Frozen Armor

Eye of the Storm

I really liked writing this chapter ! ^^


Xiumin left Chen in Kyungsoo's room and walked down the hall slowly; he felt a pulling sensation at his limbs telling him to go back, but it went unattended and soon he found himself in his room, snowfall and all. He walked, with difficulty, through the building snow and over to his dresser, where the interdimensional mirror lay. It was medium sized and delicate, the handle a strong shimmering silver and the mirror reflection itself was a purplish black swirling vortex. It was a gift from Baekhyun for his birthday since Baekhyun thought he had a cute, fluffy face.

"The one time I'd like to see my reflection," Xiumin murmured to himself, pressing his palms against the screen and watching the portal dissipate into bright light. He waited for a few moments until a face popped up in the mirror, smiling with all his boyish charm, the sunlight so pure as it enveloped his face. Leaves fell in bursts of vibrant color, reds, yellows, blues, and a piece of the vast tree breathed life off to the side. Xiumin felt his body relax, his heart swell as he saw his life force wrap around the tree in a brush of violet to meet blue wrapping around the other side.

"Hey everyone, it's Xiumin!" Baekhyun's loud, raspy voice called out to the other family members. With a rustle of fresh green grass, the others swarmed behind Baekhyun or tried to push others out of the way in order to see him. Xiumin smiled, love for his family swelling inside of his snowcapped heart.

"Are you alright?"

"Did anything happen?"

"Are you coming?"

"Can you bring my Legos?"

"No Sehun! Don't blow that down!" Xiumin rolled his eyes at the insistent questions and the fact that he could see Lay chasing a playful Sehun all along the expanse of the massive tree, Sehun doing everything in his power not to be caught.

"I'm fine," Xiumin spoke after setting his eyes on Suho, who stood next to Baekhyun, "Everything is fine now. Though I do need you to erase the memories of the humans around us within an 80 mile radius."

"What did you do?!" Xiumin flinched, but answered the question.

"Well . . . Me and Chen made it snow on accident."

" . . . Is that his name?" Xiumin nodded his head.

"Our energies merged when I pulled him from the storm he created, I can still feel his emotions moving through me," Xiumin spoke with a light airy voice, electricity rushing through him and aiming straight for his heart, "He had no idea he was one of us until six months ago, and since then, he's been letting out his energy in bouts of emotion and destroying everything around him. I can handle him until you’re ready to come back." Suho sighed and turned the left portion of his torso to look around for someone.

"Lay," he called, beckoning said man chasing Sehun around the tree over with a wave of his hand. Lay instantly stopped his game of chase with Sehun and launched himself at Suho, easily landing into his lover's arms.

"Can you stay here and look after everyone while I head back?" Lay looked up at Suho with creased brows. He was used to being with Suho, always.

"Did Xiumin find him?" Suho nodded his head, his eyes hard. Lay knew not to argue, not when Suho had that face in play. Xiumin leaned back against the dresser, catching sight of Kai teleporting into the trenches of the vast tree. 

“How soon do you think you’ll be back?” How long do I have him all to myself before you come along? Xiumin called to his ice mentally and it stuck thin needles of ice into the patch of flesh just above his heart in protest. Even if Xiumin wanted to hurt himself, it was nearly impossible, but he didn’t want to feel this new emotion. Greed. He felt greedy for wanting to be alone with Chen for as long as possible; Chen didn’t belong to him, it was the harsh reality that Xiumin decided he needed to face before his emotions became to out of sync. Chen was their new brother, he was everyone else’s just as much as his.

Not mine . . .

Not mine . . .

When will he . . . be mine?

“I think two weeks at most. The dimensional flux is in a new time warp. It’ll take longer to move through, and that’s if I go alone. I’ll head out now. Just don’t let him destroy our house. I did pay good money for it.” Xiumin laughed at the irony, Chen’s tornado had destroyed virtually everything in the area besides the mansion and maybe a few houses off to the side.

“Yeah. I’ll cope.” With that being said, Xiumin bid goodbye to his brothers, waving at Luhan who waved at him fervently with a smile on his face from Sehun’s shoulders. How a kid that young couldn’t sense Luhan’s true feelings, Xiumin had no clue how truly clueless his brothers really were. He set the delicate mirror down as the light died away and the black vortex spilled over to consume the silver once again. Xiumin peered down at the snow that know reached just below his calf and sighed, he hadn’t been paying attention in the slightest and that led to his room being flooded with snow.

“No, you can’t sleep in here,” he spoke firmly, staring down at the snow as it retreated like a puppy scowled by his master, “maybe tomorrow.” Tomorrow, he thought, what would become of tomorrow when Chen wakes up? Xiumin stepped his way through the slush left along the floor as the snow along the floor deteriorated and instead imbedded itself into the walls of the rooms, small droplets of snowflakes falling along the ground. His power was sensitive to everything, but usually being an emotionalist or filled with pure anger, it was the first time Xiumin had deliberately pushed away his energy for space to breathe. He couldn’t function like this, the snow froze over to form ice; he couldn’t be the same when he could still feel the touch of Chen’s lips against his.

Xiumin sighed, a puff of cold breath filling the air as he sat against his bed, forcing the lights to go out using his power. He laid against the cold sheets, and closed his eyes as the strain from using up so much of his energy took its toll. The only reason he had managed to stay awake for so long was because he wanted to make sure Chen was okay and he needed to tell Suho that the danger was over, for the most part. The ice he rejected sneakily slid from the wall and touched along the lining between the floor and the wall itself. Xiumin noticed the change, but was much too lazy to stop it. Behind his close lids, he willed sleep to come, keeping his thoughts as clear as possible, steering them away from the picture of Chen sleeping, his lips parting time and time again to whisper something, and what he had said when Xiumin found him.

“You came . . . You finally came for me.”

Xiumin awoke with a shiver as the atmosphere in his room changed. He blinked away the sleep from his eyes and tried to sit up, only to find a weight keeping him in bed. What the- Chen mumbled what Xiumin loosely translated to ‘my gummy bears’ before ending his monologue with a short laugh that sounded much too cute to be real. He hummed low in his throat before snuggling closer to Xiumin and releasing a purr of contentment. Xiumin stayed immobile for a few more minutes, trying for all his life to figure out why in the world Chen was cuddled up against him and purring. Wasn’t he could? It didn’t make any sense and how did he get there in the first place?

Xiumin used as little force as possible to shove Chen away from him and into a pile of snow. The thin male opened his pretty brown eyes and blinked them childishly, sitting up in the pile of snow and yawning, unconsciously tilting his head and bringing a fist to rub at his left eye. He looked around with a small pout before looking at Xiumin. Xiumin watched his expression brighten and wanted to gouge his very eyes out.

“Angel, I did find you in my dreams!” Xiumin didn’t know what to make of being called angel by someone who fit the description much better.

 

/

 

Chen felt happiness bubble in the deep empty pit of his stomach as his angel carried him somewhere, someplace safe. He could feel the cold wind wafting around him and the angelic boy who had saved his life, his entire body seemed to be made of ice, but Chen felt no cold, only a warmth that touched his heart and stilled the vibrations going through him, little jolts shaking his limbs. The electric field around him had calmed considerably as he felt the cold warmth suddenly leave to be replaced with different types of auras all condensed into one room. He wanted to open his eyes and explore like the little kid he really was, but his body was too weak to function. After a few minutes, the scalding frost returned and he was gently carried until he felt soft sheets and fluff beneath him, the smell of Earth heavy in his nose. He didn’t like it, he mused, and as soon as he awoke, he would find his angel and be with him again.

“Take my hand.” Chen tuned in to find himself in a block of ice, the inside so cold he felt he might die from the cold alone rather than the suffocating which would ultimately kill him first. He banged his fist against the concrete solid ice, ignoring how tiny needles stabbed at his vulnerable fingers until they bled against the icy wall. He looked around to try and find his angel, the holder of the voice that had spoken so loudly. Where was he?

“Angel?” Chen called in his rather soft voice, scared that the ice had suddenly begun to shrink smaller. There was no way out.

“Take my hand,” His voice came again, stronger, fuller, and possibly angry. Chen turned around and there he stood in a bright mirage of shining light and falling snow. He held out his hand, the white of his clothes complimenting his smooth looking pale skin. Chen stared at him, in awe and feeling insignificant, before reaching across the small space to touch the glassy ice keeping them apart. His angel pressed his palm against the ice alongside Chen’s fingers and smiled.

“Take my hand and I’ll lead you to safety.” But how? Chen frowned as he began to feel lightheaded. He pounded his fist against the cellar repeatedly, all he wanted to touch that hand and be led. He persisted and banged his fists against the door harder, more blood pooling at his feet. The want to be with his angel turned into a manic need; Chen began to claw away and shave the ice with his blood drenched fingernails. Blotches dotted his vision while he worked and the air ran out. His eyes fell and his lips parted before the wind blew against his face and brought him back to life. He opened his eyes to blurry vision of a figure walking away.

“Come and find me,” His angel called faintly. Chen stood, literally, and sleepwalked from Kyungsoo’s room, walking down the hall and making a sharp turn to the left, another to the right, and following another long hallway before stopping in front of a stone door, a single snowflake symbol drawn into the wall.

Xiumin didn’t think Chen would be so endearing. It was slightly annoying how he clung to him at every moment in the day, which consisted of Xiumin trying his best to avoid physical contact, and he was as cute as Luhan and Sehun in personality. He was sweet, his voice was soft and a bit higher than Xiumin had anticipated and he constantly held a clueless face as he explored what Xiumin deemed his ‘new home.” Xiumin didn’t particularly care what Chen did as long as it did not involve him, he preferred Chen search around and poke thinks, looking cute as his head tilted in wonder and fascination, than being clung to every second and wishing he could shoot himself in the face to stop the tempo raising of his heartbeat. Xiumin wasn’t use to this, to having to be alone with one person so intimately; it hadn’t even been that way with Luhan; they had their parents, Kris, and Suho.

But Chen was none of the above and on a whole new wavelength. He liked to refer to Xiumin as angel, and Xiumin let him because he honestly felt special being nicknamed.

“Angel! Whose room is this!” Chen pointed to the room with the symbol for wind and peered up at the door cutely. And again, being completely honest, everything Chen did was cute, he was happy and bubbly and childish and so beautiful with that smile spreading his thin lips innocently.

“Sehun. He has the power of wind. Just like you can control electricity, he can control tthe air. He’s our youngest brother along with his twin Tao. His room is the hourglass symbol down the hall to the right. But don’t go in there. It’s not safe for you.” Chen nodded his head, but gave Xiumin the ‘kicked puppy’ look; he was actually very obedient. Every time Xiumin told him not to do something, he would listen and follow the order.

“And that one?” The water symbol across the hall from Sehun’s room.

“Suho. He’s our guardian, though he’s not the oldest.”

“Who is,” Chen turned away from the door with the question lighting his eyes.

“I am.”

“You should be guardian!” Chen chirped indignantly, frowning when he looked back at the water symbol. He didn’t ask any more questions on Suho; it showed he could hold a grudge. They traveled down a lit hall and passed Xiumin’s room. Chen felt the pull and looked at the wall where the scorpion symbol that represented his power stood.

“Is that mine?” Xiumin nodded his head and stayed back as Chen journeyed closer and pressed his hand against the door. It reminded him of his dream. Before his very eyes, an electrical blue surge of energy left his finger tips and sprouted along the expanse of the wall and the door formed. Chen was scared, he was still scared of using his powers ever since he killed those people on accident. He jogged over and took Xiumin’s hand by forced and ran into his room, the cold warmth of his angel’s hand stilling the storm brewing in his stomach.

The first thing the pair saw was the huge fluffy cloud that spread out along the ceiling, drifting slowly in duplication of the clouds outside.

His bed was in contrast, the black wood opposite of the white sky, his silk pillows also black in color. His dresser was the same way, a dark black color with electricity running along the top of the dresser and throughout the room. Chen took a step closer and raised a hand to try and reach the cloud despite being at least 30 feet too small. The clouds sank down and caressed him hand.

“All of this is mine?” Are you mine too angel?

“Yes. All of this is yours. The house always caters to the emotions and powers of the person inside. The clouds above your bed would be a gust of wind in Sehun’s room, the shining of the light bulbs in Baekhyun’s room, and low magnitude earthquakes in Kyungsoo’s. It all depends on how we feel; our room is possibly the closest thing to showing how we truly feel on the inside.” The cloud brightened. Xiumin cracked a smile and the cloud turned almost as bright as Baekhyun’s extremely low voltage light, which could melt human eyes. Chen released Xiumin’s hand, the smaller male disliked the emptiness creeping up on him, and ran for his bed. He jumped onto the soft covers and grabbed one of the black pillows to hold and giggle against. He looked like he was having so much fun that Xiumin left.

The cloud above Chen’s bed turned grey and twisted.

 

 

 

:)