to do.

“Thanks for the nice kiss, cutie.” Kyungsoo jolts when a soft whisper reaches his left ear. He sees the thief staring at him with a smirk. Anger rises up on Kyungsoo’s blood.

“Damn you! Who are you, bastard?!” Kyungsoo shouts angrily, but the thief just smiles and then pecks his cheek lightly.

Before Kyungsoo can say another word, the thief quickly runs off, jumping from the balcony, leaving an angry and dumbfounded Kyungsoo. In the middle of curses that come out from his mouth, Kyungsoo feels his face is blushing madly when he remembers his kiss with the handsome thief...

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

A/N: Yeay, first chapter!! How's it dear?? I know I still get so many grammar mistake because of my lack English skill. Sorry.. *bow*

Well, actually I'm so suprised when I realize that I got 14 subs just hours after I posted the foreword. WOW, you are so awesome dear!! I can't imagine it.. O///O

Pls wait for the next update, and just feel free to drop your comments here..

*big hug and kiss*

-wooyochie-