Chapter 5.1

BitterSweet Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JaeJoong was tired of being ignored. He and other three had reached the venue almost an hour ago and were waiting patiently for the conference to start. The reason it hadn’t started yet was because Yoochun had failed to show up. He had also failed to answer any attempts at communication made by JaeJoong, Junsu or any other staff member. JaeJoong was angry more than being worried because he knew the probable cause of this behaviour. Yoochun had deviated from the plan. Ever since that dreaded phone call in the morning, JaeJoong had been having doubts but he had dismissed them because he trusted Yoochun and he had promised JaeJoong that he would go through. JaeJoong now admitted that he that been wrong not to trust his gut. In his defence though, JaeJoong would have never guessed that a girl like Eun Sang could ever make his friend fall in love but he stood corrected. He should have seen this coming and made alternate plans. Now not only were his plans ruined but he had no back-ups.

 

JaeJoong was still lost in thought half an hour later when it was finally decided that the conference would start without Yoochun. One had to admit it looked bad that a member was absent from the ‘Reunion Conference’ but cancelling the same would make even more mockery of the situation. The crowd cheered as the four members finally came out. There were some screams heard and some murmurs about Yoochun’s absence.

 

Youn-Je took the microphone from the event manager and after making excuses for Yoochun’s nonattendance, informed the reporters that they had an hour for any questions they would like to ask once all the announcements were made. He then proceeded to express his delight over his new ownership of SM and promised the fans that he would give his best starting with reuniting the pride and joy of SM – DBSK. He then briefly highlighted his plan for the group and what could be expected of them in the near future. Finally the time came for questions:

 

Reporter: There was a lot of resentment between the two sides during the lawsuit and rather bitter remarks were made at that time. Are we supposed to believe that that resentment had magically disappeared?

Yunho: I think resentment is a harsh word. We may have at time made cutting remarks but it was because we were all hurting. For me and Changmin, it was our inability to understand why our bandmates would abandon us…abandon the dream we built together. For JaeJoong, Junsu and Yoochun, it was our decision to stay and not join them that was difficult to comprehend. Unfortunately at that time, we were too angry with each other to try and reason…to understand each other. We all saw rejection and reacted to it…and not always in the best way. But now that we have all sat down and talked, I believe we understand each other better and can appreciate the sacrifices we all made. We came out a stronger team and it will show as we work together once again.

 

Reporter: TVXQ had grown quite well after the lawsuit…has gained a lot of fans. Did TVXQ have no objections to JYJ suddenly coming in and enjoying something that only you two worked for?

Yunho: It’s a little complicated to answer. There are no objections simply because the duo isn’t extinct. As explained before, I and Changmin will remain active as a sub-group. The work we did will not be obscured by DBSK but the legacy will be continued in form of TV2Q. Out of respect, the albums and songs released by us will not be sung by DBSK…this also applies to all the albums and songs released by JYJ. Besides, the same situation can be applied to JYJ too. They have grown quite well too…gained many fans and will benefit DBSK. It’s a mutual thing and nothing to object over.

 

Reporter: There has been a rumor going around that this sudden reunion is purely for making money. JYJ and TVXQ are still at odds. In fact, Yunho and Changmin had no clue JYJ were returning to SM…the situation was forced on them and they are bound by contract. What do you have to say about that?

Yunho: Ah…I’ll be honest with you. Yes we were quite surprised at being told that there was a chance that JYJ and we could work together. However, we weren’t forced into the situation.  We met with JYJ in the past month and talked extensively…trying to ascertain if we would be able to work as a team. In past years since separation, we have grown a lot and have changed. There was no guarantee that the reunion could happen and we were told by Mr. Yoon that if that were the case, JYJ and TVXQ would just continue as they were. JYJ would just be another group under SM. It’s only after we met and discussed everything that we all said yes to the reunion. We owed it to us and our fans.

 

Reporter: This question is for JYJ. Are we to understand that you have left CJeS? A company that supported you throughout your struggle?

JaeJoong: As you all know, CJeS is more a company for actors than idols, it has been decided that CJeS will handle all our acting contracts while SM will be in-charge of the music part mainly. Baek Chu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter