Flaming Lightbulbs & a Gust of Wind

Eye of the Storm

^^ Some Hunhan! And a tiny, itty bitty speck of Baekyeol. :) 


If there was one word that could explain the meeting of EXO with their long lost brother, it would have to be awkward, very, very awkward. And the most awkward part about it seemed to be how easily they adapted to Chen, Xiumin felt bad for not giving them more credit, how easily they all reached out for a small hug or a handshake, or in Chanyeol’s case, a burning bear hug that stole all of Chen’s breath away and caused him to shock the much taller male away from him. Chen sat in the center of the couch while holding tightly to Xiumin's hand, seeing as he refused to even leave the snowing room if not for the boy's cooperation, while everyone either stood or sat across from him, staring with an array of shining smiles on their faces.

They each took their time introducing one another, yelling over the other, almost throwing fireballs or threatening to blow someone away, literally, and telling Chen they were happy to finally meet him. It was hard to feel so scared when they were welcoming him so far and out of the smiles among them, Chanyeol had the worst Chen had ever laid eyes on, it creeped him out and made him scared he would never see the next day; that eye twitch was oddly adorable though, but second place had to be Baekhyun, whose fingers continued to beam rays of light in his excitement over meeting his new brother. Maybe the transition was so easy because they could feel Chen's energy in the air, they could feel the same signature from the Tree of Life and see the blue life force shifting around him as it spread to mingle with the others. It was hard to believe that Chen could do any real harm to anyone with such a smile, he resembled a small bubbly child.

“What year were you born in,” Baekhyun asked excitedly, for some reason having a feeling that they would be extremely close in age. He could tell just by looking at Chen that he would be a great brother for him and Chanyeol.

“I guess in human years . . . 1992?” Chanyeol and Baekhyun each jumped from their place next to each other and began to cheer loudly, creating complete and utter chaos, this was a regular occurrence of course, before each took a hold of Chen’s hands and tugged him up from his seat and away from Xiumin, dancing him around until his laughter rang out, childish, merry, the tinkling of bells ringing across the atmosphere in an airy melody that caused everyone to physically relax, even Luhan.

Sehun soon merged with their madness and began to dance around with the makeshift party. Kai decided to join in began dancing with Kyungsoo in the mix, while Lay and Suho watched from the two seater couch off to the side, smiling at their brothers, their children. Even Luhan, having been forcefully pried to his feet by a shyly smiling Sehun, was shimmying his hips and laughing as he watched Sehun and Chanyeol make a small ball of fire transform into various shapes in the air and float around from Sehun whistling. Tao purposely threw a small floating orb of dark matter at the floating fire and froze it in mid-flight, laughing with glee as Chanyeol tried to chase him down while in the middle of the rioting bodies, tossing small flames at the boys turned back.

Xiumin watched with small, drooping eyes, a small smile revealing how truly happy he was, but his eyes held the full truth. His eyes told a story of realization and sadness, despair filling the fissure ripping its way straight down his slowly shriveling heartI knew that this day was coming, he thought faintly, watching Chen skip around hand-in-hand with Baekhyun, electricity and light buzzing from their connected hands, I knew I couldn’t be selfish and keep him all to myself, Xiumin continued to watch Chen smile with those perfectly thin lips spreading wide, but it hurts so much more than I thought it would.

Xiumin stood quietly from his seat and stalked away as quietly as he could, keeping his shoulders from slumping, his head from dropping, because he didn’t want to bring notice to himself. He didn’t want Chen to notice and stop smiling, stop enjoying his time with his new family, he didn’t want anyone to bother. Xiumin just wanted to keep everyone happy, even if it meant he would always be sad. It didn’t matter that he felt so completely recycled time and time again, that he could never quite find his own source of happiness, if they were happy, then he was happy too. He had always been that way since he was young. I just want them all to be happy, Kris too, wherever he is.

Among the partying bodies, Luhan spotted his brother walking off down the hall and felt the happiness flood from his insides rapidly, guilt taking its place as his eyes glistened with tears. He did feel bad, extremely bad, for yelling at his brother and making Xiumin feel as if he had to choose one or the other. It was so far from what he wanted. Shoving his way through, Luhan managed to escape his brothers' dancing escapade and step in the direction of Xiumin's retreating back. He knew exactly where his brother was heading, to the star room in their parents abandoned bedroom. The both of them used to go together, but the more attached Luhan seemed to feel to Sehun, the less he went, until he didn't go at all.

I did the one thing to him I didn't want him to do to me, Luhan calculated with his brilliant mind, I love Xiumin so much I've been keeping him by my side for so long without caring about his feelings. I always thought that since he was my big brother, he was mine and no one else's. But, I was wrong. Why am I so stupid? Anyone who heard that thought would protest; Luhan had an IQ higher than any human score could range.

 The tall pretty male moved his weight from leg to leg before deciding what to do first. He turned back towards the partying bunch and sought out his new . . . Brother. That did feel new, a little nice even. Chen was between Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, the trio making their own music. Chen fit. He fit so well that Luhan couldn't remember a day before then, a day without his fit of giggles and his twinkling eyes. The golden eyed boy walked over boldly, he would apologize and stop letting his jealousy get the best of him.

"Chen," Luhan called once he was close enough, and said boy stopped singing and caught eyes with him, blinking in surprise, "I really need to talk to you. Do you mind?" Chen nodded his head and walked away from the others, a trickle of fear running down his spine. His back began to ache as he remember the first time he met Luhan. He didn't want to think about what could’ve happened if Xiumin wasn't there.

Where is Xiumin?

"I wanted to apologize to you," Luhan began, turning to face Chen in the dimly lit hall. Chanyeol and Baekhyun had finally gotten back to lighting the torches all around the manor.

"I'm sorry that I let my emotions get the better of me and I hurt you in the process. I'm sorry that even though I'm apologizing, it will still take me some time to be able to talk to you again. I'm going to be honest with you; Xiumin isn't just my brother, he's my everything. When our parents died and before our grandparents named Suho guardian, Xiumin took care of me. He made sure I was always happy, he made sure that I was safe and warm and that nothing could hurt me, and he told me he would always be there if I needed him, and the thing is, I always needed him. Maybe that's why it hurts talking to you right now, looking at you. You need Xiumin more than I ever will and as much as it pains me to say it, he needs you more than me. And I'm going to be okay with it because I want him to be happy. I want you to be happy too. I just don't want to become a shadow to him." Luhan released a relieved sigh after he finally got everything he had balled up inside to spill from his lips. He stared at Chen and the boy stared back, before stepping closer and raising a hand to press against Luhan's pallid cheek, wiping away the moisture there. It was like dejavu.

"You and Xiumin have something in common. You both cry without feeling it. Why is that?" Chen busied his fingers with wiping away Luhan's tears while the older closed his eyes.

"I don't know." When Chen was finished, he wrapped his arms around Luhan and brought a hand to pat the back of his honey brown locks. Luhan returned the hug in full, his eyes still closed.

"So silly," Chen murmured into his ear, "Xiumin would never forget about you. Never ever ever! He's still going to care for you the same way he did before, and I'll be there to help him. I love Xiumin, and I don't want you to hate me for it."

"I could never hate you. I'll just be annoyed for a few days." They laughed together as they pulled away smiled.

"Do you have a ring?" Chen nodded his head and pulled the shining ring that resembled a scorpion from his pocket. He always carried it around, but never wore it. Luhan took the ring and grabbed his hand, flinching from the electrical shock he received from slipping the ring on Chen's finger.

"Now you can follow Xiumin's energy and find him. Tell him what you told me, and tell him I'm sorry for being stupid. 'Kay?" Chen nodded his head cutely and looked down the lit hallway, a trail of white energy running down the expanse of the hall. Is that his energy? I've never been able to see it so clearly before. Chen could even see Luhan's silver energy whisking around him while a trail of purple seemed attached and hanging on by a strand.

"I'll go to him now," Chen spoke softly while he passed Luhan, "And thank you."

Don't thank me, just go. Make my big bro happy.

Xiumin is his . . . everything? But . . . But I thought . . . That . . . I . . .

Sehun walked into the kitchen and away from the fiesta to catch his breath. He had never meant to listen in on their conversation, he had just wanted to see where Luhan was going. He had wanted to follow since he likes being with Luhan, he likes watching Luhan's big eyes widen and his mouth part into this huge smile when he laughs, he likes it when Luhan is silly and makes him happy by moving things without lifting a finger, he likes to carry Luhan on his back, to feel the pulse of his heartbeat through their clothing, but most of all, Sehun loves Luhan.

Ever since he was smaller, hundreds of years ago, when Luhan used to carry him, Pat his head, and call him Sehunnie. He's loved Luhan for such a long time, but when compared to how long Luhan and Xiumin have been alive, Sehun knows it’s nothing. His feelings have never been noticed. Not once. The youngest of the family ignored the slow crumbling of his heart and sat at the wide scale table, pressing his head to the cool glass and closing his eyes. A light breeze blew around him and throughout the room, if he lost control he could create a tempest and destroy at least half of the house in the blink of an eye. Is it because I'm young that Luhan won't look at me? Is it because I'm not as mature as the others?

"Sehunnie? Are you in here?" The wind twisting around the room stopped. Sehun held his breath as he listened to Luhan enter the room, barely a noise at all, and walk towards him. I don't want to see you right now, knowing you don't want me the way I've always wanted you.

"There you are," Sehun listened to Luhan speak behind him, then the squeak of the chair beside him moving back.

"What are you doing in here?" Sehun didn't want to answer, he wanted Luhan's sweet voice to go away, but the best he could do was lie.

"Just taking a breather." Just trying to get as far from you as I could.

"Oh, well everyone has calmed down now; they've decided to watch TV instead." And what about Xiumin? Since he's all you care about . . .

"Then you can go watch TV with them i-instead of being here." With me. Luhan frowned; Sehun had never told him to go away before.

"Is something wrong?" Yes. You're sitting in here pretending that you could give a about me. That's what's wrong. Sehun opened his eyes to see orbs of gold peering back at him, innocently concerned. I hate those eyes. Luhan inched his arm across the length of the table and gently took Sehun's hand, smiling at the boy as he locked their fingers together. I hate it when you look at me, when you touch me, "You can tell me what's wrong." I can't; you'll never want to look at me anymore or touch me like this.

"It's nothing." I'll stay as nothing.

It’s the only way being like this is okay.

 

 

 

Mian, but the next chapter is the last.