Thunderstorm

Eye of the Storm

An odd mix of emotions, but I do like how it turned out .  :) 


He had been jealous of a pillow and that wasn’t healthy. Xiumin walked back down the hall to his room with his shoulders slumped. Why did it have to annoy him so much just to see Chen happy with a pillow? It wasn’t like he was with one of the others, but he would be soon enough. Xiumin pushed his room door open without touching the door and saw the blizzard rushing around to the room, the snow so windy he could barely see anything.

It was his first taste of jealousy, his first taste of the disgusting emotion moving through him like fire. It tore away at the logic he took centuries to build, set fire to the cauldron of feelings left unattended for just as long. Xiumin hated being so possessive and he knew it would be worse with nine other people in the manor, nine other people to steal Chen's attention away, nine other people for him to be with. Who was he to think he deserved Chen in the least? He was weak in comparison to the others; he was nothing. The blizzard tore away at the bed and flung the white pillows into the walls, the blanket caressing the bed whisking into the air and twirling with the breeze in dancing motions. The snow was getting out of control as Xiumin dug a hole for himself internally, his sadness growing and growing until he could barely stand. Before he could fall, there was a small knock at the door, barely a sound there, before the door creaked open, blue energy pushing his white away.

"Angel? Are you in here?" Xiumin turned his forlorn gaze to the door and watched as Chen's face came into view, looking sad and childish. Xiumin admitted that he hated that expression; He felt significantly worse for knowing he was the cause.

"Angel?" Chen looked around at the falling snow twisting throughout the room and smiled. Where he lived before, he had never felt snow before. He had only ever watched it on TV or when driving by a lucky area that happened to be hit with the phenomena, and even then his parents refused to let him roll down the window even an inch. That was another reason he felt so at ease when he was with Xiumin, he had the first experience of touching snow with his very flesh because of him; it would be one of the few memories Chen would cherish forever. The blizzard calmed to a lulling melody that swirled towards the door and held Chen's face gently. He laughed at the cold yet warm sensation and entered the room with no invitation, he didn't care about asking, he wanted to be with his angel and play with the snow.

"Angel," Chen called again, lightly, walking through the snow that swarmed to touch any patch it could and reaching out to wipe away the crystal slipping down Xiumin's cheek, "don't cry." His angel may have been smaller than him, but Chen had never felt so much warmth, so in tune with someone before. When he was with Xiumin, he felt safe, at home, and another feeling he had never come across before. It cause his heart to pound in his ear every second they spent in close contact with each other, it made his cheeks blossom with heat and his stomach drop. And he loved it.

"I'm not crying," Xiumin muttered as his hands made quick work of the water transforming to ice against his cheek. Chen giggled as more tears slid from Xiumin's light honey eyes and easily pulled one of his pale hands away to wipe the crystals away. Why was his angel crying?

"Why are you crying?" Xiumin didn't know when he had begun to shed tears, it may have been when Chen called for him behind the door, or when he smiled at the snow, either way, the pleasure erupting in his chest was just too much. He had never felt this way before. Is this the way Suho feels when he wakes up to Lay in his arms? Is this what love is supposed to be?

If it was, Xiumin would gladly accept it.

Even if it tore him apart.    

"B-Because I-I'm h-happy." For once, he was.   

 

/

 

The first week was spent around the manor during the day and under a sheet covered with snow at night. Xiumin learned that Chen craved physical contact during most of the hours of a single day and he would have to get over his palpitating heart and give it. He came to appreciate Chen's cuddling at night because it made him feel something else besides cold. It was a miracle.

"Min," Chen yelled from the kitchen, pouting at the lack of pudding, his favorite food. Xiumin had finally managed to be called by his true name, only for Chen to decide simply 'Min' was enough. He liked to random hug Xiumin around his waist and pull them together, gently rocking from side to side. Xiumin let him.

"What?" Xiumin's reply met the pouting male's ear and caused him to frown. He really wanted his pudding.

"I want pudding!" Chen whined from the kitchen, crossing his arms across his stomach as the organ gurgled with hunger. Xiumin stood from the couch and walked to the kitchen entrance.

"Pudding? Why? It’s disgusting."

"You take that back! Pudding is delicious and good and-and" Electricity jolted from where Chen stomped his foot, the shock moving up his clothing and frizzing his once straight hair. This was a reoccurrence whenever he wanted something, be it cuddling or pudding. Baekhyun's room was definitely not safe.

"Okay, calm down," Xiumin spoke lowly, "You're powers move through emotion, if you get to excited or angry in this case, this whole place could burn down from your electricity." Chen's face changed.

Xiumin's heart sank.

"So . . . It came out . . . When I was sad and-and ki-"

"Let's go get that pudding." Xiumin didn't want to hear Chen cry. The first time he heard it had been back in that terrifying storm, cries of deepest loneliness and anguish that could not be sated. Chen's eyes had brimmed with tears; his bottom lip caught between his canines. For once, Xiumin was willing to give in to that need for physical touch; he cross the kitchen and took Chen's hand, locking their fingers together and pulling him towards the door. They pulled on a pair of shoes closest, Xiumin figured they were Lay's, since at least one shoe had a unicorn outline along the side. Xiumin could sense the electrical tension beginning to form a small field around Chen and tried to dispel it as quickly as possible.

"Chenchen," he said, biting his tongue directly after as punishment for the sickeningly twisted emotions puncturing his stomach. It felt much too euphoric to call Chen such a sweet name. Tree of Life, please kill me now. Chen's demeanor changed again, the electrical charge frizzing both of their hair disappearing and his eyes trembling in their sockets. He met eyes with Xiumin, and for the first time, he could see actual care in his eyes. The honey color had glazed over with a sweeter layer of light brown, his big eyes twinkling.

"It's not your fault. You didn't ask for any of this and I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I'm sorry I didn't know you needed me. But I promise, you'll never have to worry about losing control again. You have a family now and we won't let you down, so . . . Please, just . . . Just smile." You have me now. I'll try to be all you need.

Chen never truly felt a family's love before, his adopted parents never treated him the same as their natural born kids; he was always left out, given less to eat, the most chores, and he was blamed for almost anything his brother and sister did. They used to laugh at him and call him an abandoned kid and claim he wasn't wanted. Discovering his differences had not only left him without a home or someplace dry to sleep, but it had also set Chen free. Hearing Xiumin try to cheer him up did make him happy, so happy he could die. His thin lips slowly, but surely, curled into an infectious smile, his top lip almost disappearing in his happiness. They left the manor and instantly shifted planes, Xiumin moving them farther away in fear that anyone might recognize them. It was still snowing fairly hard, and Xiumin removed the grey sweater encasing his body and wrapped them around Chen's shoulders nonchalantly.

This wasn't a date or anything.

Gosh.

 Chen began to swing their hands back and forth as his chestnut brown eyes looked around the shopping complex, milking in the new scenery. He felt his body being pulled towards the main store, a large, complex mall. There were thousands of people just milling around, carrying bags, looking at items through windows, and trying to buy the latest products. It was fascinating.

"I know there's a pudding place around here somewhere," Xiumin murmured to himself, pulling Chen closer so he couldn't be lost in the crowd. His eyes scanned the surroundings, which ranged from baby clothing to a candy story and an assortment of women's and men's clothing, until he saw the entrance to the food court. It should be in there. They walked across the largely packed space and into the food court, where Chen became excited and began pointing and asking for different foods.

"OH! CAN I HAVE THAT?

THAT!?

AND THAT!" Xiumin sighed as Chen tried again to pull them off course from the pudding stand across the court. On that day, Xiumin realized Chen either had a short attention span, or he really did want all of those foods AND the pudding.

"No Chen. You can't have all of those, choose one and I'll get it for you." Chen pouted.

"And the pudding?" Xiumin felt like smiling.

"Yes Chen, the pudding too." Chen cheered the entire way to the pudding stand and after the honey golden pudding was placed in his free hand, the smell of vanilla wafting from the cup.

 

He was just too cute.

 

/

 

The second week was spent quite the same, except for the fact that Xiumin found himself waking up in Chen's bed time and time again, electric sparks running along his arms and legs as Chen whistled in his sleep, his limbs keeping Xiumin tied to the bed. The clouds above the bed were pure black and almost unnoticeable, blending in with the dark of the night and sleeping just as Chen was.  It was a much different atmosphere than his room, where it snowed day in and day out. The air was light yet heavy from the drooping clouds, sometimes Xiumin could feel a water droplet splash against his face and chest. It was damp at some points, perhaps it dealt with the nature of Chen's dreams, but Xiumin didn't really mind. He actually liked his cold skin being stimulated by the warm air of Chen's room. And it was only Chen's room that didn't bother him. Even Kyungsoo's room, the driest of the twelve, was stuffy and too dry that it caused Xiumin's skin to water instantly and if he stayed there too long.

Xiumin turned his body slightly in the dark of the room and peered down at the locks splayed out along his slightly glowing skin, black against the shimmering white. His fingers rose from his side and easily slid into the raven hair, and he relished in the feeling of Chen's hair between his fingers. Only now could he drop his guard completely and leave himself so vulnerable. He didn't really understand how Chen could trample his way into his life and suddenly be the biggest piece to him there is. Xiumin closed his eyes but continued to play with the strands between his fingers. He loathed how silky it felt in the palm of his hands. Chen mumbled nonsense in his sleep and began to purr in his dreams as the fingers massaging his scalp reached him deep in his dreams.

"Min," He murmured, followed by a sigh. Xiumin watched as electricity breathed from the cloud above and Chen turned in his sleep, reaching out to hold him. It still felt so new, despite being held for almost two weeks already. Xiumin welcomed him into his arms and Chen buried his face in his pale neck, accidentally pressing his lips to the exposed skin.

"Xiuminnie," He heard Chen murmur as he woke up, his lips grazing that sensitive patch of flesh right against his neck.

"Hm?" The sound almost came out strangled.

"Who's your favorite brother?" That was new too. As far as Xiumin could remember, he had only told basic things about each of his brothers, such as their power or an odd here and there.

"Why are you asking? Go back to sleep." He was much too tired to think of an answer and it should’ve been obvious. Chen was his favorite.

"Nooo~" Chen whined cutely, "Tell me."

"Chen, I'll tell you tomorrow. I'm sleepy." Chen wanted to know now. He knew that soon he would be subjected to meeting the rest of his family and he wanted to meet his competition. He would be Xiumin's favorite, he just needed to know who to watch out for.

"Fine," Xiumin muttered as sleep took him, muttering a random name because he wasn't taking it seriously when he should have.

"Hm. I guess . . .  My little . . . Brother . . . Luhan."

 

Little Brother . . . Luhan.

The one who could move things with his mind.

The tall cute one.

He was Xiumin's favorite.

How could Chen compete with that? He closed his eyes and pressed himself closer to Xiumin, loving the cold radiating from his skin. Mine, Chen thought, He's mine now. 

 

 

 

 

 

^^ Leave your comments lovelies. They totally make my day. XD