Yes.

Crown In-Disguise

 

After GD's confession, I went back to our house and saw Bommie unnie. I sat beside her and she offered me the corn she cooked.

 

“What's wrong? You don't look okay” she asked

“I'm good” I lied

“Liar. You're not. I heard from Chaerin. You okay?”

I nodded “yep. GD was there to help me and I gave him a good punched in the face”

“Wow. You're good! Teach me, okay? So that when some girl tried to flight with my baby. I'll just punch her. But that's not really the problem right?”

I nodded. How can she tell? “Jiyong confessed to me” she knew when I used his real name. It means business

“That he likes you?”

“He asked me to be his girlfriend”

“Omo. That's a news...”

“But there's a problem!”

“You love Jiyong and he loves you back. What's the problem there?”

“I'm scared”

“Scared of what my little princess?”

“I might hurt him”

“In what way?”

“Unnie. He told me about this Hyunseung incident”

“Oh. You knew...”

“He told me that he's scared that it might happen again. Just when someone's very close and dear to him, then they just leave him. I'm scared because there's a possibility I'll do that”

“Wae?”

“Unnie. I can't hide here in Korea forever! I am the Crown Princess of Gardenia. I have obligations”

“But what are you doing? You're hiding”

“I know. But I can't do that forever. There's a time when I need to go back where I really belong but”

“But what?”

“I told my parents that...”

“That?”

“I'll find my prince charming here”

“Oh Dara. There is no prince charming here. You cannot find prince charming here in Korea with that mindset of yours! Darling, I know you wanted to be happy here, and you are. But, this will put a hindrance to that. You'll end up hurting Jiyong and yourself. Which is you're scared to do. But look, if you want to find your own prince charming and now, he's asking for your hands. Accept all the possibilities. Don't run away. Take the risks. Make mistakes, we only have one life and now is not the time to play it safe. Think about it Dara”

 

I went back to my room and lie on my bed. I really don't know but Bom unnie has a point. I should make mistakes, take the risks and feel being young, being in love... I called Christian and I don't care the time differences.

 

Christian?”

Jessie? Do you have any idea that its only 2 in the morning here?”

I have a problem”

What is it? You sound anxious”

Love problem.”

Why? You like someone? Or someone likes you?”
“Both”

What do you mean?”

I like someone and this someone likes me back”

I don't see any problem with that”

Tian!”

Look, Jessie. You over-analyzed things. I know you're worried because sooner or later you have to go back here in Gardenia but hey, while you're there. Have fun. Isn't that the reason why you left? To have the freedom? Not to follow rules?”

Yeah...”

Then, have fun. Enjoy. Screw the rules. They are meant to be broken. Enjoy what the life gives you while it is still there. And never regret what you do. We are young. We're supposed to do that. Right now, you're not the Crown Princess. You're Dara. You're a normal people and humans tend to do that”

You think, I should agree?”

Uh-huh. I don't see why you should turn him down. You both love each other. Accept this guy. And, I must meet him”

Oh Christian! Thank you! Thank you!”

Anytime Jessie. I told you, I can always help you. I miss you Jessica”

I miss you too Christian and have a good sleep!”

I was having a good sleep! You too and don't over-analyze things! Have fun”

 

I hanged up and went to sleep. I can't sleep... I got up and went to my study table and looked at the pictures with Mom and Dad. I suddenly miss them, even though dad used to nag at me. I know he loves me and I miss mom the most... I reached for my phone and called my phone that I left in Gardenia. I know its with mom. She'll keep it incase I called her. The moment it rang, mom answered it.

 

Hello? Jessica, is this you? Mom misses you already”

I started to cry just by hearing her voice “Mom...”

Dear, why are you crying? Is there something wrong?”

No. I just miss you so much.”

Jessie, if you're having a problem. Talk to mom. I can help you”

Mom, I love you”

I love you too dear. I know your whereabouts but like what you've said. Your dad and I won't bother you unless, you come back. Now, will you please tell me what's wrong?”

Mom. I think I'm in love”

Jessie! That's a great news”

No mom, it isn't. He'll hate me once I leave him. Once I go back there”

Dear, never stop yourself from loving someone. It is, the greatest thing in the world. Okay?”

Okay... I'll give him my answer at the party later”

Oh! He asked you out?”

Yes mom. Is that okay with you?”

Of course Jessie! I hope that when you come back here. He's with you”

Mom. I should sleep now. I love you and I miss you so much”

I love you too. And take care”

 

I hanged up and fell asleep. When I woke up it was already 12NN and CL and Minzy were in our house. I took a glass of water and sat on the chair, not really sure what was going on. They were running from one room to another and suddenly, CL sat beside me and looked at me as if I was a killer.

 

"Yah. Is there something wrong?" I asked

"Nope. I was just thinking what you would wear tonight" CL answered

"Tonight? Why?"

"Don't you know?"

"Know what?"

"Oh gosh. Ask Jiyong"

"O...kay"

 

I went back to my room and looked at my phones. I noticed that Jiyong called me thrice on my iPhone while I got a BBM messages from Dara and Christian. I checked BBM first and replied to them.

 

"Jessie, the queen called me and she said you called her? Reply ASAP" -Christian

"Its true Tian. I called her after I called you. She knew or rather they knew I am here in Korea"

"What did she say?"

"She said they won't bother me here"

"Good"

"Why?"

"The queen told me specifically that no one should find out your whereabouts. She told me to delete anything that will lead to your place"

"What to do now?"

"I already told Dara not to lend her phone to anyone. Anyone! We can never tell, they maybe a spy"

"Good. Thanks Christian!"

"No problem. And have fun later! Dara told me that this Jiyong guy asked you out! And you! Never told me!"

"It wasn't a date! Well, sort of a date. But his sister; Dami unnie, is helding a party and every party she held has this kind of themes"

"Still it is a date. So, have fun! I need to go back to work"

"Okay. Have fun too"

 

--

 

"Jess. I heard from unnie that this guy named Jiyong asked you on a date! Chukahae!"-Dara

"Dara, its not a date. I'm sure unnie told you that it is a party and they're coming so, technically, its not a date"

Still Jess. Anyways, have fun!”

 

Why is everyone thinking it is a date, I picked up my other phone and called Jiyong.

 

Yoboseyo?”

GD-ah”

Oh! Darong! Finally! I was calling you earlier”

Mian. I was sleeping, wae?”
“Oh, uhm... Dami noona moved the party tonight”

EH? Waeyo? I don't have a dress!”

Um... Bom noona said she'll take care of that, so...”

So...?”

I'll see you at 8?”

Arasso”

Want me to fetch you or let Daragon drive you to the place?”

Hmm... maybe fetching me would be better and... I have something to tell you”

What is it?”

Laters!”

No fair”

I'll tell you later, kay?”

Fine”

 

I hung up and showered quickly. After that, I went out with pants and a white shirt. I saw Minzy cooking and I went to her.

 

“Is there anything that I could do?” I asked

“Oh! Unnie, its you. Yes, could you please put plates, glasses and utensils on the table?”
“Arasso!”

“Gomawo unnie!”

I picked 4 plates and put arranged them on the table “Minzy, aren't you nervous on the party later?”

“Aniyo. Wae?”

“Nothing”

“Unnie, you have to be use to Dami unnie. She always throws a party, but I assure you. That party would be the best party ever!”

“Okay...”

“Chill unnie. I'm sure Dami unnie's eager to see you” Minzy winked “CL unnie, Bom unnie~ Let's eat!”

 

Then, CL and Bom unnie went out of unnie's room and we started eating. Minzy's cooking is the best! She's perfect really in the kitchen.

 

“Dara-yah. After eating, CL and I will look on your closet to see if you have dresses that will fit to the party later” Bom unnie told me

“Arasso” I said

 

Then, after we ate, unnie and CL started to look at my closet for a dress. While Minzy and I were clearing the table.

 

“What's the theme of the party?”

“I think its LBD for the girls and for the guys, Prince Charming. It has a fairtytales aura” Minzy answered

“I just hope they find one”

“Wae?”

“I don't know if I brought a black dress with me”

 

A little while, the “fashion leaders” called us. They were already wearing their dresses. Bom unnie's outfit was lacy black fitted longsleeve dress that shows her collarbone and arms area which were unnie's y part, counted her legs, and black heels that has rhimestones on the heels.While CL, as unique as she is, wore a strapless dress that has a unique lower part because it has a little slit that shows CL's legs and black heels that has silver spiked on the back of it. Minzy and I wore our dresses and our heels. Minzy was wearing a longsleeve black dress, it was simple yet it shows how broad Minzy's shoulder was and it looked y on her. Together with the dress, she also wore a black heels that has a bow at the back. My outfit, thank God they found one! I wore a empire waisted baloon dress, it has a pink thick belt that has big jewel on it, I also wore a black wedge that has a chunky straps. We all look good! Then, they started doing our make-ups and around 7PM, Big Bang started collecting their girlfriends. The first one to leave was Minzy, then CL and Bom unnie. I was alone in a big apartment and dressed so beautifully. Its already 8PM and no sign of Jiyong yet, I've checked my iPhone already for like 5 times since the clock hit at 8PM. Then, someone rang our doorbell, I opened it and saw Jiyong holding a sharpei.

 

“Gaho, this is Dara, Dara meet Gaho” Jiyong said

“Gaho-yah, anneyeong” I said as I tried to touch him

“Dara, come on. We'll be late at the party”

“Because you are late”

“Sorry, I have to fetch Gaho on my apartment and we have to drive him back”

“Okay...”

 

Then, we drove to his apartment and dropped Gaho. I knew that was the perfect time, so I grabbed his left wrist and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

 

“Yes Jiyong” I said

“Huh?”

“My answer is yes. I agreed to be your girlfriend”

“Jeongmal? You're my girlfriend now?”

“Yes!”

 

Jiyong carried me and swung me across the room. Right now, I don't care wheter he'll be mad at me for lying, all I care is that both of us were happy because we have each other.