Snowing Electricity

Eye of the Storm

The only tornado Xiumin had ever seen before was on the news forecast channel and when Sehun tried to create one only to fail. This tornado, yards away from the mansion, spun somewhat in place, gray sinking to black and lifting up whatever lay in the path, humans included. A large van shook as the tornado slowly trudged forward, a family of three stuck inside, and just as it was about to be lifted into the sky, Xiumin aimed his hands towards the vehicle and shot a large concentration of ice at the wheel. The ice spread until it covered the bottom portion of the car, the family shrieking inside despite being saved. He would never understand humans, but Xiumin promised to protect them. The small male squinted his eyes through the thundering rain and held his hands out, palm up. It would be impossible to save everyone with his eyes open, so Xiumin opted for unleashing his power to stop the tornado from destroying the rest of their city. His ring, glittering as the air left his chest, frosted over in a dusty hue of light slush, the solid snow flake the only kind Xiumin couldn’t recreate.

A blizzard erupted in the air, unaffected by the rain and the harsh wind, and swarmed towards the tornado, easily pushing through the lightning guarding the main center and freeing people of the dangerous storm. It carried them to safety and set them on their feet or laid against the grass far away from the site.

“There’s one more person inside,” Xiumin opened his eyes and twisted his hands, calling back the frosty wind to surround him and lift him from the ground. From his vantage point he could see nothing but the black funnel twisting and crawling closer like a baby learning how to crawl. But someone else was in there, he could feel it in the tips of his freezing fingers. The blizzard brought Xiumin closer, closer, so close that if he reached his hand out one more inch, the tornado could sweep him up and he would never be found again. It was strange, how willing he felt to do this, to reach in and pull his brother out. There was this sixth sense telling him that this person was dear to him, or at least he would be. He would become someone close to his heart, his soul, he may even become Xiumin’s reason to live. And with this in mind, Xiumin reached his hand into the fierce, crying wind, and his body was swept away in the tide of air. He couldn’t see anything as rain drowned him and the wind kicked him in the chest repeatedly. He flew around in a rotation twice before the new sound came to his ears, desperate cries that broke his heart.

Chen began to cry because it was all he knew. He was trapped again in a storm he couldn’t control, hurting people, causing discord and pain and not being able to stop it tore him up inside. The tornado dragged him from the forest and into another city, tossing cars, chunks of houses, and trees into the air and flinging them elsewhere. There was destruction everywhere and it was all his fault. The guilt aided in the electricity lashing out to tear at the ground, carrying him as he curled in tighter, bleeding, wet. He shivered as the rain suddenly turned cold, almost mind numbing, and the rain stung his open cuts. What had he done to deserve this? Wasn’t there someone out there who could save him too? His sobbing traveled throughout the tunnel’s expanse, echoing back in his ear. If I don’t stop, I’ll destroy everything; I have to stop, I need to. Chen forced his eyes open, his once brown orbs an electric blue and immune to the rain pelting his eyes. He looked up through the opening in the tunnel and saw the dark sky, more electricity drawing from the black clouds and aiming straight for him. He twisted his body around and unfurled slightly, his energy buzzing all around him, seemingly attached yet detached all at the same time. Chen kept his eyes open and tried to see through the pelting wind, to see anything outside of the tornado, but there was nothing but that cold rain and the heat blossoming inside of his heart.

Then Chen felt his presence, why he knew it was male was a mystery, but something was telling him that there was another boy inside of his domain. He tried to look around for him, but there was nothing.

“Can you hear me?” A faint voice screamed from his left and Chen instantly turned his head to look for him. He wanted to scream back, but his throat was damaged and constricted from his growing cold.

“HEY!” The voice screamed, closer than before. Chen tilted his head back and saw him, an angel covered in pure white with snow tumbling in the wind behind him, with his arms outstretched, reaching . . . for him.

“Give me your hand,” He called when he was a few feet away, Chen could hear his voice over the howling wind, clapping thunder and shocks of electricity. He could hear him over his own deep breathing and quickly palpitating heart. He could hear him, and everything felt less painful.

“Give me . . . your freaking hand!” Chen’s lip cracked into a small smile and a jolt of electricity shot out at the unsuspecting male as he pushed himself closer, tired, sleepy, and ready to feel the touch of another person, someone like him, for the first time. Their hands touched, felt, clasped together, and their energy merged.

The tornado spun faster and faster, the frost spreading from bottom to the vast hole at the top, the entire natural disaster erupting into a vibrant blue. From there, the blue spread towards the sky, the color almost too bright to look at, and suddenly, snowflakes began to fall from the sky.

It had begun to snow.

Chen instinctively wound his arms around his angel, there was nothing else he wished to call him, and looked up at him as the pale boy in white guided them through the harsh wind of the deteriorating tornado, his hand still held firmly. You came, Chen whispered with his eyes, you finally came for me. And the happiness inside of him was too much to contain; he hugged the boy as close as he could, closing his eyes and craning his neck up to press his lips against a surprised pair. The energy between them was insatiable, delving into one another, seducing their powers to mingle, for the snow to shock them as they sank closer to the ground.

~

Xiumin forgot how to breathe when their lips met, the warm snow falling against them as their feet touched the ground and their fingers interlocked in a bond they had no idea existed. It took Xiumin much too long, by his standards, to realize what he was doing before pulling away and staring down at the sleeping boy in disbelief.

“Wait a minute- y-you- I- Kiss- Huh?”

 

/

 

 

His name was Chen and he was adopted, though people weren't sure of his age. He was left with the ring of his birthright after being born and left abandoned in front of the family who took him in, unaware that his true family was elsewhere and he was not human. His power was thunder, or better yet, electricity, and it had been his power symbol Xiumin watched being drawn into the wall. The mansion had known and welcomed Chen into their lives. Xiumin carried Chen in his arms bridal style, cradling his head with his shoulder and trying his best not to stare at his face. But it was a hard feat, seeing as Chen was so beautiful while he slumbered, his chest moving lightly as he breathed and his lips slightly parted, murmuring things he witnessed behind his closed lids.

The humans were too preoccupied with the snow falling without rest during tornado season and it provided the perfect cover for Xiumin to steal Chen away and approach the mansion without needing to stop. He would have Lay erase the memories of each and every human that witnessed the spectacle, another skill that helped to camouflage them in the human world. Holding Chen close and hunching over to help protect his body from the snow, Xiumin carried the boy inside of the manor, flinching at the electrical jolts blazing across his frigid skin and reddening the flesh in its wake. The front door closed from the icy gust following Xiumin along the way and the pale boy set the sleeping boy on the couch, pondering on which room to let him sleep in; the couch wasn't suitable.

His room was too cold and from the feel of his body, Chen was too sick to be surrounded by the cold.

Suho's room was too wet, naturally.

Tao's room was out of the question, Chen might wake up in 1984, not to mention a dimensional portal might pull him in if he stayed in Kai's dreaded bedroom.

Sehun's was too windy, Chen might bash into the walls by the gust of air billowing around his bed.

Lay's room had too many unicorn plushies for Chen to lay anywhere which is why he regularly roomed with Suho.

Kris' room was forbidden.

Baekhyun's room was too bright with the hundreds of light bulbs along the ceiling.

Chanyeol's room was too hot and would burn Chen before he could touch the molten bed sheets.

Luhan's room was too creepy. It enhanced brain waves and made it hard to keep materials grounded, including the EXO family members. And not to mention the awkward stack of Disney movies.

Xiumin didn't want to be the first one to see Chen's room. It wouldn't feel right.

Kyungsoo's room was the only option and due to their connection of earth, Chen would heal much faster.

Thinking logically, Xiumin reached down to pick up Chen, but paused, leaning his face in closer to inspect the drying blood against Chen's forehead. The skin was ripped and irritated; Xiumin felt his chest constrict his breathing. There was something erupting inside of him, something he couldn't very well explain, but he knew, Chen was meant for him and no one else. Chen had been found by him for a reason, to be with Xiumin. But as quickly as the sensation came, it vanished without a trace and Xiumin took Chen in his arms, feeling reckless and vulnerable with the thoughts rushing through his head.

He's so . . . Beautiful.

I've never seen someone . . . so perfect . . . delicate.

I bet he's been through so much pain . . .  And it hurts me too.

I want to take care of him.

I want him to feel safe with me.

I want him to . . . Love me. 

Xiumin carried Chen through the living and down the first hallway, making a left, then a right, into the rooms that made up the fire in the family. He passed Kris' room first and continued to walk until the second winged bird symbol came into view. He could feel his body beginning to warm up due to the heat radiating in the hall and it began to make him feel uncomfortable. He walked down another empty, dark hallway and passed Baekhyun's sun symbol before finding Kyungsoo's. Why he was right after the sweltering powers, Xiumin pondered briefly, but the cold wind following him began to regenerate and cover him in a light sheen of freezing temperature. Chen shivered.

"Sorry," Xiumin whispered, backing up into the door holding the earthquake symbol and pressing his energy into the stone wall. The door opened gently, Kyungsoo was always so welcoming after all, and Xiumin carried Chen over to the newly furnished bed. Suho had to replace the bedframe and mattress due to one of Kyungsoo's vivid dreams. He had a habit of sleep fighting, though he claimed to bake for Kai in his dreams.

"There," Xiumin murmured, feeling the warm air in the room much more bearable than Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Kris, though slightly stale. He pulled the Pororo covers over the slumbering male and backed away, watching Chen sleep for a few moments before retreated for the door.

His lips still tingled and his eyes still glazed over with newly found emotions that left him baffled. What was he talking about before? Love? Safety? Xiumin had not the slightest idea what it felt like to protect someone. Luhan had no need for it, and the others were well taken care of by each other. Baekhyun had Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Kai, Suho and Lay had taken Tao into their haven of old people safety, and Sehun had Luhan.

How am I supposed to protect him when I don't know him?

I know nothing about him . . . 

It must be the heat getting to my head. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Part 3 .

 

I managed to get to my sisters house for some much needed wifi, yay !