I'm sorry

I'm done

“When will she wake up?”

“Didn’t you want to walk her home? Why did this happen to her?” ‘Hara?’

“I don’t know and I couldn’t because I still had training.”

“But you should have-“

“I didn’t know that something like that would happen!” ‘Key… what is-‘

“Guys! Calm down! We’re in a hospital and Nicole is still unconscious.”

“Yeah, Hyung is right. No one knew that something like that would happen. Hara, you can blame Key for that…” ‘It must be Minho… I guess…’

“Nicole Noona… Wake up…”

“But what was she doing there? That’s not the way to her apartment…”

“I don’t know… She didn’t tell me anything…”

“Secret lover?”

“That’s not the right time for your stupid jokes, Jonghyun.”

 

“Guys? You are way too loud…” I try to say as loud as possible but it just comes out like a whisper. I slowly open my eyes and try to sit up.

“You’re awake!” Key says and helps me.

“Finally!” Hara runs over and hugs me tightly.

“I miss you too. But please… I can’t breathe…” She lets go of me and I smile at her.

“Sorry for making you all worry…” I say looking down at my hands.

“We are all just glad that you are awake.” Minho says and smiles at me.

“Good that you woke up because if you were still unconscious for a few minutes longer I think these two here would continue fighting but with their fists instead with words.” Onew says and we all laugh.

“But what were you doing there, Nicole Noona? Hara Noona said that it’s not the way to your home…” Taemin asks me making everyone stares at me waiting for an answer.

‘What should I say? Well, I chase after a boy or better I tried to chase after a boy and got into an accident? Hara will kill me and won’t let me find him… And Key… We just got together… how can I tell my boyfriend that another boy was and is still continuously on my mind? How can I explain that all to them? They won’t understand me… They all don’t know…’

“Nicole? Nicole!” Hara screams at me. “What were you doing there?”

“I… I…” I try to find any excuses but my mind is blank.

“You don’t have to tell us if you don’t want to.” Key says while holding my hand.

“She has her reasons and her privacy, just let her be. And if you want to talk about it… you can tell us anytime.” He smiles at me and I return it.

‘I’m glad that I have you… But I know Hara will not let this pass so easily… even though she may act like she does…’

I look over to Hara just to see she’s staring at me. “Fine… But better don’t do any stupid things again or getting involved in another accident. I don’t want to lose my best friend…” I smile at her. “You won’t, I promise.”

‘But can I keep all my promises? Maybe I should stop that…’

They stay for a while to keep me company. But soon they all have to leave since it already gets dark outside and the time for the visitors is over.

Key gives me a goodbye kiss before he follows the others out the room. “Call me when something happens, ok?” I nod at him and assure him that I’m fine.

 

-A few days later-

 

They finally let me go home since there is no need for me to stay at the hospital anymore. Key comes to pick me up and Hara actually wants to come too but her grandma’s birthday is today, explains why she is absent.

“Did you remember what the doctor says?” Key asks me as we walk out the hospital.

“Yeah, I remembered everything he said. Don’t worry my head is ok. Just the bandage is still a bit… well, annoying.” I say and scratch at the bandage around my head.

Key pulls my hand down and intertwines our hands. “You will be able to remove this bandage in a few days so until then… be a good girl and don’t scratch your bandage anymore.” He says and kisses my forehead.

“I know… but still…” I lean my head on his shoulder as we walk down the street.

“Be a good girl and try not to do it. Ah! And don’t forget to take your medicine on time and every time your head hurts, arasso?” I look at him and smile.

“Arasso~” I chuckle. “I’m hungry Bummie~ Uhh! Can we go and eat these waffles again? They were sooooo delicious.”

“Okay. Whatever my honey desires.” He pecks my lips before we’re heading to the restaurant near the cinema.

Suddenly I see Jinwoon just a few meters away from us. He is just about to jump on his motorbike when I let go of Keys hand to run and pull Jinwoon at his arm back.

Key who’s running behind me soon catches up with me. “Nicole? What’s wrong?”

The boy that I thought were Jinwoon doesn’t look happy at all. “Ehm… excuse me? Can you please let me go?”

“Oh… yeah, sure. I’m sorry…” I say and bow. The boy just drives away and I can’t stop to look after him.

‘But I was so sure that it was Jinwoon… Ah! My head hurts… I should stop thinking so much.”

“Nicole? Are you ok? Does your head hurt?” Key asks me while looking at me with concern in his eyes. I just nod and hold my head with both my hands tightly.

“Let’s go inside than we can order a glass of water for you so you can take your medicine.” And with that I let Key leads me inside.

 

We don’t talk. We don’t talk about what happened. He doesn’t ask me anything. Not why I run away. Not why I got into an accident. Nothing. Just nothing. We sit there in silence. No one dares to break the awkward atmosphere. No one who tries.

“I’m tired. *sigh* I just want to go home.” I finally say without facing him.

“Okay, then I will walk you home.”

“No, it’s ok. I can walk home by my own.”

“No, you don’t. If you don’t want me to walk you home, fine. But at least let me call you a taxi. I don’t want you to walk alone around.” Key says and calls the waitress to give him the bill and call a taxi for me.

Key helps me to get into the taxi and gives the driver some money after he told him my address.

“Call or at least text me when you’re home, ok? Please.” I just nod without looking at him and I don’t know why. He kisses my forehead and tells the driver to go.

‘What’s wrong with me? My head… It’s really killing me right now. That and the fact that I don’t know what I’m actually doing…’

 

I look out the window, watching the buildings and trees we pass by. The sky slowly gets darker and darker. Clouds turn grey. Leaves are flying across the air carry by the cold wind. And slowly single raindrops fall to the ground before it gets to a heavy rainfall, like a shower that tries to wash all the dirt and bad things away.

‘That’s exactly what I need right now… a shower‘

Soon we arrive in front of the building where my apartment is. I thank the taxi driver and just when I’m about to walk out I see a person standing in front of the building,

‘No, definitely not… This can’t be him… That’s just my imagination again…’

I walk out straight to the building. Every step I make, every time I come closer to that person, his face gets clearer and clearer.

‘That’s him. This time I’m sure. That’s definitely Jinwoon!’

I run over and stop in front of him. Completely wet from the heavy rainfall. “It’s really you…” He doesn’t say anything. He doesn’t run away. At least not this time. He just stands still there quietly looking me in the eyes.

His eyes then shift from mine up to my forehead, probably looking at the bandage around my head, before he looks at me again and opens his mouth to say.

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

~~*~~

 

 

A/N: Hi everyone! I'm sorry that it took me so long to update... A lot of things happened and I totally forgot to update and I also didn't know what to write anymore.. But well.. here is Chapter 9! How do you like it?^^ And for all my subscribers (especially Mianits & maixee) who couldn't wait for Jinwoon to appear :D Although he just appeared at the end for a brief moment... Well, the rest of JinCole will continue in Chapter 10^^

A big thank you to adgjmptw !!! Thank you for the upvote, it means a lot to me(:

And NisaNicole yeah the song is really sweet and I also do love it.. But now Nicole is really no longer a KARA member and Jiyoung will also be leaving soon.. don't know what will happen to KARA now.. But well, the only thing we can do is to support them, right?^^ We can just hope everything will be ok for all of them(:

AND for all my subscribers.. Please tell me what you think about my update! :D Have a nice day!~