Revelations

Crown In-Disguise

 

 I was thinking about what to wear on Dami unnie's party. I really don't have those kind of dress, well, I had when I was in Gardenia and all of them were used for balls, not for parties. So, I really don't know what to wear... I haven't thought of that, I mean, I never thought that I would be invited here on a date party... I sighed really loud, good thing. We don't have costumers here, if we have. I would be dead by now because of CL's deadly stares! And good thing, CL's not here to investigate me. I know she can help me but she'll ask a lot of questions! Then, I head a ping on my phone.

 

Hey. Where are you?” - GD

I'm at work, wae?”

Is CL there?”

Nope. She's not here. She went out a little bit”

Have you eaten?”

Not yet. TT_TT I'm hungry, GD-yah”

Aww. If only I'm not busy then I would visit you there”

:((“

Uljima~ So, are you coming to noona's party?”

I told you I am. :) no worries”

Do you have a dress?”

Aniyo~ but then, I can ask Bommie unnie about that. She's the expert hihi.”

Arasso, a corsage will be delivered there”

Where?”

At your workplace. :)”

Arasso!”

 

Then, Wooyoung came with a food from Chinese take-outs. He smiled at me and I smiled back

 

“You must be hungry!”

“Neh! Very!”

“Let's eat first”

“Gomawo!”

“No problem. So, CL's not here?”

I nodded “uh-huh. She went to somewhere, I don't know where. She had this smitten face, so I think she went to Seungri”

“Oh. Something romantic~”

“I know. She told me she'll be quick and good thing, there are no costumers! I don't really know what to do if that happens”

 

We were laughing and talking when GD barged in with 2 paper bags.

 

“Oh. You're with someone” He said

“Yup. He's Wooyoung!” I said

“I know him Dara, he's a great friend” Wooyoung said

“Yo. G-Dragon”

“Sup? So, what brings you here?” he asked to Wooyoung

“Oh. I just brought foods for Dara” I raised the food

“Oh. Dara, my noona wanted you to have this.”

“What's this?” I asked

“Its a corsage. You know, if you're still planning to attend the party, since you might be busy” he said and gave me the smaller paper bag and he left

“Excuse me for a moment Wooyoung. If CL comes back, if she do. Tell her, I'm with GD”

“A-arasso”

 

I hurriedly went outside and looked around for him but he's nowhere to be found, even his car! I called him and he didn't answer, I still called him until he answered.

 

“Wae?” he half-shouted “I'm busy”
“Where are you?”

“Wae? You're with your boyfriend, aren't you? You should be busy!”

“I said where the hell are you?” this time I shouted

“Yah!” he shouted too

“Can you like, answer my question? Where are you?”

He didn't answer. Oh Kwon Jiyong, I hate it when someone didn't answer my question

“I said, where are you? Are you going to answer me or not? Kwon Jiyong!”

“I'm at the park nearby CL's shop”

I rubbed my temples to calm me down “Wait for me”

“Wae?”

“I said wait for me!”

 

I went back to the shop and took the paper bag with me. Good thing the park wasn't that far, I decided to run as fast as I could, though, I wasn't used to this. But still. When I was near to the park, I slowed down a little bit and catch my breath. I saw him at the bench. I walked to his place and threw the paper bag at him.

 

He looked up “what the? So, you really don't want to come! I knew it, you were forced to this. Aren't you? I forced you right?”

 

I looked him at him blankly, I stretched my left arm “place the corsage on my wrist” I muttered

“Mwoh?”

“Place the corsage on my wrist” I said, only little louder this time

“Wae?”

“Yah! Didn't you know that? If the girl agreed to be your date on the party, you should at least put the corsage at her wrist! Pabo!”

“Oh. So you mean, you still want to be my date?”

“Duh. Of course I do!”

“Okay. I'm asking you again, this time much serious”

He knelt infront of me “Park Sandara, do you accept to be my date on my Noona's party?”

“Yes. Yes I am”

 

He stood up and placed the corsage on my wrist. I smiled at him and he showed me a new smile. Shy smile I guess?

 

“What's that on the other bag” I asked as we sat on the bench

“Hmm. This? Uh... foods, for you” he said, looking away with me

“For me?”

He nodded “you said you were hungry and I thought... I thought I should buy you some”

I took the paper bag before he can snatched it. “Got it”

 

I looked to it and saw two cans of coffee, ramyeon and some lunchboxes and two bottles of water. I took it out of the paper bag and placed it in the table.

 

“Gomawo” I whispered at him “You did this?” I said while pointing at the lunchboxes

He nodded “Uh-huh”

“And I thought you were busy”

“Yes, I was. Before of course, I called you”

“Oh.”

 

Then, we started eating, I am famished, though I just ate with Wooyoung. I don't know why I was hungry!

 

“GD-yah. I was wondering about something”

“Hmm?”

“Why did you act like that in front of Wooyoung?”

“Like what?”

“Hmm... like... I don't know, a cold GD”

“Hmm... Wooyoung was a close friend of ours. Even before we met the girls”

“Was?”

“Yep. Before, we were seven. But our maknae; Hyunseung. He died because of car crash, for the five of us. He was very dearly, we all love him like our own real brother. I guess, for Wooyoung, we were just plain “friend””

“Why'd you say that?”

“Remember on our first meeting? I was distant and cold to you. Because, you know, you might go away when you become very close to us, to me. I hate it whenever I got close to someone and they just go away as if nothing happened. Hyunseung's case was different. He didn't leave us. He just went ahead of us. While Wooyoung, he left us hanging”

“What do you mean by hanging?”

“We all know, that he was the last person to see Hyunseung that night. Hyunseung was having a hard time with his girlfriend, and all five of us weren't here. We were in Japan. Only Wooyoung was here. I told Hyunseung that he should go to Wooyoung and have a sleep over. To think things. Then, when we came back, all I wanted to see was Hyunseung but what really shocked me was his burial... for whole day, I never saw Wooyoung. Then, when I saw him, I asked him what happened. He told me that, Hyunseung came to him and asked if he can stay for a night but he freaking turned him down. Because, his girlfriend was with him. I know, she'll understand. But he turned him down. We were really really mad at him and we never saw him until CL brought him in one of Bommie noona's party. I wanted to warn CL about him but I guess, I'll just taint their friendship and I do not want that”

“Do you want me to be friends with him or not?” I asked him

“It's up to you”

“Do you want me or not?”

“Waeyo?”

“You're my best friend. I don't want you to worry about me. So, do you want or not?”

He shook his head “ani.”

“Then, I won't”

“Eotteoke?”

“Hmm... let's just say, I have my ways to that” I grinned

 

Few days had passed, and I rarely talked to Wooyoung, I'm sure he noticed because he entered the shop one time.

 

“Hey” he said “Dara, can we talk?”

I nodded “sure. What is it?”

“I mean in private”

 

We went to the office and we sat at the couch.

 

“So what is it you wanted to talk about?”

“Are you avoiding?”

“If I am, what would you do?”

“So, you are avoiding me. Wae?”

“Wooyoung, I'm sure, you probably have an idea why”

“Because of Jiyong. I knew it”

“He's my best friend. I don't want to see him so mad about my friendship with you. Right now, he's the most important person to me”

“Dara, I like you. No, I love you”

I was flabbergasted! Gosh, how can he say it so casually?

“Wooyoung, how can you say that? I don't love you”

“Dara, I know we've only met but please, let me love you” now, he's nearing and I was cornered. I can't run anywhere else. “You can't run Dara, nor shout. If you shouted, you'll scare the costumers”

“Wooyoung... let's settle this outside” Okay. I am panicking, I don't know what to do. I can't scream nor run. He cornered me. GD-ah. Where are you? I need you. I shouted in my mind hoping he can feel it

“Why settled this outside? I mean, you love me. You're only in denial. You want me so badly. I can feel your body so tensed” he whispered on my left ear

“The heck are you saying Wooyoung? I don't love you and I am not in denial!”

“Oh Dara, don't be so hard on yourself. Give yourself to me easily huh. Let's not be hard on each other, we both want this”

 

I was about to slapped him when the door opened, and thank God! GD was there. He immediately grabbed me, a little harsh I guess, and pushed Wooyoung to the side.

 

“H-hey.” Wooyoung said

“Don't hey me” he muttered darkly “give herself to you easily huh? You both want this? Or you want this, Wooyoung? I won't let you do that one again. I won't easily give my special someone to you again without putting a goddamn fight”

“She loves me Jiyong. If only you didn't enter she would've given herself to me”

“Mwohrago?” This time, I didn't hold back. I punched him straight in his face “say it again or I'll crush your face”

“Wooyoung, get out” We all looked back and saw CL standing at the door

“CL...” We all said

“Wooyoung, you heard me right? Or do you want me to drag you out of my shop?”

 

Wooyoung went out immediately and CL rubbed her temples.

 

“Mianhe CL-roo”

“Ani. Unnie, I should have known this was coming”

“Eh?”

“It might be better if Jiyong oppa tells you. I'm closing the shop early. Oppa, tell her, will you?”

 

Jiyong nodded and he stretched his hand to me on which I gladly accepted. We walked hand-in-hand and went to the park. We sat at the bench, still holding each others hands. For 20 minutes, we stayed like that, not breaking the ice but in the end, I broke the silence.

 

“Is there something I should know?” I asked

“That wasn't the first time Wooyoung and I fought because a woman... It happened two years ago”

“Eh?”

“Her name's Han Gahee. Well, the guys knew I liked her, so I courted her. We were dating each other. Well, just like you. CL offered her to work at her shop and Wooyoung just opened her shop, with CL's help of course. Then, Wooyoung knew I was dating her. We were dating each other for like 4 months, I think and for a month, she was also, dating Wooyoung. I was annoyed but then, we weren't dating each other exclusively nor we were in a relationship. So, I accepted that with eyes closed. But one day, I had a chance to talk to Wooyoung. We met at the cafe, I asked him if he also loved her and he said yes. I said that one of us should give up and let go. Knowing him, he wouldn't give her up. Of course, even after what happened to Hyunseung. He's still my friend. I... I gave her up. Of course, it hurt me. I love her but I had to give her up or else, Wooyoung and I would fight for her attention and I don't want that... and now... it almost happened but this time, I won't give up. I'll fight”

“What do you mean?”

“Dara... please be my girlfriend...”

 

OKAY. I was shocked and flabbergasted. I mean, I don't know what to say. I love him but I don't want him to suffer the loneliness he felt when Hyunseung-ssi and Wooyoung left. I know, I have to leave. I can't stay here forever but, I want to feel to be love by someone. I want to feel the happiness that love brings...

 

“GD-ah... I don't know... give me some time”

“I know. I'm willing to wait for you.”