The Promise

I'm done

-The next day-

 

*Ring Ring Ring*

 

I wake up and turn off my alarm clock. ‘‘Time for school~’’
I get ready and walk out the building. On my way to school I see a boy on a motorbike. He notices me looking at him and waves his hand. At first I really can’t recognize him but after he put down his helmet I’m able to see that it is Jinwoon. I smile a bit and walk past him. But suddenly he pulls me at my arm back and looks at me.

 

“Why didn’t you stop?”

 

“Why should I?” I asked him and was ready to leave.

 

But then he gives me a helmet and gestures me to sit on the motorbike.

 

“Come on! Or do you want to be late again?” He smiles and puts his helmet on.

I look at my watch and scream “Omo! We have only 5 minutes left?!”

 

“Are you going to sit on the motorbike or just standing there?” He asks me.

I put the helmet on quickly and sit behind him on the motorbike.

 

“If you don’t want to fall down, you shall hold onto me.”

 

“Never!”

 

“Ok. Whatever you want. But don’t say I haven’t told you.” He said and starts to drive to school.

 

As he start to drive I almost fall down but then I wrap my arms quickly around his waist without knowing it. Jinwoon drives faster and faster. I get scared and close my eyes. I hug him even tighter.

 

Suddenly the motorbike stops. I open my eyes and realize that we’re already at school. I get off quickly and return the helmet. I run as fast as I can to my classroom on the second floor. Luckily I just make it in time before our teacher comes in.

 

 

 

 

-After the lesson-

 

It’s break time and I’m on my way to the cafeteria. As I enter the cafeteria, I see Hara waving her hand and wait for me to come. I make my way slowly over to her and sit across of her.

 

“Here! I already bought lunch for you. Even with your favourite strawberry juice and your favourite chocolate cookie.” She smiles very brightly at me.

 

“Ehh... Thank you? But why are you so happy?” I look at her and wait for an answer.

 

‘She is somehow strange. Why did she buy me lunch and even with my favourite juice and cookie? Hmm... Something is really strange. Mabye she wants something.’

 

“Happy? Me? Why shouldn’t I? That’s such a nice day” She laughs awkwardly and then smiles again.

 

“Ok... “ I just nod and begin to eat. But soon I realize that she isn’t eating and only staring at me. “What’s wrong? Have I something on my face?”

 

She shakes her head and leans over the table. She whispers: “Are you really dating someone? If yes that means you have to treat me a whole day, right? Do you still remember our promise? You-”

 

“WHAT?!” I scream and stand up abruptly. Now I realize that almost everyone in the cafeteria is looking at me. I turn back to Hara and sit down slowly.

 

“First. No, I’m not dating. Second. I’m not going to treat you a whole day? Do you want me to live on the street? And third. WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THIS FROM?!”

 

“Calm down! There were just rumors that a few students saw you with another guy. They said that he drove you to school and yeah.. I was just wondering... “ She looks down on the table.

 

“I’m sorry but well... yeah someone drove me to school but I’m not dating anyone. And if yes, you will be the first person I will tell it” I smile and pat her head. “Sorry for yelling at you.”

 

She smiles and shakes her head “It’s ok. Stupid from me” She laughs and starts eating.

 

“By the way I think you are the first person from the both of us who will get a boyfriend first. So you are the person who will treat me.” I point at myself and smile at her.

 

“We will see! Maybe you are the one who will get a boyfriend first so you have to treat me a whole day. Nothing has been decided yet.” Hara smiles and both of us continue to eat.

 

‘A stupid bet we both made a few years ago. Oh my.. when I think about it... we were really silly back then. Both of us haven’t got our first boyfriend yet so we decided to make a bet about who will get her first boyfriend first. The person have to treat the other person a whole day. That means not only what she wants to eat but also what she wants to buy. Like going shopping a whole day. We were-’

 

“But wait! Did really a guy drive you to school?” Hara looks at me with curious eyes.

 

I nod and say: “Yeah, it was Jinwoon. I was on my way to school and I suddenly saw him and yeah.. I was kinda late so he drove me to school” I continue to eat but realize that Hara didn’t say anything to that so I look up to take a look at her.

 

Suddenly she hit me with her spoon on my head. “Ahh! What was that for?” I look at her and pat my head.

 

“For not telling me it earlier and for being so dumb” she says and continue to eat.

 

“I’m sorry but I was late and how should I tell you this earlier? And why dumb?” I pout at her and hope she won’t hit me again.

 

“I don’t know. But I told you that there are a lots of rumors about him and that you should keep a distance from him”

 

“Did you really say something like that before? And aren’t you the one that had a crush on him? Like a year or half year ago?”

 

She looks at me and hit me again. “Who said I have a crush on him? I never had a crush on him. He’s a player and... and... I like someone else...” She blushes and starts to drink her juice.

 

“You what? Can you please repeat it? I couldn’t hear the last part?” I look at her and wait for an answer.

 

“Nothing... “ She says and starts to eat again.

 

“Sure?” I ask her and can’t stop looking at her.

 

“Well,... I just said that I like someone else...”

 

“What? I still can’t understand you. You like...?” I ask and stare at her.

 

“I said I like someone else... “ Hara says and looks at me.

 

I just look blankly at her because I didn’t expect that.

 

'She never told me that she had on eye on someone. She likes someone. She likes someone. SHE LIKES SOMEONE?! Oh god!!’

 

“You like someone? Who is it? How old is he? Since when did you start to like him? Do I know him? In which class is he?” I couldn’t stop asking because I’m so curious.

 

“He’s Junhyung and I think you know him. Maybe not personally but well he is a year above us and so yeah a year older. And since when? I don’ even know...” She says and blushes.

 

“Uhh... I think I know who will win this bet” I say and smile brightly.

 

“I just said that I have a crush on him. I never said that I’m dating him.”

 

“Well... not yet but who knows” I smile brightly at her and continue to eat.

 

 

 

-After break-

 

 

After the break we go our different ways.

 

I’m on my way to my language lesson and I’m totally lost in thoughts.

 

‘English I’m coming! Only one hour left than I will finally see Key again. It’s the only lesson we both have together. Did I ever say that Key’s english is y? Just like everything about him. I-’

 

I bump into someone and fall down on the ground. “Aish! Why do I keep bumping into people?” I say and rub my .

 

“I’m sorry I think it was my fault.” I hear a voice and look up to see who it is.

 

‘I can’t belive it. Right in front of me is Key!! Oh my god! Ottoke?’

 

“Are you ok? Come, let me help you stand up” He says and stretches his hand out to help me.

 

“Y-yeah... T-Thank y-you...” I take his hand and he pulls me up. I bow and apologize to him.

 

“If you don’t mind I will go first. I don’t want to be late for my next lesson.” I just nod and then Key walks away.

 

‘Ohhh... Key... If I could always bump into him, then we could talk more with each other. Awww’

 

“Stop dreaming about that guy. Or do you want to be late again? Huh?” I turn around to see Jinwoon walk past me with a smile on his face while shaking his head.

 

“Who said I was dreaming about him?”

 

“Just look into the mirror and wipe your drool away.” He laughs and walks away.

 

I touch my mouth to see if there is really something but there isn’t.

 

I turn around again and scream “There isn’t anything!”

 

Jinwoon doesn’t turn around or do anything he just continues to walk.

 

*Ding Dang Dong*

 

‘Oh my! I’m late again!! She will kill me!!’

 

I start to run as fast as I can.

 

‘And there she is. Standing in front of the blackbaord. Now she is looking at me with a death glare and the next thing I hear is...’

 

“Detention after school! Same time! Same room!”

 

I just bow and nod “Ne~”

 

I go to my seat and unpack my stuff.

 

‘This isn’t my week. Two days in a row detention?! Oh my... Lucky me. Well I think that was worth it. I was able to talk to Key although it was only for a bit but still. It‘s enough for me.’

 

-After half an hour-

 

‘Only a few minutes left. My next lesson is English and Key will be there. Come on! Why does time go by so slowly?’I want to see Key!!!’

 

 

And finally what I have been waiting for...

 

*Ding Dang Dong*

 

 

I grab my things and storm out the classroom. I run down the hallway and enter the classroom that I have to attend for my English lesson. I’m the first person who arrives and sit on my seat to wait for the others to come. I look at the door and watch the other students come in. And there he is - slowly walking into the classroom with such an angelic smile on his face. He walks past me to his seat a row before me beside the window.

 

“He’s so perfect... “ I say without realizing that someone just sit down next to me because usually the seat beside me is empty.

 

“What is so good about that guy?” The person asks.

 

“Just everything about him is perfect... I wish I could be the person who can always be beside him and watch every single move he makes, to wake up and see this handsome face every day. And to be-“ I stop as I realize that someone is sitting beside me and turn to my right to face a smiling Jinwoon who can’t hold his laughter anymore.

 

‘How dumb can I be? I didn’t even realize he sat down beside me!’

I hit my head with my hand and just bury my face in my hands. Jinwoon, who is sitting beside me, is just laughing and laughing.

 

“Oh my... You really have fallen in love with this guy.” He says and continues laughing. I look at him and say: “What are you doing here by the way?”

 

He calms down and says: “Well, I-“

 

“Good morning class!” Mrs. Lee says as she enters the classroom and makes her way to her desk. She looks in our direction and smiles at me. I return the smile and see how her smile disappears as she looks at the person beside me.

 

‘She is definitely wondering right now, what he is doing right here. I also really want to know-’

 

“Jinwoon, come to the front please!” Jinwoon does what she says and walks to the front. “Introduce yourself to the class.”

 

He bows and introduces himself: “Hello my name is Jinwoon but you can also call me Jinuah or whatever. I just change my English class since Mr. Snow couldn’t stand me anymore.” He smiles a bit and continues: “I hope we get along well. Oh yeah and my other reason is... also why I chose THIS English course is because of my best friend Nicole.”

 

I look around and see everyone in the class is staring at me right now. I look to my right and see Key looking at me with a smile on his face. The students are gossiping and giggling around me.

 

“As you can see we have a new student in our class. From today on he will attend this English lesson and so I hope you all can be nice to him and help him when he needs help.” She turns to face Jinwoon and says: “Well, since you and Nicole are best friends, and beside her is still a seat free, you can sit next to her.”

 

He smiles at her and goes back to his seat beside me. “I have a feeling that we will have a lot of fun together.” He whispers and smiles at me.

 

I just look at him and return a small smile before facing the front again.

I try to ignore all the stares and gossip around me but it’s harder than I expected. Jinwoon instead is smiling all the time and giving me a few little notes.

 

‘What’s wrong with him?! Since when did we become best friends?! Something is wrong with his brain... Definitely! It’s already hard to pay attention because I’m always looking at Key but now since he is sitting right next to me and giving me little notes... How shall I survive this?? And this smiles! Somehow cute.. But wait! What did I just think?? Oh my.. I think something is wrong with MY brain... And Key...’

 

I look at Key and I’m completely in my dreamland. Suddenly I could feel a heavy breath near my cheek and turn around quickly. And then it happens. I accidently touch Jinwoon’s lips with mine. I pull away and face the front again but I could see at the corner of my eye that Key is looking at me so I look in his direction.

‘This kind of expression... I haven’t seen it before. Key never looks at anyone like that before. What’s wrong? Did he just see it?! Oh no!’

 

Key turns around again and listens to the teacher. I don’t dare to look to my right right now because after that I don’t want to face Jinwoon for a while.

 

Soon the bell rings and I just run as fast as I can out the classroom.

In the school yard I stop and try to catch my breath. I text Hara that I can’t walk home with her today and that she doesn’t have to worry about me. I then walk to the same room as yesterday because I still had detention.

 

‘I hope Jinwoon isn’t there...’

 

Before I could walk in Mr Choi stopped me and says: “You are Nicole, right? You have detention today right?” I just nod.

 

“Ok, I will be the teacher for the detention today but since I don’t have much time and since I need someone to clean the sport hall... You are going to do that. So come with me.”

 

I follow Mr Choi to the sport hall. He then gives me all the things I need to clean the whole sport hall and then disappears.

 

‘Well, at least Jinwoon isn’t here.’

 

I start to clean the floor when I suddenly hear footsteps coming towards me. I look up and see Jinwoon standing right in front of me with a smile on his face.

 

“W-What are you doing here?” I ask him and start to blush since I face him.

 

“Well, I have detention this afternoon too. I didn’t see anyone in the classroom so I wanted to go home. But as I was ready to leave again Mr Choi saw me and brought me here. He said we both have to clean the whole sport hall and not to forget to mention also all the equipment.”

 

“Oh… “ That was all I could say. ‘And I thought this day couldn’t be worse...’

 

Jinwoon just smiles and sits on the bench.

 

“Aren’t you going to clean too?” I ask him.

 

“Hmm.. No. Why should I?”

 

“Maybe because Mr Choi said we both have to clean the sport hall?”

 

“Hmm.. You are a girl... You can do it without me, right? That won’t be a problem for you. I will just take a nap then.”

 

‘I couldn’t believe what I just heard. Did he just said I have to do it all ALONE?! This guy wants to die, right?’

 

Jinwoon already closed his eyes. I throw a wet lobe at him. He opens his eyes abruptly and looks at me.

 

“What was that for?!” He asks me while holding the wet lobe.

 

“Well, for being such a pabo! We have to do it TOGETHER. So stand up and help me” I say and continue to clean the floor.

 

I can hear a sigh from Jinwoon and can’t help but smile. I totally forgot about the little accident that we had early.

 

 

-After two hours-

 

 

“Finally finished!” I scream through the whole sport hall.

 

Jinwoon laughs and I shot him a death glare. At this moment Mr Choi comes in and says: “Good job you two! You could do it more often for our school.” He laughs and I just smile. “Definitely…” Jinwoon says and rolls his eyes. Mr. Choi hits his head and tells us that we’re allowed to go home.

 

Outside the sport hall Jinwoon stops me and says: “My motorbike is over there. I can drive you home if you want to. And when you are hungry... Let’s get something to eat!” He then pulls me along to his motorbike.

“Wait! I didn’t agree!” I scream and try to get out of his grip. “I don’t care” He says and gives me a helmet. I give it back to him and say: “But I’m not hungry!” Right at this moment my stomach begins to growl. I blush and look at the ground. “Who said that she isn’t hungry? Come on! Let’s go!” He says and gives me the helmet again. I put the helmet on and get on his motorbike.

 

After a while he stops at a little restaurant downtown. We both get down and walk in. An old lady welcomes us and asks what we would like to have. Jinwoon just ordered two bowl of ramen.

 

“That’s nice to see that you bring your girlfriend along with you” says the old lady to him and then smiles at me.

 

“I’m not his girlfriend! I’m… I’m just a classmate.” I say and look on the table and blush a little bit.

 

“Yeah, she is just a friend. Nicole is her name. Don’t worry I will introduce my girlfriend to you when I find the right one” He smiles at her.

 

I look at him and see that it isn’t the smile or grin that he usually has on his face but a more like friendly one or sincerely smile.

 

The old lady just smiles and says: “Alright then. I will just go and prepare your food now.”

 

Jinwoon notices me looking at him and asks: “What’s wrong? Did you never see a boy being nice to an old lady before?”

 

I shake my head and say: “It’s just… well, it’s the first time that you don’t seem like a bad boy to me. I’ve never seen this nice side of you before. You’re so… different now.”

 

“Well, because I think it isn’t necessary to be nice or friendly the whole time and to everyone even to people I don’t like.”

 

“I really don’t understand you… “ I say without realizing that I just say it out loud.

 

“Well, you don’t have to.” He says and looks out the window.

 

“Why are you so mean the most of the time?” I ask.

 

He turns back and looks at me. “Didn’t I just say that I don’t think that it’s necessary?”

 

“But-“

 

“Let’s just stop the conversation here.” He says and the old lady just comes back with two bowl of ramen.

 

“Here you go~ You two must be really hungry” She says and smiles at us.

 

“Thank you” Jinwoon and I say at the right time and look at each other.

 

“Oh you two are so cute. It’s really a pity that you aren’t dating” She smiles and goes away.

 

Jinwoon just starts to eat and doesn’t pay attention to what the old lady said.

I’m looking at him as he suddenly looks up and looks at me. I abruptly look down and start eating.

 

“I know I’m handsome. No need to stare at me the whole time.” He says and chuckles a bit.

 

“Oh my… you are so conceited. Trust me I’m not looking at your so called ‘handsome’ face”

 

“Whatever.”

 

I look at him for the last time before I continue eating. We both are eating without saying anything at all.

 

After 10 minutes we both are finished with eating. Jinwoon pays for the two bowl of ramen and bids farewell to the old lady before he walks out. When I’m just about to walk out too, the old lady pulls me by my arm back. I turn around and look at her.

 

“I just wanted to say that Jinwoon is a really nice boy. Don’t let his cold appearance or behaviour confuse you. He’s really not that bad. There are just things he can’t or try not to show. I hope you can help him to trust people again. I hope you can break the ice from him. He needs someone… He needs someone like you, Nicole. Please do me this favour.” She says and smiles a little bit at me.

 

“I don’t really understand what you mean. How can I help him when I don’t even know him? And what shall I do to help him? And why does he need help?” I ask her and really don’t know what is going on right now.

 

“Just remember what I just said, Nicole. Please be patient. Time will tell you everything I’m trying to tell you right now. Please just promise me you will try, ok?”

 

I look at her for a while before I nod and say: “Ok… I will try. I promise you.”

The old lady smiles at me and I return it with a small smile.

 

‘But what exactly does all this mean?’

 

 

~~*~~

 

A/N: Hey gus!^^ I'm so sorry that I couldn't upload the last ehmm... 6 months? I'm so so sorry... I hope you can forgive me :3 Well, because I haven't uploaded any chapters for the last few months I decided to write this chapter a bit longer than my other chapters. I think it's more than 3000 words this time :)) Hope you guys like it and comments are loved ;)

I also want to thank my subcribers for still staying with my story "I'm done" :*

And of course I also want to thank my new subscriber bimriean !! Hope you will like my story and maybe give a comment? ;DD

Well, enough said. Have a nice day!^^ And for those who are living in europe... it's almost 1.30 AM... Goodnight!! (: