Chapter 5.3

BitterSweet Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What the do you mean you can’t contact her? I don’t know what you do but find her in the next hour or you can kiss your job goodbye.” Youn-Je yelled into the phone. This morning had been his worst. Usually papers like Dispatch contacted the company and made a deal to not print news like these but it seems like for once they had opted to do the opposite. Now, he was left with a scandal and a discriminating video in his hands. And the worst thing was that the star of this drama was missing. Boa’s manager couldn’t contact her. Her last known location was DBSK dorms but no one knew where she went after that. He needed her present to know the truth himself and then issue a statement. The more they waited, the worse it would get…she needed to make an appearance soon if she had any care for her career.



Boa was screwed. Her morning was nothing compared to the nightmare she was living in right now. As ordered by JaeJoong, she had shown up at this hotel to talk things through. That was her first mistake…to think that she was here for a discussion. Oh how wrong she had been…
 
“Let’s cut through this chase…tell me once and for all what do you want with me.” Boa demanded. 

JaeJoong laughed. He was lounging on a couch with a bottle of champagne and two flutes on the table in front of him. 
“..well this certainly brings back pleasant memories.”

“Only for you Jae…it was an ordeal for me in the past and nothing has changed now.”

“Ouch! Now that hurt.”

“I really don’t give a . Why the did you ing call me here?”

“Someone seems to be getting abusive…” JaeJoong smirked, “Fine then. Let’s get to business. In very simple words, I can make the scandal go away but for that you have to pay a price.”

“How will you do that?”

“That’s my problem. You just need to tell me if you are willing to pay the price.”

“What is it?”

“First I want an answer. Yes or No.”

“Yes” Boa said thinking that nothing could be worse than that scandal.

“In lieu of making this scandal disappear, I just want you to destroy your career.”

That made no sense. “What?”

“You heard me.”

“And why the hell would I do that?” Boa all but yelled at him.

“Maybe to keep yourself out of jail.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You see sweetheart…what we did all those years ago is called blackmailing and extortion. If the police investigate and find just how you used that video, let’s just say the only shows you’ll be holding after that will be for the warden.”

Boa gasped, “You can’t prove anything.”

JaeJoong shook his head while a cruel smile played on his lips. “All these years and you still never understood me.” He paused and took out a memory card from his jacket pocket. He handed it to her and continued, “This little card contains video recordings of the first three meetings you had with Mr. Lee. If you remember, you were quite the blackmailer. Not only did you seduce a married man and father but also threatened to falsely accuse him in a ual harassment case if your demands weren’t met. If that isn’t evidence I don’t know what it is.”

Boa looked like someone had taken every last ounce of blood from her body. Her voice was barely a whisper as she said, “You recorded me?”

“Of course…though I have to say I wouldn’t have used them unless absolutely necessary…like for instance now. “

“Why are you doing this? What did I ever do to you?” Boa started to cry.

JaeJoong’s face hardened as he looked at the tears slipping down her cheeks. “What did you do to me? Do you really dare to ask me that bloody question? Well if you are so ignorant, allow me to educate you.” He started walking towards her and didn’t stop until there were just a few inches between them. “You abandoned me when I needed you the most. Do you remember that night? I had lost everything. My career, my family, my co-workers and most importantly Yunho…I wanted a friend that night and all I got was a too scared to risk her career for me. A career that I gifted her…a career which wouldn’t have existed but for me…do you recall what you said to me? Do you?” JaeJoong yelled at her.

Boa nodded her head. The memory was burned into her brain. JaeJoong had shown up at her doorstep with his suitcases in hand. He had looked devastated and asked if he could crash at her house. Instead of helping him as she should have, she had kicked him out. She had called him a fool for thinking she would side with him…go against SM and in anyway damage her career. He wasn’t worth it. Boa was ashamed of her behavior that night. She had wanted to help him but was scared to support him. She had needed SM for her goals and sadly that had meant that she would have to give up her best friend. “I am so sorry Jae…so sorry.” It was a heartfelt apology.

“I don’t need your apology. It’s far too late now.”

“Don’t do this to me Jae…please…please…”

JaeJoong chortled at her pleas. “Oh how the fortunes have changed…I remember a time when I had begged you like that.”

“Jae please…think about my family. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter