Better Tomorrow

Crown In-Disguise

 

Its been 3 months since I came here in Korea as Dara, it was tiring pretending but then, it was only my name that was changed, and I also wanted this freedom. This is the freedom I wanted, no guards to follow you, you can feel that there was no special treatment. You can see that you're like one of them, normal citizen. Not as a Princess... I went out of my bed and did some stretching, from now on onwards, I am, finally, a real driver! I'm going to get my driver's license. I already told Bommie unnie about this and she told me that we're going to have a celebration at Minzy's restaurant.

 

“Are you excited to get your license?” Unnie asked

“Neh unnie! Super excited!” I beamed at her

“I already booked Minzy's restaurant at 5PM, so be sure that you're there. I specifically told everyone about the party and told them that don't tell this to Jiyoung-ah. I wonder why...”

“Unnie... because I told GD that when I get my license, I'll go to his studio and surprise him”

“This is your first time visiting him right? Do you know where it is?”

I shook my head “Ani. But then, unnie, can you like... teach me where?”

“Arasso, arasso. I'll just accompany you then, I'm going to take a cab to go to my work”

“Jeongmal?”

“Neh~”

“Gomawo unnie!” I hugged her

“Gwenchana dongsaeng~ you should prepare now! You have a big day!”

“Neh!”

 

I went to my room and prepared, I wore white tank top and baby pink turtleneck cashmere, black pants and white jacket. I went outside and wore my black flats. I went outside and saw TOP oppa.

 

“Oppa!” I waved at him

“Oh! Dara-yah. Chukahae! Here's my gift”

“Oh! Gomawo!”

“Hop in!”

 

I hopped in and opened TOP oppa's gift. It was a purple beetle keychain! Just like Wanda! I placed it in my bag and we went to get my driving license. After I got my license, we went to some car retailer and bought a car. I decided to buy a silver Audi R8 Spyder. I immediately went outside and met Daragon! Omona! I placed Wanda keychain on the key and started it. Unnie hopped in on the passenger seat while TOP oppa followed us.

 

GD-yah. I'm going to your studio. Are you there?” I texted him

Neh. I'm in here, working”

Are you busy?”

Not really. Wae? Oh, there's a party at Mingkki's restaurant”

I have a surprise. And yes, I know about that. See you! I'll be there around 15-20 minutes”

Arasso. See you Darong-ah!”

 

I smiled at his last text, I didn't notice that unnie's been watching me.

 

“You're smiling, because?”

“Oh! Um... GD and I were just texting”

“Are you two in a relationship?”

“Aniyo! If we are, you'll be the first one to know unnie!”

“Good. If I found out you two are hiding something from me. I'll beat the crap out of you two”

“Unnie! I just... like him. That's it. I don't know if the feeling's mutual”

“Oh baby girl. You're beautiful. Every single guy in this world will totally fall for you”

“Unnie. I just don't want to think about that. Its too early”

 

I halted when I was in front of his studio. Unnie bid goodbye and I parked in the parking lot. I went to his studio and saw him working so eagerly. Good thing, we bought some foods on the way. I knocked softly and waited for him to let me enter, but then, I was waiting there for like 5 minutes, yet he doesn't even noticed me! Then, I entered and saw that he has his headphones. That's why... I placed the foods in the table and removed my jacket. I sat beside him and finally! He noticed me. He smiled and removed his headphones.

 

“How long have you been here?” he said

“Around... 10 minutes. I was like in front of your studio for like 5 minutes!”

“Mian. I was busy with the new song”

“But I thought you're not really busy. You told me”

“A company suddenly wants a new song for this upcoming girl group, that's why I was busy. What did you bring?”

“Food.”

“Woah! Thanks! I haven't eaten since I came here!”

 

He immediately opened the lid and ate. “I thought you have a surprise?”

“Yep.”

“So, what is it?”

“After you eat”

“Ani. I want to know it right now” He put down his food and looked at me

“Come”

 

I took his hand and dragged him towards the parking lot

 

“There's someone who's been eager to meet you” then, I showed him Daragon “Here she is! Daragon, meet GD, GD meet Daragon”

“You have a driving license?” he asked me

“Duh. Of course I have” I showed him my license

“Omo! Darong-ah. Chukahae! Is this the reason why there's a party at Minzy's restaurant?”

I nodded “Neh”

“Jeongmal chukahae” he hugged me

“Gomawo. But where's my gift?”

“I'll give it to you soon, okay? You should have told me, so that I prepared a gift for you!”

“I wanted to surprise you”

“I'm astonished Darong! Oh, you should go to your work. CL probably needs you”

“You're right. I should go now, bye! Will you go later?”

“I'm not really sure. I'm busy right now, I need to finish the song this month”

“Oh. I see”

 

I went to my car and dashed off not to work but to the park. CL told me that today's my off and apparently, I can do what I want. I thought he'd be glad and he'll go at the party later, but work's still much more important than this kind of silly party. Aish, why am I even crying? I wiped my tears away and noticed that someone offered me a handkerchief.

 

“Gomawo”

“I'm Jang Wooyoung, you probably don't I exists” He smiled

I remember this guy, I've seen him once, not maybe once... “Wait... do you work beside CL's work place?”

“Yep, I'm the owner. And you're working with CL for nearly 3 months. I've been watching you”

“You know CL?”

“Of course I know her, I'm in great debt of her. She helped established my own store, you know, I was in a tricky situation and she helped me”

“Ooh~ I see”

“So, what are you doing here? And why are you crying? Pretty lady like you should never shed a tear”

“Just because I own a pretty face doesn't mean I can't shed a tear. I'm also a human with a heart, Wooyoung-ssi”

“Surprised. But then, mianhe. Would you like to tell me why?”

“Oh, it was nothing big”

“Nothing big yet you were crying?”

“Hmm... I thought I was important to someone just like how important he is to me. But then, I was wrong...”

“You know what Dara-ssi, wait can we put down the formalities?”

I nodded “Arasso”

“There's one point in life that we have to accept that, just because someone's important to us, doesn't mean that we have to be important for their lives too. That's the irony in life.”

“I don't know if I'll have a better tomorrow”

“Why not? Everyone will have a better tomorrow, trust me. At some point, tomorrow will be better”

“I just hope so”

 

Then, a little later, Wooyoung's phone rang “excuse me” he said and went to the fountain. I don't know how will I face the better tomorrow, how will I face the great Kwon Jiyong? Aish, seriously. Otteoke? Wooyoung came back and he stretched out his phone to me. I raised my eyebrow at him

 

“CL wants to talk to you”

“Oh”

I took his phone “Hello?”

“Don't hello to me Dara unnie. Where in the world are you?”

“I'm in the park”

“With Wooyoung oppa?”

“Neh. I mean, no. He just saw me here and accompany me. That's why”

“Where's your phone? We're trying to reach you but no one's answering your damn phone!”

“Oh, it's in my car. Wae?”

“WAE? You're seriously asking why?”

“Uh-huh”

“Oh unnie. Didn't you remember?”

“Remember what?”

“Aish! Just go here in Minzy's restaurant! In this instant and bring Wooyoung oppa too”

“Arasso”

 

I handed his phone to him and I stood up “You coming?”

“Where?”

“Minzy's restaurant. CL wants you to come”

“Oh. Tell CL, I can't. I have a prior meeting today and I can't turn that down. But say thanks”

“Arasso. And Wooyoung, nice meeting you. Let's see each other tomorrow, I guess?”

“Sure!”

 

I went to Daragon and dashed off, then it hit me. OH YEAH! Today's the day I got my license! Hihi~ I forgot. I quickly scanned the place where I can park Daragon and found one! Thank God it was nearby the restaurant! I walk real fast and as soon as I entered, I heard some loud popping sound that shocked me and it was the confetti.

 

“Chukahaeyo Dara!” They all shouted

“Aww. Thank you guys! I mean, thank you for throwing me a party”

“Doesn't matter, we all love parties” Bom unnie said and hugged me

 

I cut my cake and the party started! Sigh... he's still not here. Well, I should enjoy, this is my party after all! I asked Seungri to take a picture of me holding my license, I wanted to show it to Christian and Dara. After Seungri took a photo of me, I sent a message to them.

 

Got my driver's license! Well, Dara's license. Hihi~”

Wow! Congrats Jessie! Wished you were here to celebrate, did unnie throw a party?” -Dara

WOW! Congrats Jessie! Finally you're a real driver! Drive me once when I come there!” -Christian

Dara, thanks! And yes, they did throw a party for me. Nice of them. :)”

Tian! When will you come here?”

Oh Jessie, not sure. I still have a case to win. Might visit you with Dara”

Goodluck! And I really hope you'll visit me here. I miss you guys!”

 

I put my blackberry on my bag and engaged in a conversation with Taeyang.

 

“Hey Taeyang~ thanks for your gift. Really appreciate it”

“No problem Dara! You know why Ji's not here?”

I shook my head “Nope. Maybe he's busy with his work?”

“I called him earlier, he told me he's coming. But he might be late and it's now 8PM. Later, we'll go home”

“But when I visited him, he told me, he might not come”

“That's odd... oh! I should go now, I still have a meeting tomorrow”

“Okay! Bye!”

“Congrats D-ah!”

“Gomawo!”

 

After Taeyang left, every one started to leave one by one, while I waited for him to come, until Bom unnie said we should go now. I was about to bid a goodbye to Minzy and Daesung, when I felt my other phone vibrated. I took it out and GD's calling me!

 

Yeoboseyo?”

Darong-ah. Can I ask you a favor?”

Sure, what it is?”

Can you go here in Han river?”

Wae?”

I wanted to show you something”

Arasso. I'll go there after I bid goodbye to everybody”

Okay. I'll be waiting!”

 

Hmm... I wonder what he's up to... I bid goodbye to Minzy and Daesung and told Bom unnie that I'll just go to Han river. I went to Daragon and went to Han river. As soon as I parked Daragon, I went out and called him. I can't see him, he didn't leave right?

 

Where are you?”

I'm in the Han river. I saw you already”

Where are you GD-yah? I kinda scared, you can see me but I can't see you”

Just continue walking, okay?”

 

Then, from behind, someone hugged me real tight and covered my mouth! Oh no! GD where are you?? then, this stranger faced me in front of him and he removed his masked. It was GD!

 

“Omo! GD-yah! You scared me there! I thought...” then I burst into tears. It wasn't the first time I was kidnapped, the trauma...

“Yah, Darong-ah. Mianhe. Chincha. Mianhe.” I kept weeping and suddenly he hugged me.

 

We stayed on that position for about 20 minutes, I was crying and he was there, hugging me. Though, I don't want to break our hug but I have to.

 

“Gwenchana?”

I nodded “Yeah. And please, don't do that again”

“Arasso, I won't ask you why. If you want to tell me, I'm willing to listen” he held my hand

“I was kidnapped twice, thrice if you count what you did today” I laughed

“Care to tell me when?”

“I was 4 years old, when my first kidnapping incident happened, I was in mall with my nanny, when she went to the bathroom, of course with me. But then, I got bored and went outside, suddenly, someone offered a candies, bag of candies to me. As a kid, of course I got tempted. I took the candies and followed him, it was only until then, I realized, I was in a car and he was talking in some language I can't understand, then I fell asleep because of the long drive. When I woke up, I was in an empty room and it was so dark. I was there for 2 days, I think? Before I was rescued. Then, the second incident. I was 11 years old, this time. My very own bodyguard was the one who planned all of the incident. We were about to go home, of course, I was tired, thinking I was safe because I have my bodyguard with me. I fell asleep, when I woke up. I was tied in a chair and no one was around me. I can hear faint talks but can't really understand it. Good thing, I was able to rescue much faster than before. After that, I hated going alone, I have my friend with me. I was traumatized. Being kidnapped twice is scary”

“I really am sorry Darong”

“Its okay. Just don't do that again and...”

“And?”

“Stay by my side, jebal?”

He nodded “Neh. I will. Oh! Before I forgot. My gift”

“Omo! GD-yah. Its so cute! Is this what Gaho looks like?”

“Neh. You told me you're scared of him and I think, with these, you might want to meet him”

“I want to, but not right now”

“Arasso”

“Gomawo”

“No problem. And Dara, another favor”

“Hmm?” I asked as I put the Gaho keychain on my car key together with Wanda

“Can you be like my... date?”

“Mwoh?” Wait, did I heard it wrong? Is he like asking me on a date?

“My sister's having this weird party... and it's a dating party. You know, its kinda hard to explain. Everyone will be there for sure. And as we all know... um... we're the only one who are single... I'm sure, Taeyang will be with JiEun”

“Who's JiEun?”

“Oh. IU. Taeyang's girlfriend. So, um... do you accept my invitation?”

“Yes, yes I am accepting to be your date”

“Oh Thank heavens! You agreed!”

 

He hugged me and swung me in circles. This is what my better tomorrow looked like...