Chapter 1

BitterSweet Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Present day:

Yunho stood at the edge of the room, slightly hidden from the view of the artists that occupied it. He carefully observed them and could tell that they were as anxious as him at this sudden meeting. His eyes swept over the people until they finally met hers. She looked nervous and it reflected in the smile she shot him. Yunho smiled back in an effort to assure her. She started moving towards him without breaking their eye contact.

“How are you feeling?” Yunho asked when she finally reached his side.

Boa frowned. “I have a bad feeling about this meeting.”

“Why?”

“It’s too sudden; not something management usually does.”

Yunho nodded. “Yeah…I tried talking to my manager but he didn’t say a word.”

“Mine had the same reaction too.” She stepped a little closer to him, “Yunho, I am scared.”

“Don’t be…I am sure it’s nothing.” Yunho lightly caressed her arm and discreetly placed a kiss on her forehead. He and Boa had been dating for almost a year now but apart from a few close friends, nobody knew about them and Yunho intended to keep it that way.

Boa was surprised at the sudden kiss but nevertheless accepted it. She blushed and shot one last glance at Yunho before leaving him. Yunho traced her retreat back into the room but his mind was already back to pondering on the subject of this gathering.

“Somehow the look on your face doesn’t match the direction of your gaze hyung!” Changmin stated as he went to stand next to Yunho.

Yunho glanced at him before returning his eyes back to the room. “Why aren’t you with your treasured Super Junior mates?”

“I got bored.”

Yunho chuckled. “Don’t let Kyuhyun hear that.”

“You think I fear him?”

“Let’s just say…if you two ever fought; I may have to consider the possibility of going solo.”

“Yah—“

Changmin’s reply was cut-off by the sudden announcement that stated that everyone should take their places since the meeting was about to start. Yunho and Changmin moved to occupy their seats. Yunho was sitting with Changmin on one side and Donghae on the other. He stared as he saw Lee Soo Man walking to the podium at the centre of the room. He gazed at the gathered artists and cleared his throat before speaking.

“I hope everyone’s here. I have a special announcement to make. As you all know, I have dedicated my whole life to this company and the promotion of Kpop in the world. This company is more than a business to me; it’s my family...” Soo Man looked down and he shrugged before continuing, “…but I am growing old now and soon I will not be capable to continue as I have. My son is not interested in this company and I have finally accepted his choice. Hence, now the time comes when I must pass on this company. These past weeks I was propositioned with a purchasing bid by a competent and a brilliant business man and I have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter