Interview

"A Twist Of Fate"

Yukwon and Dara were at the rooftop of their University. She didn't know why but she felt a sudden feeling of contentment being with Yukwon right now. Suddenly, she missed those times they shared together. Those times when everything had not yet become so complicated because of love.
    " I want you to give me the recording, Dara" Yukwon said.
    Dara turn his head onto Yukwon's direction. " No " a simple answer from Dara's mouth. Yukwon sighed " I don't want you to be involve here, Dara"
    Someone touches her heart when he heard those words coming from Yukwon. Yukwon was just in a drama mode that time. Dara thought. He just want her to believe that he was concern for her even if it is not.
    In almost five years, he doesn't even spare time to talk to her. They treated each others like strangers. She knows that he just want something from her.
    But why does she feel some ache in her heart when she all know is that, Yukwon just want something from her, and unfortunately, it's for the tape recorder.
    " Honestly speaking, Kwonnie. I will really not write everything I've heard for my article. I don't know but I believe there's a reason behind what you're planning to do. Call it instinct but I believe that you have reasonable reasons"
    She don't know if what she saw in Yukwon's face was shock or something else she don't know what is. But suddenly he drew a smile on his lips. The same smile he used to gave her before. Now, she realize how she misses him so much.
    " I missed you, Dara"  Yukwon said to her. Then quickly hugged her. Dara breathed in his scent. She missed being wrapped in his arms. But that's not right. Five years is long enough to bring their friendship back.
    But why is it, there's a part in her heart that's still hoping for Yukwon?
    She pushed Yukwon away from her, to cause them apart. " You don't need to lie, Kwonnie. Promise, I won't tell anyone what I've heard."
    He inhaled hardly, closed his eyes, opened it again after a few seconds and look at her straightly, " I want our friendship back, Dara"
    Dara smiled bitterly " It's too late, Yukwon. Five years had passed, it's so hard to patch-up those days that is gone. It is better if we still continue to treat each other as strangers" she said and turn her back to Yukwon.
    " I want you back in my life, Dara" Yukwon shouted. But Dara walked away from him.


    "Taeil! Can I have an interview with you?" Dara said to Taeil when he saw him exited at the university's studio. She really waited for Taeil's practice to end. Her first plan is to talk to him, because she thought that Taeil is an approachable type of person. She looked at Taeil's back and saw that no one is with him. Maybe Yukwon is still inside sthe studio--but wait! Why is she thinking about Yukwon?
    She didn't have a good sleep last night because of what had happened between Yukwon and her. She really wanted to believe what he said but she is afraid to hope and to be hurt again.
    If she will give him a chance, she will just give him another chance to hurt her again.
    Taeil stopped from walking and looked at her. "Sure, why not" he grabbed her books that causes her to be surprised. "Let's talk at the open court. We can talk there more clearly." Taeil said.
    They sitted at one of the benches located at the corner side of the court. In there, she can see the players practicing.
    She suddenly notice a certain figure of a person at the court. She starred at Yukwon. His attention was at his small notebook. He is wearing the group's personal t-shirt with a BlockB printed on it.
    "Ask away, Dara. Before Yukwon melted because of your stares."
    She was surprised of what Taeil said, together with her blushing cheeks.  She forgot that she is with him. "I'm not melting him with my stares." Dara lied.
    "Hmm,Okay" Taeil said and gave her a meaningful smile.
    "I'm not melting him with my stares, promise" she insisted and raised her right hand.
    Taeil laughed . "Okay,whatever you say"
    Dara took out her tape recorder  and her red notebook. Taeil also took out something from his backpack--a transparent bottle with a greenish liquid in it.
    "What's that?" she asked.
    "Energy drink."
    "Is that safe?"
    "Yukwon made this."
    Her eyes spark and she smiled. "Yeah, I remember how he is so fond of doing those kind of drink. Delicious and healthy, just ignore the color." She already knew about that,  Yukwon loves mixing fruits and vegetables then he will make a juice.
    "So, I'm right."
    "Huh?"
    "You already knew each other back then."
    What kind of fool she is? she won't let Taeil know about them.
    "Well, based on how Yukwon act when I will talk to you, it is really obvious that both of you know each other."
    She looked at Taeil. "what kind of act?"
    "Hmm."
    But instead of waiting for Taeil to answer, she proceeded to her first question. "Game. First question---"
    "Taeil! Jaehyo is calling you!"
    She put her hand in her chest when she heard the voice coming from her back. She don'd know why her heart suddenly beats faster. Is it because she was surprised? or is it because she knew that that voice belongs to Yukwon.
    "Oh men! I'm so sorry, Dara. Maybe we can continue this interview next time," Taeil said to her.
    Dara just smiled at him. "It's okay. I will just have an interview with--Yukwon."
    "Yeah that's right, so go away Taeil" Yukwon teased. He quickly occupied Taeil's seat. "So, where are your questions, Dara?"
    Dara puts her attention at her small notebook. She already memorized the questions for the interview but she suddenly forget everything now that Yukwon is in front. "Have you ever been in love before?" she red the question.
    "The tape recorder is not yet on, Dara". Her cheeks heated and looked at the tape recorder. Yukwon was right, the tape recorder is not yet on.
    "So--"
    "Can you please look at me?"
    Dara sighed. She can do this. When she lifted her face, their eyes met. She feels like her world stop from spinning.
    "So why are you--"
    "How are you, Dara?" It's been five years."
    "Excuse me, Mr. Kim Yukwon. As far as I know, I am the interviewer here and not you."
    Yukwon smiled of what Dara said. "Mianhae. Go, what was your first question again?"
    "Have you ever been in love before?"
    Yukwon don't answer. He's really thinking twice of what to say. Dara's heart beats so fast while waiting for Yukwon to answer her question. She don't know why she became concerned of what he will say.
    "Yes," Yukwon answered while looking straightly at her eyes.
    She was surprised of his answer. He already loved someone? Who is she? Is she also studying at the same university? She really want to ask Yukwon for the name of that girl he is referring to.
    "Go with me first, Dara"
    She was so lucky, her eyes didn't begin to cry. "Where?" she asked Yukwon.
    "I will buy something at the mall. You can ask me your questions there."
    She wanted to refuse. But she just found hersel saying 'yes' to him.