Christmas

Crown In-Disguise

 

[Dara's POV]

 

 

Jiyong wanted to drove me back to our apartment but I said no, I just wanted to be alone... I wanted to think how did his mom knew about me, instead of going home. I went to the nearest park and called Christian which he immediately answered. As soon as I heard his voice, I started crying loudly.

 

 

Jessie! Is there something wrong?”

 

 

Can't you tell? I'm crying!” I sniffed in between

 

 

I know! Can you tell me why? Its making me worry”

 

 

Jiyong's mom... she knew about my identity! I thought you did your best to hide it? How come she knew? What if... what if she tell Jiyong about it? Or worst! She already told him!”

 

 

Jessie! Stop being paranoid!”

 

 

How can I stop when my happiness is on the line?!”

 

 

If Jiyong knew about it already, he would asked you about it, about yourself! But he hasn't right?”

 

 

Yeah”

 

 

Second, I don't know how his mom knew... have you asked her already?”

 

 

I did but...”

 

 

But?”

 

 

She told me I should come tomorrow at her office and she'll tell me...”

 

 

Then go there”

 

 

But I'm scared...”

 

 

Scared of what? Now, are you the Princess of Gardenia? As far as I know she's not scared of anything and anybody”

 

 

Christian... this is different\... when I'm with him, I feel safe... when we're not together, I can't help but think what if... what if he knows my real identity? And if we're together... I don't even care about the others... I don't know myself anymore....”

 

 

Jessie. I think”

 

 

What?”

 

 

You really love him”

 

 

I think so...”

 

 

So, Jessie. Don't be scared. Its all part of growing up”

 

 

Okay... I gotta go”

 

 

Sure. See you!”

 

After my call with Christian, I went home and fell asleep. I'm scared, yes, but I need to face this in order to know the answers to my countless questions.

 

 

////////////////////////////////

 

 

[Christian's POV]

 

 

As soon as Jessica ended our call, I immediately called Dara and asked if she was free this weekend.

 

 

Hey babe”

 

 

Babe. What's up?”

 

 

Are you free this weekend?”

 

 

Why?”

 

 

Jessica called me and she was yowling”

 

 

Why?”

 

 

Jiyong's mom knew about her identity and I was hoping to comfort her”

 

 

You're planning to go to Seoul?”

 

 

Yup. Just this weekend, will you come?”

 

 

I can't. You know that I have a lecture at the medical school. Its important”

 

 

I understand”

 

 

Next time, we'll go together, okay babe?”

 

 

Okay babe”

 

 

Say hi for me to Jessie and Bom unnie”

 

 

Will do babe”

 

 

When do you plan to leave?”

 

 

Saturday morning, I'll finish all my works today and go there”

 

 

Okay. Have you booked your flight already?”

 

 

I'll ask Lina to do it”

 

 

Okay. I'll miss you for sure”

 

 

Me too. Won't you drive me to the airport?”

 


“I would love to, but the lecture is on morning”

 

 

I know.”

 

 

After I called my girlfriend, I told Lina; my PA to booked me a flight for my weekend trip to Seoul. Once my papers were done, I went out of my room and grabbed the ticket to Lina.

 

 

 

Sir, the only available flight to Seoul is 10PM, is that okay?”

 

 

Yes, Lina. That's okay. What's the time of my flight arriving here?”

 

 

I booked you a 10AM flight”

 

 

That's good”

 

 

Sir. Mr. Josh wants to have a meeting with you ASAP. When do you want me to set you a meeting with him?”

 

 

On Monday, lunch time”

 

 

Noted sir”

 

 

Oh Lina”

 

 

Sir?”

 

 

Take the weekend as your day-off. No office works on the weekend, got it?”

 

 

Yes, sir”

 

 

Okay. Finish everything and make sure you lock the office. I'm out”

 

 

 

I drove back to my apartment and arranged my things, then someone rang my doorbell, I opened it and saw my girlfriend standing holding two paper bags.

 

 

 

You have the key of my apartment, why ring the doorbell?”

 

 

Aigoo. I forgot it at my house!”

 

 

I knew it. So, what are those?”

 

 

My package to Jessie and unnie. Give it to them”

 

 

Okay, but what's inside?”

 

 

My gift for unnie and Jessie's favorite foods, her beanies, and other things that she loves to wear”

 

 

Oh. She didn't bring them?”

 

 

She didn't. The queen gave it to me and asked me if I happen to go to Seoul, I should give this to her”

 

 

When did she...?”

 

 

Yesterday. She went personally to my clinic and gave this bag and she bought a gift for unnie too. Which is inside her paper bag. So give that to her”

 

 

I will. So, you really won't come?”

 

 

As much as I love to come, I can't. Let's just go next time”

 

 

Okay”

 

 

Don't be sad”

 

 

I'm trying”

 

 

I'll just cook our dinner, okay?”

 

 

Okay”

 

 

That's my big boy”

 

 

I continued arranging my things while I wait for her to finish her cooking. This is the first time that Jessie and I didn't see each other for a long time. The longest was 2 weeks when she got grounded by the king.

 

 

Babe, are you done? The food's cooked already”

 

 

Yeah. I'll be there in a sec!”

 

 

 

I sat in front of her and tonight's a Korean night. Everything that was in the table was originated in Korea. Though, I don't know what they are.

 

 

 

Are you excited to see Jessie?”

 

 

Yeah. Haven't seen her for a long time. The longest time we haven't see each other was two weeks”

 

 

Yeah! When the king found out we had a night out!”

 

 

That's the worst. She got grounded for a week and still went out that night, so she got grounded for 2 weeks”

 

 

The princess, really is stubborn”

 

 

Indeed she is”

 

 

I miss her”

 

 

Come with me”

 

 

I can't.”

 

 

 

//////////////////////////////

 

 

Early morning, Dara woke up, her face was swollen from crying. She grabbed her towel and took a bath. As soon as she was done, she wore something warm and comfortable. She forgot her favorite scarf and beanie back at Gardenia... so, in order for her to feel okay. She wore Jiyong's beanie and went out to go to his mom's office. She parked Daragon on the basement and went to the lounge.

 

 

“Excuse me, may I ask what's the floor number of Mrs. Kwon?”

 

 

“11th floor”

 

 

“Oh. Okay. Gomawo”

 

 

She went inside the elevator and pushed the 11 button. As soon as she entered the 11th floor, she was greeted by another lounge.

 

 

“Anneyeonghaseyo. Do you have an appointment with Mrs. Kwon?”

 

 

“Oh. Aniyo... uh... is Mrs. Kwon there?”

 

 

Just then, Mrs. Kwon went out of her office “Dara, you came”

 

 

“Neh, auntie”

 

 

“Come in. Hara, prepare two cups of tea”

 

 

“Noted Mrs. Kwon”

 

 

“Dara, sit” Dara sat on the single couch while they waited on their cup of tea. Then, Hara entered with a tray and placed the cups in front of them.

 

 

“Did you have a breakfast?” Mrs. Kwon asked “Thank you Hara, you can go out now”

 

 

Dara shook her head “Not yet”

 

 

“Have a cup of tea first.”

 

 

“Mrs. Kwon, I'm sorry but I'm not here for a cup of tea. I'm sure you know why I'm here”

 

 

“The princess arrived, I guess. Okay, you wanted to know why I recognized you”

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

“Simple, I'm a businesswoman, I met clients all over the world. I attend lectures, I conduct lectures all over the world, and you get the picture”

 

 

“You went to Gardenia?”

 

 

“Yes. 3 years ago, I went there to attend a lecture, and the king was the lecturer, you and the queen were there. After the lecture, the king introduced you to everyone as the next-in line. I saw you, remembered you, but you probably don't remember me. The queen and I met at the cubicle and you were waiting for her outside. That's how I met the princess of Gardenia”

 

 

“I see but there's one thing that's been bothering me...”
 

 

“Sure go ahead”

 

 

“Will you tell Jiyong about my real identity?”

 

 

“Hmm... now that you asked it... No. Even if you beg for me to say it to him”

 

 

“Wae?”

 

 

“You're my son's happiness, and I don't want to destroy that. I know things will come where he'll need to know that truth, but I want you to tell it to him. Not me, I'm just his mom, he'll need me to comfort him not make him sad.”

 

 

“You really won't tell Jiyong?”

 

 

“Aigoo. Dara, I won't. I promise. You changed my son and I am happy the way he is. He became more alive. I thank you for that”

 

 

“Its okay auntie”

 

 

“Dara, can I ask you a favor?”

 

 

“Sure, auntie”

 

 

“Mr. Kwon and I will be gone for the next two weeks, and I want you to accompany Jiyong in our house”

 

 

“EH? But what about Mina unnie?”

 

 

“Mina and Jiyong, they're always fighting. So eager to rip each other's head. So, can you please take care of him? I know he's already old to take care of himself but I'm just worried that he'll only eat chinese take-outs. He always do that. Please? An exchange for me keeping your identity?”

 

 

Dara sighed “arasso, auntie. Just tell me when”

 

 

“We'll be leaving on Monday evening, so on Tuesday morning. I am hoping that you'll have your breakfast at our house” Mrs. Kwon said and told her the password of their house.

 

 

“I understand auntie. And I'll tell Bom unnie about it”

 

 

“Aigoo. Gomawo Dara!”

 

 

“I should go now auntie”

 

 

“Arasso”

 

 

 

Dara stood up and went to the basement. She started the engine and went back to their apartment. When she was about to enter their place, she heard a familiar voice. She can't be wrong. Its Christian's. She immediately opened the door and yes, she was right.

 

 

Christian!”

 

 

Oh my! Jessie! I miss you girl!”

 

 

I missed you too! What are you doing here?”

 

 

Hey. I'll leave you two first, so that you can catch up” Bom said and headed to the door

 

 

“Where are you going unnie?”
 

 

“Oh. To Tabi's”

 

 

“Arasso unnie”

 

 

“You two, enjoy!”

 

 

Then, Bom went outside and the two sat at the couch. Christian took the paper bag and gave it to her.

 

 

 

What's this?”

 

 

Your mom asked Dara to give it to you”

 

 

Mom did?”

 

 

Yup. Jessie, she missed you. Its gonna be Christmas soon, aren't you going back to Gardenia? Don't you think its time? You proved to your dad that you can live without his help”

 

 

Christian... its not about dad or anyone anymore... its all about Jiyong”

 

 

I knew it. I knew it. You're gonna change your decision because of that guy”

 

 

Christian, I thought... you wanted me to find my happiness... but why are you so against it?”

 

 

I'm not Jessie. I'm just worried once...”

 

 

Once what Christian? Once he knows my real identity? Once he knows he's dating a ing Princess? Christian, I don't know what he's reaction will be. But, I don't care. Even his mom doesn't care if his son is dating a princess or not. All she care is that Jiyong is happy with me. And I am happy with him”

 

 

But I'm worried for you!”

 

 

For me? Really? Christian, you don't know what you're saying”

 

 

No. Jessie, you don't know what you were saying. You've changed”

 

 

I did changed Christian. And isn't that the reason why I went here? And pretended to be someone I'm not? To change? To find my happiness? Christian, just go. Go back to Gardenia”

 

 

I won't”

 


“You won't? Then, I'll go. I'm going to Jiyong. Can you see him again? I bet you don't.”

 

 

Just stay. I'll go... I'll go back. I'm sorry Jessie. I didn't mean to hurt you”

 

 

Things happened. Just go...”

 

 

Call me when you need me”

 

 

I don't think that will happen...”

 

 

 

Then, Christian went out of the apartment, just like that, Dara or rather, Jessica lost her very best friend. Her best friend whom she sees as her twin brother, who understands her more than anyone else... Christian's right. She doesn't know herself anymore, ever since she came here in Korea as Sandara Park, everything changed. Like, she felt more alive. Its not true that Jiyong's changed, he's very much alive from the first time they've met. It was her who Jiyong helped to be more alive, to felt alive. Then, her phone rang and she took it from her bag and answered it.

 

 

 

Hello?”

 

 

Darong, where are you?”

 

 

Oh. GD-ah. I'm in my apartment, waeyo?”

 

 

Nothing. Can we spend the Christmas together?”

 

 

Its Christmas?”

 

 

Yup. You forgot?”

 

 

I must have forgot it. I'm too busy”

 

 

Aigoo. Want to unwind things?”

 

 

Jebal. I need it right now”

 

 

Wae? Is there something wrong?”

 

 

Ani. Too much stress lately”

 

 

Is it because of me?”

 

 

Of course not GD”

 

 

Glad to hear that. Then, want me to fetch you there?”

 

 

Sure. I'll wait for you.”

 

 

Then, someone rang the doorbell and Dara looked at small screen to see who it is. She saw Jiyong outside, beaming at her. She laughed at seeing the person who made a very big change on her.

 

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

 

“Fetching my girlfriend. Is she there?”

 

 

“Yes. She's here”

 

 

“Can I enter the house? Its -13 here. You want a dead boyfriend?”

 

 

“You're funny. The door's already opened, if you're busy flirting with me”

 

 

 

Then, Jiyong entered and gave her a long stemmed pink rose. Dara took it from him and went to her room. She took the small vase on her drawers, she put a water to it and placed the rose on it. Dara took the couple rings and used it as a pendant of her necklace, then she wore a scarf to hide it.

 

 

“Oppa. Let's go?”

 

 

Jiyong was shocked to hear from Dara calling him “oppa” “What?”

 

 

“I said, let's go”

 

 

“No. before that. Say it... again”

 

 

“Oppa. GD oppa”

 

 

Jiyong immediately showed his gummy smile and took Dara's hand. They rode Jiyong's car and they went to a very small restaurant and apparently, there's no guest, except the two of them. Jiyong led her towards the table in the center and he pulled the chair and let Dara seat, while he went to the piano and arranged the microphone.

 

 

 

“Did you remember the day you agreed to be my girlfriend?” Jiyong asked through the microphone, and Dara nodded “you also asked me how much I love you, do you still remember what I answered?”

 

 

“Of course. Every time I come close to you...” Dara paused and looked for an answer “Feel like I'm gonna dream every time”

 

 

“That's right. Now, let me tell you how much I love you. I wrote this song a week before I met Daragon, that's why when you came to my studio, I was already busy creating a special gift for a special girl. Baby girl, Darong. Please listen. This song is called “Butterfly””

 

 

 

Then, Jiyong started to play the song and sang to it. Dara cried, really cried hard. She just doesn't know what to react, this is the first time that someone dedicated a song just for her. Only for her to be heard. The song was finished but Dara's cry doesn't. Jiyong stifled a laugh at what he was seeing. The girl she loves, cries like a river on his song. Jiyong crouched in front of her and wiped her tears using his both thumbs.

 

 

“You forgot to remove your scarf. It will be wet with your tears later”

 

 

“Yah! Remove it please?” Dara looked upwards so that Jiyong will have a full access on the scarf. Jiyong obliged to removed the scarf, its in a simple knot, in a matter of seconds, the scarf was removed and he saw the rings on her necklace.

 

 

“Our couple rings” Dara told him “my gift for you” Dara removed her necklace and took out their couple rings and placed it on her palm. Jiyong took the thicker ring and noticed that there's a writing beneath the rings but he can't comprehend what they were.

 

 

“Darong, there's a message on our couple rings right?”

 

 

“Neh”

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

“Its “دائما والى الأبد" Its an Arabic phrase means always and forever”

 

 

Always and forever?”

 

 

Yup. Our love will be always and forever. Promise me Jiyong that no matter what happen between us, we'll always believe at each other and at our love”

 

 

I promise” Jiyong took out his pink and intertwined it Dara's pinky “the couple ring gift is too much”

 

 

Compared to your song. The rings are nothing”

 

 

Don't say that. I love these rings. Our couple ring. Since, I promised you one thing, promise me too that you'll always wear this couple ring and you'll call me oppa”

 

 

I promise. And the oppa thing. It goes without saying. I love you Kwon Jiyong. I love you”

 

 

I love you too Sandara Park. I love you”

 

 

Merry Christmas baby girl Darong”

 

 

Merry Christmas GD oppa”

 

 

///////////////////////////////

 

This is my longest update I think ? It took me 15 pages ! HAHAHA. Anyways, I just want to greet everyone a Merry Christmas !

 

Forever appler,

 

bunny1018