Twinkling Stars

Eye of the Storm

I was thinking of combining this chapter with chapter 7, but the flow just seemed wrong so I made this part a new chapter, a little shorter, but I'm fine with it, it gets the point across. XD.

I think I may have rushed a bit, I hope you're all okay with it though, and if anything, I'll change it later.

The last chapter, and sadly, no more hunhan. They'll have a separate storyline that I will try to make later on. :) I hope you've liked this little sidestory to Keeping Time! ^^


Xiumin found he could feel the tears slipping down his cheeks for the first time in over five centuries. They were cold, naturally, and left his face colder than usual, a few teardrops freezing against his cheeks and his jaw instead of dripping against his clothing. Not even the warmth of his parent's star could give him the warmth he desperately needed, the kind he could only get from one person. Xiumin closed his eyes and felt the icicles attached to his eyelashes press against his wet face. He didn't like this feeling on his face or rocking through his entire body. He had never felt this much loneliness before, at one time.

Being alone was fine, Xiumin could deal with it since he had dealt with it time and time again, but this new feeling was differentBeing the oldest meant that he needed to put on a strong front, he couldn't cry like this or reveal any of his weaknesses, but it had gotten to be too much.  Digging his face into his knees, Xiumin sobbed quietly. Mom, is this how you felt when dad died? Did you wish and wish that he could come back and hold you in his arms again? Did you want his help in taking care of us? I wish I had done more for you. I wish I could've been more useful. I miss you. I miss you so much.

Chen followed the trail of pure white down twisting halls and around confusing corners with an expectant light in his eyes. He couldn't wait to tell his angel that he loved him and wanted to be with him. Chen traveled across the stone floor and found himself facing two doors, the one on the left having the spiraling white energy in front of it. I wonder where this is taking me. Chen walked over to the door on the right and opened it slowly, the smell of roses and oak invading his senses and inviting him to journey further inside.

 The white energy curved in the room and Chen then the small glass door ajar. His blue force ran from the ring nestled on his ring finger and spread on its own, running across the different surfaces. The electricity user closed the old door behind him and stepped further inside, the rosy smell embracing him and making him feel like he belonged. Is this what my mother smelled like? I bet she was beautiful. Chen quickly crossed the room to the glass door where a small glow was coming from and felt a gravitational pull towards whatever it was. When he came to the opening, all he could see was that shining globe of light moving in small circles, shining brighter each time it began its rotation again.

It was a star.

A big bright shining star that stole his breath away. Chen blinked, wondering if he was dreaming or not, and finally heard a small sniffle. Xiumin was crying again.

"Min," Chen called as he stepped on the dark plane into the nothingness of the room. Xiumin raised his head and Chen saw his shadow from the star's light.

"Chen, g-go back." Chen ignored the cried order and sat beside the crying male, pressing his right side to Xiumin's left. Xiumin didn't want Chen to see him like this and so he kept his face firmly planted into his knees, his heart continuing to cry when his tears had iced over. When Chen realized Xiumin wouldn't look at him, his eyes trailed to the star and he caught an idea.

Maybe if he made Xiumin a star, his angel wouldn't be so sad anymore.

 Chen raised his hands, palm up, and spread them out as if he were reaching for the star in front of them. His ring vibrated hotly against his finger and energy buzzed as he tried to control it, electricity raising from his finger tips and crawling all over his hand. Circle, he thought, make a circle. It was amazing just watching his powers work, how the electricity bonded together in strands of hot white and spun like a web, tighter and tighter, the spinning motion becoming so fast his eyes could no longer see the strands but pure . He slowly brought his hands together in a pleading motion as the mass of electricity fused together into one small ball of plasmatically charged energy. Chen could feel the warmth against his hands and smiled as the shining light stayed intact.

"Min, look." Xiumin shook his head and rubbed the ice from his cheeks and eyes onto his knees.

"Why," The pale boy's voice warbled out against his clothing, his voice thick with emotion.

"I made something for you!" Xiumin used all of his energy to lift up his head, only to see the small ball of shining light bouncing just above Chen's fingertips, little rays ripping their way from the center to replicate the large sun sitting a few feet away.

"So now you have your own star," Chen murmured, watching Xiumin's expression change from shock to awe to complete and utter tears, "It's all yours Angel. Hold out your hand." Xiumin did as he was told, holding out one of his trembling hands and watching with bated breaths as Chen smoothly pressed the star into his awaiting hand. The star jiggled slightly before beginning to rate, Xiumin's white energy raising from his hand and working its way through it, turning the star a blinding luminous blue and making snowflakes begin to fall against his hand, warm instead of cold. His very own star; Xiumin didn't have the words to explain how much love he felt in that moment when he looked over at Chen and saw him smiling.

"N-No one . . . has e-ever done s-something like t-this for m-me. Chen, I-" Xiumin's breath caught when he felt Chen's burning fingers, boiling from making the star, take his cold hand. Their fingers fit so perfectly that Xiumin couldn't remember ever having held a different hand before. Chen's hand was bigger than his own and enveloped his fingers in fire.

"I-I . . . You’re the . . . First p-person I've e-ever l-loved before, like this. I love you. I love y-you so m-much it h-hurts."

"It hurts me to," Chen answered, staring at the small burning star he made out of his love for Xiumin, "Knowing you're in pain hurts me. I don't want you to be sad anymore because I'm here and . . . And when I'm with you, I feel like everything I've been through doesn't matter anymore because you saved me. You've given me so much Xiumin, this is only the beginning of what I want to give in return. I want to give you all of my love, until it’s all you'll ever need. I want to make you see what I see. You’re beautiful.” To emphasize his words, Chen brought the hand in his grasp to his perfect lips and pressed it to his mouth in a loving gesture. Xiumin’s pale cheeks flooded with a soft pink tone, the most that could happen due to the extremity of his powers effect on his skin, and slowly pulled his hand away from the shining star, thankful that it continued to float on its own, bobbing up and down as if cheering him on, to go forward and be given all of the happiness he could ever want.

With a sense of fullness in his chest, Xiumin used his free hand to balance himself as he turned to face his gift, such an immaculate being. All he could feel was Chen’s touch and the heat rolling off of both stars as he leaned forward and closed his eyes. You are everything I could ever need. Xiumin pressed his lips against Chen’s softly, shyly, the pounding of his heart in his ear so loud he could barely think. All he could comprehend was the fact that they were, albeit rather inexperienced, kissing. Chen’s lips were soft and smooth, they reminded Xiumin of the glass formed when electricity hits sand, new and warm, able to mold to the slightest touch. Their lips did just that, molding together as Chen’s hand ran down his cheek, tilting his head in the process. As they kissed, their star shone brightly, buzzing as snowflakes fell to the darkness below, lighting the way. Chen parted his lips and his tongue slithered out to run along Xiumin’s bottom lip, causing the smaller boy to produce a surprised noise from the back of his throat, before he opened his mouth slightly. This intimate contact was a first, despite being alive longer than almost anything, even planets. Xiumin felt Chen’s tongue slip into his mouth and couldn’t help the moan he released into the others mouth when his tongue was touched. Their lips became bruised and sensitive as the kiss became passionate, the hand holding his jaw in a vicelike grip as their tongues twisted in and out of focus, teeth biting lips, and small airy moans meeting the silent air.

When they finally broke apart, Chen smiled the same smile he always did, but to Xiumin, it looked different, brighter, and fuller, the childishness was gone and it left Xiumin feeling shy.

“I love you Xiumin,” It was rare for Chen to call him by his full name and Xiumin felt his heart rate rise as he panted to catch his breath.

“I-I love you too Chen.” I’m finally being given the one thing I wanted all this time, someone to love and someone to love me. I promise I’ll protect him. I swear it to you, mom.

I’ll be okay now.

I have Chen by my side.

/

 

They walked hand in hand, it was hard not to realize that there was change between the two, from the way Xiumin walked ahead and held Chen’s hand firmly in his hand to the way Chen shyly looked to the ground, his bottom lip snuggly between his teeth. It had been a few days, but by then it was more than obvious. Xiumin’s fiery attitude finally made itself known again and the rest of the family had to be subjected to his icy glare if they even glanced at Chen. Kai called him overprotective and borderline dictorial while Suho found it beyond cute that one of the smallest could have such a loud voice while yelling at Chanyeol and Baekhyun not to touch Chen. Tao tried his best not to touch the pretty male, but it was hard not to when Chen was adorable inside and out. His laughter was the cutest thing in history and his voice was sweet and fit for his face. Needless to say, Tao spent alot of time jumping through time holes to avoid a spray of ice in the face.

The only person who was exempt from the ‘no touching Chen’ rule was Luhan, and it was because Chen liked to play games with him, be it practicing his powers or playing chess. Xiumin couldn’t do much besides agree and sulk in his never ending jealousy as he watches from close by, ready to sacrifice his brother to the Tree of Life if he even looked at Chen the wrong way. He couldn’t help his nature, the need be wherever Chen was, and Chen didn’t seem to mind.

He didn’t know, but Chen liked Xiumin like this, overprotective and all of his new attributes. He liked to know that Xiumin still loved him by becoming jealous every time he chose to play monopoly with the rest of their brothers instead of staying by his side or deciding to sit in between Baekhyun and Chanyeol at the dinner table. It was fun to see Xiumin freeze someone in a block of ice, it only happened once because Kai decided to be the one to test Xiumin’s patience and kissed Chen’s cheek, or pull him closer and away from the threat.

“Don’t touch him!” Xiumin hissed as Baekhyun reached for Chen’s hand. Chen willingly let his body be shifted away and gave Baekhyun an apologetic glance before wrapping his arms around Xiumin’s torso and laying his head against Xiumin’s.The pair sat in the living room couch with the large TV playing a horror movie.

“That wasn’t very nice Min,” Chen noted as Baekhyun purposed shot light into Xiumin’s eyes as payback. Screaming could be heard from the screen and Baekhyun as Xiumin shot a haze of ice at the boy’s leg and tripped him.

I can’t help that I’m selfish,” Xiumin said in a serious tone, “I’m sorry if I’m getting annoying.” Chen hummed and began to play with his fingers while tickling the boy in his arms in the process.

“No, it’s okay. I like it when you’re like this. I feel safe when I’m with you and it reminds me that you care.”

“I don’t think you’ll ever know how much I care about you.” Chen laughed, the bell ringing again, and kissing Xiumin’s cheek repeatedly. Xiumin sneakily turned his head and caught Chen’s lips in a small kiss.

“I love you angel,” Chen murmured against his lips, “I want to stay like this with you forever.” And ever. Xiumin leaned his forehead against Chen’s and smiled, Chen had accidentally shocked him.

We have all the time in the world.” They kissed again, and again, until everyone else watching the movie had to complain. Most of them were frozen in the end and only with the help of Chanyeol and Lay did they survive through hypothermia.

 

All the time we need to learn more about each other.

 

To create more beautiful memories.

 

To be together, loving and growing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“All the time in the world.”

 

 

 

The end.

 

 

 

 

 

My, oh my, I freaking loved writing this. XD Is that weird ? Anywhoooooo, that was it. The end, :( I'm sad to see it go, but I'm happy I wrote it for you all. ^^ Adios my lovelies.