A new start

Crown In-Disguise

 

Note:

 

Bold letters are spoken in English

==============

 

After for almost 4 hours of flight. I landed on Incheon Airport, my flight was under “Jeju Air” though, I boarded on Dara's private jet. Don't know how Dara did that but I'm thankful. After I got my things, I went on the waiting area and looked for a signage that has “박산다라”. There! I saw it! I went near to the sign and noticed that a cute lady with full blonde bangs was holding it.

 

“Are you Park Bom-ssi?” I asked. Of course in Korean, I learned speaking the other languages when I was 7.

Oh! You speak in Korean!” Bom said

“Neh. I learned them when I was 10”

“I'm Park Bom. Unnie of Dara. Let's stop with the formality, okay?”

“Neh. Bom unnie”

“So... what should I call you?”

“Dara would be better, so that I can get used to it”

“Sure! Oh yeah, tomorrow, we'll meet my friends. They don't know Dara, except my boyfriend Tabi. He's driving us to our apartment”

“Neh, unnie”

“Unnie? You're a dongsaeng?”

“Neh, I'm 24. Same age as Dara. You Bom unnie?”

“I'm already 27. Oh gosh”

 

We stopped chatting for a moment when we reached her car.

 

“This is Seunghyun. Yeobo, this is Jessica but please, call her Dara”

“I know your situation and we're willing to help. And, please call me TOP”

“Kamsamnida TOP oppa”

 

We went to the apartment of Bom unnie and it's pretty big compared to what I imagined. It has 2 big rooms with each bathroom, a large living room to accommodate a large crowd and a bathroom. It also has a kitchen and inside the kitchen is the dining room, so its a pretty big kitchen.

 

“I know my apartment is pretty small compared to your room, but this is the biggest room here!” Bom unnie said

“Its okay unnie. For once, I can easily find my way to the kitchen and everything” I assured her

“Good thing. Oh! Tabi and I are going out , we're doing some grocery. Would you like to buy something?”

“Ani. I'm okay”

“If you say so. I'll be back later!”

 

They went out and I went to my room and arranged my things. Boy, I brought a lot! I placed my clothes on the cabinets and hung some of them. I put my hygiene stuffs in the bathroom and I placed some bed covers on my pillow and bed and placed a comforter. I went to the bathroom and showered for 15 minutes. I wore a pyjama and a white shirt. When I went out of my room, Bom unnie just came from grocery. I helped her bring some to the kitchen. Oh my, she bought a lot...

 

“I bought a lot, right?” She said and we laughed together

“Neh, unnie. You bought a lot.”

“It doesn't matter. Later, everyone will be here. So, we'll finish them. And oh, later we'll buy you a sim card. I'm sure you have a phone”

“Uhm... unnie. I left my phone in the palace. You know? So that they won't be able to track me. Unnie, can I use your phone? I need to call Dara and Christian”

“Oh sure! Its in my bag and later, we're going to buy you a phone”

“Thanks!”

 

I called Dara and after 2 rings, she answered

 

Hello?”

Dara, it's Jessie”

Oh! Jessie, you're with Bom?”

Yep. She's nice~”

Of course she's nice but she's a bully. Just like you!”

I am not!”

Fine~ So, how are you? Christian's back in his house. Call him when you got your phone”
“I'm fine. Pretty much adjusting to everything”

Glad to hear that. I'm sure, tomorrow, when your parents came. They'll be shock!”

I just hope mom and dad won't fuss about this... I mean, I left them a note! They can't blame Christian. He's untouchable!”

I know! He knows everything about your parents! What a great best friend you have!”

I know right? The untouchable one!”

True. You should get some rest. I mean, we should get some rest. I still have work later and its only 5AM there”

Bye Dara~”

 

I hung up and gave the phone to unnie and sat beside her.

 

“Unnie, do you think what I did is right? If you were my parent or real sister maybe”

“If I was your mom or sister, I would think what you did was entirely wrong, but then, I know that you're doing this not because you want to but because you have to... why did you even ran away”

“It was beyond my control. You know, as the crown princess... I have to marry the crown prince my dad chose for me. I can't marry some stranger, I hate being a crown princess, because I'm not...”

“What do you mean?”

“I had an older sister. She's Mary Anne. She was the crown princess, while me? I am just a princess, second in-line. But I have much freedom than her. Then, one night, when I walked into her room, she was lying on the floor, not breathing... no one knows why she over-dosed herself. Then, I saw her diary. She said, she's having a hard time pleasing what my dad wants. When she's still alive, everyday, she would meet a crown prince, hoping to marry her... that's why when she died. All her responsibilities was thrown on me. And, I wasn't even asked if I want it or not. My dad's the most selfish dad ever...”

“Don't say that. He just wants what's the best for you.”

“Maybe, but his ways... are so... wrong”

 

It was already 8AM when we finished our conversation. I learned that TOP oppa and Bom unnie have been dating for 3 years already! Wow... and I think, they're getting stronger everyday.

 

“Dara-yah”

“Neh unnie?”

“Let's go shopping today. We should buy you a phone”

“Arasso. I'll just change”

“Okay. Grab a thick jacket, neh?”

“Neh~”

 

I wore a pants and black turtle neck longsleeve and grabbed my thick jacket and put a red scarf on my neck. I went outside and rode on Bom unnie's car.

 

“You ready?”

“Neh~”

 

We went to Gangnam and went to the mobile phones. Woah! Lots of phones! It is so hard to choose! I want each of everything!! But then, I remembered, Dara and Christian are using Blackberry while I was using Iphone. And its hard contacting both of them. So, I chose blackberry and Samsung Galaxy 3 and bought two sim cards that can be use in and out of Korea. We ate at her friend's restaurant.

 

“Mingkki-yaaaah~~” Bom unnie shouted

“Oh! Unnie!”

“Minzy, I want you to meet my dongsaeng. Sandara. But call her Dara”

“Finally~ Anneyeonghaseyo, Minji-imnida” she bowed to me

“Anneyeonghaseyo, Dara-imnida” I did the same to her “I'm 24 years old. You?”

“Me? I'm 22. So, you're also my unnie!”

“Neh~”

“Mingkki. I want the usual”

“Arasso. Dara unnie?”

“Hmm... I want ramyeon”

“Okii~ Coming up!”

 

After we ate on Minzy's restaurant, Bom unnie dropped me in her apartment while she fetched her friend on her work. I went up and put the passcode which was Dara's birthday. I removed my shoes and went to my room immediately. I removed my jacket and scarf and slept. I didn't know how long I slept, but when I woke up, I immediately checked my phone, it was already 4 in the afternoon! Christian should be out of his work by now. I want to know what's happening in Gardenia. I grabbed my bag and looked for my notepad. I immediately dialed Christian's number, I tried calling him twice but he didn't answer.

 

Final attempt” I said

 

I called him and he answered, it was clear that he was irritated.

 

Hey. What took you so long to answer?”

Who's this?”

Its me! Jessica!”

Oh! How are you?”

I'm good. Wait, I'll just go to your study room.”

Okay. Are you in the palace?”

Duh. Okay, so... everyone knows you're missing”

Everyone in Gardenia or everyone in the palace?”

Everyone in Gardenia; speculations. In the palace? Confirmed. The king's furious”

What about mom? I know dad will be like that. He always does”

Your mom... well, she's shocked. She's not speaking. She kept crying”

Oh my. Mom... have they read my note?”

Yep. They read it. Actually, it was your mom who found that you were missing”

How?”

She entered your room around... 5 in the morning? I think, and everyone's in disaster after. She found your note, then she went to the Lady Royal's roomand presented it. She was shocked, I guess? But then, the Queen's mad at everyone! Especially to your dad.”

Why?”

Want me to read your note? Wait, its with me”

 

Dear mom and dad,

By the time you read this, I'm probably outside of Gardenia. Mom, dad. I didn't run away. I just want to unwind things. Trying to know what I really want, what the life I want. After, Mary Anne died, dad shoved me on her responsibilities. I mean, that's the rule but then, haven't you noticed that I don't even liked it? I mean, its my responsibilities but I hated it. I don't want it. I want my freedom back. I didn't know what I want anymore and now, dad's sending me off to the marriage with someone I don't even know! I want to marry someone not because dad chose him for me but I chose him for myself. You raised me to be a wise daughter, that's why I'm doing this because for me, this is a wise decision. Mom, you always told me to follow my heart and this is what I want. I don't want dad to take away my freedom. I'm fighting for my freedom... I hope you understand. And, please, please. Don't search for me. I want to do this on my own. I'm trying to establish my own identity not as the crown princess. I'm okay. I'll be fine. Trust me. For this one time, trust my own decisions. I love you. - Jessica”

 

You heard?”

Yeah... I guess, I blamed everything to dad...”

You did”

So... what's the decision now? Did they ask you?”

They did ask me, but of course I denied and after that, they never asked me. I said, I'll try to help them but no way I'll do that. I just said that to calm the queen”

Thanks.

Oh, the marriage's off..

Great. Who decided?”

Your mom. She wanted to grant your wish.”

She wants me to find my own husband?”

Yes. Though, at first, your dad opposed to it but then, your mom started blaming him again and eventually, he agreed. He canceled your marriage with the prince of somewhere.”

So... what did they tell everyone?”

They decided to lie. They told everyone that your marriage was off due to your studies. You went to another country to study”

Study? What an excuse”

But everyone seemed to believe it. Though, the others speculated that you are missing”

I wish I could talk to mom but right now? It's too early to tell her my whereabouts.
“Agreed. Soon, you have to talk to her. Or else, she'll be crazy”

Yeah. I should go now. Dara's older sister throwing me a welcome party”

Okay! Bye and have fun”

Take good care of mom. For me”

I will”

 

I hung up and looked at my mom's picture. How I missed her already... I stood up and went to the bathroom and had a quick shower. I realized, I think... I made a wise decision after all.