Pancake

"A Twist Of Fate"

                         

                Dara looked around inside the pancake house where Yukwon brought her.

                "What are we going to do here, Yukwon?" she conciously asked.

                "Eat. I know how much you love pancakes until now."

                Back to their childhood days, Dara really love eating pancakes. She can live her whole life with just pancakes in her stomach. She can also still remember  that Yukwon used to cook it for her.

                She was happy when she knew that he never forgotten her favorite food. He still remember me.

                "I can still remember when I used to cook pancakes for you before." Yukwon said.

                Dara looked at him. When there eyes met, he saw a sudden emotion in his eyes. Was it sadness? Longing? Pain? Guilt?

                "Even if I'm not that good in cooking, you still want me to cook them for you."

                "I miss it." she softly said.

                "I miss it too." Then Yukwon touched her hands. The tenderness she saw in his eyes seemed so real. It was as if he had missed her for real. The sensation was so overwhelming.

                In just a few minutes, their order was served at their table. Yukwon ordered a simple clubhouse pancake for him, but he ordered Dara five toppings of pancake. He know how much Dara love eating pancakes. He poured so many chocolate syrup at Dara's pancake, that it flooded the plate. Dara smiled and roamed her eyes inside the pancake house. She saw how sweet couples enjoy sharing the same pancake. Is this how they look together?

                "Shall we?"

                Dara sweetly smiled. "Let's eat."

                Dara really enjoyed eating her pancakes when she noticed an excess mayonnaise on Yukwon's lips. "Hey, Kwonnie, you have an excess mayonnaise here" she said and pointed to the side of his lips. She laughed when Yukwon was trying to the mayonnaise on his lips but he can't remove it. "Let me do it for you." she picked a tissue and wiped his lips. When her finger touches his soft lips. She could easily lean in and steal a kiss from him but she held herself in check. She can't do it, she's a girl. She wants to be respected. "You're face is now clean, let's eat" her cheeks turned red.

 

                "WHY ARE you still single, Yukwon?" Dara asked him. They were inside the university's locker room. Almost two weeks had passed, when they started to pick the topics for their articles.

                Everytime she tries to talk to Taeil, Yukwon will come and tell her that he has time for her interview.

                "I'm waiting for the right time..."

                "What's that?" she conciously asked.

                Yukwon quickly placed his arms over her shoulders. The sudden jolt of electricity made her flinch and at the same time, it gave her a different kind of sensation. She doesn't give a word. She just let his body touches hers. Dara felt his hands on the side of her head and put it in his shoulder.

                "I've missed you, Dara. I've really missed you. I'm not saying this to fool you, to get the recording, or to make you shut up. I'm saying this because  this is what I really feel. You can publish what you heard, I won't mind. Just believe me when I tell you that I've missed you so much," he whisper.

                Dara's mind was telling her not to believe him. But her heart believes Yukwon. She close her eyes and burries her face into his chest. "I missed you, too. Yukwon"

                Both of them got surprised. When they look at the door, they saw B-Bomb, Jaehyo, Zico, Taeil, P.O and Kyung. All of them was wearing a sarcastic smile on their lips while starring at them.

                Dara releases herself from his arms.

                "Ehem. Is that how a new generation interview goes? Super cozy?" Jaehyo grins.

                "Sweet! an army pink ants are coming!" Zico teased.

                Yukwon stands up and nods then helped Dara to stand too. He came close to his friends. Dara was left behind, she noticed that something fell on Yukwon's notebook. Dara picked it up. It was a stolen picture of hers 3 years ago. Dara's heart was now filled again with HOPE.

                "Zico, back off."

                When Dara heard Yukwon's voice, she looked at him. She kept the picture in her pocket.

                "Dara, Let's go."

                Even before she came close to his direction, Yukwon gently grabbed her arms and led her out of the locker room.