I'm glad I met you

I'm done

17:09

‘School is finally over!’  I’m on my way home when I decided to go pass the park since it’s a beautiful weather today. I see a lot of people especially happy couples and families.

Parents who are playing with their children, young couples who are on their date on such a beautiful day, but also elderly couples who are just sitting on a bench together and enjoying the moment and presence from the other.

‘Those happy smiling faces… how I wish…’

I just sigh and continue to walk home when something catches my attention.

“Ice cream!” I turn around to see a little girl who is around 5 years old, begging her parents to buy her an ice cream.

I smile at the sight of such a typical family situation where the child wants something and is begging until it gets what it wants. But exactly this reminds me at the time when I took a walk with my parents in the park and begging them for an ice cream every time we passed the ice cream parlour.

“An ice cream wouldn’t hurt anyone right?” I smile and go into the shop to buy my favorite ice cream flavor.

‘Strawberry! Am I crazy? Well, I mean it’s ice cream. Who doesn’t love ice cream?’

As I continue to walk I suddenly see a familiar figure. I can’t see his face so I start to walk near the person just to get a closer look.

‘This stupid helmet… But… This motorbike… These jeans… Didn’t I see it somewhere before? It looks really like… This person reminds me of… Is it… Is it maybe… J-Jinwoon?!’

“Jinwoon!” I scream and the person turns around. But suddenly he jumps quickly on his motorbike and drives away. ‘It must be Jinwoon! But why did he run... well drive away as soon as he saw me? I thought he said we were friends… well I mean he’s actually always the person who approaches me. What is wrong with him?’

I look at my right hand just to see that my ice cream is melting. “Great! Just great...” I push the thought of Jinwoon beside and continue to walk.

 

-At home-

In front of my door my phone suddenly rings. “You’ve got a message.”

I smile as soon as I see who sent me the text message. ‘Key!’

___________________

Key:

Hey! How are you? Are you already at home?(:

____________________

Nicole:

Hi, I’m fine and you? Yeah, I just arrived. What about you?^^

_____________________

Key:

 Yeah,… somehow^^ I’m great. So about tomorrow... Let’s meet at 1PM in the park near the school tomorrow. When it’s ok for you? :)

______________________

Nicole:

“Of course!(:“

’No! No! Wait! I can’t write this...’

Of course!(:

‘Hmm... he shouldn’t get the feeling that I’m too excited…’

Sure(:

‘Oh my… was it too short?’

________________________

 

Key:

Ok then see you tomorrow! :)

_________________________

 ‘Shall I reply? Hmm... Oh! What shall I wear tomorrow?! Omo! I have to call Hara! I need help!! But stop. She is ill… I shouldn’t disturb her when she is resting… What shall I do?’

In my apartment I let myself fall on the couch and think of what I shall do.

‘I think I will text Hara… if I don’t say anything, she will probably hit me again.’

After I texted Hara I go to my wardrobe to search for the perfect outfit for my ‘date’ with Key. ‘Can you call it a date? Is it a date?... Does he think of it as a date?... hmm…’

In my bedroom I look through the wardrobe. I pick my favorite T-shirt and my favorite shorts out my closet. ‘Hmm… but… isn’t it too simple?’

I sigh and let myself fall on my bed without realizing that I’m slowly drifting into my dreamland.

 

*Ding Dong*

 

I wake up by the sound of the doorbell and look at the watch. “22:49… I fell asleep? Who could this be at such a time?”

I walk over to the main door and look through the spy hole to see who it is.

“Open the door now!” ‘It’s Hara.‘ „Yeah, definitely Hara...“ I open the door and Hara storms into my apartment right away with a lot of bags.

“Ehm… hi. Nice to see you too. Please come in. I’m fine, thanks for asking.”

“Sorry. Hi, but we don’t have enough time for it. We have to pick an outfit for you. I brought a lot of things that my mum once bought for me but I didn’t wear it yet. I also went through a few shops on my way to you so you can thank me later when you two are dating. Then you will have to treat me anyways.” She smiles at me and pulls out a few skirts and dresses out her bags.

‘Oh that will be a long long night…’  I smile at her and try on the red dress she just threw at me.

“You look really pretty in that dress!” Hara says as I step in front of her.

“You really think so?” I look at myself in the mirror. “But is it not… too much?”

“Where does he want to take you?” She asks me while looking through her bags.

“Ehm… I don’t know… He wants to meet me at the park tomorrow... at 1PM I think…” I turn around to face Hara.

“This? Try it on!” Hara says and throws it at me.

“Okay…” I catch it and get dress.

“Ehm.. Hara?” “Hm?” She looks at me and I look at her. “Don’t you think that this top reveals too much of my back?”

“I guess you’re right… hehe I think this outfit is more for the club.” She smiles and look through her bags again.

Well and this goes on and on. Hara would throw some clothes at me and I have to try it on.

 

-About 3 hours later-

 

 “I think that is perfect for tomorrow!” Hara says and claps her hands. “You look really beautiful in that dress!” She smiles at me.

I look at myself in the mirror and smile. “I think we found the outfit. It’s not too much right?”

“Not too revealing either. AND you don’t look like you’re a party girl who is about to go to the club.” We both laugh and I’m still looking into the mirror not sure how I shall feel about all this.

‘This dress is actually pretty simple… simple but cute. I think perfect for the first date and also for a day in the park. Well doesn’t the most people say simple and plain is sometimes the best? I think-’

“Nicole? NICOLE!” Hara screams at me.

I turn around quickly and see Hara shaking her head. “Did you hear what I said?”

“Ehm.. no?” I smile sheepish at her. “Sorry... I was somehow absent?”

“You again..“ Hara shakes her head and stands up and walk over to me. “I said… you look beautiful and you don’t need to worry about anything at all. I mean if he let someone as beautiful as you slip away... then he’s really stupid and blind. Come on Nicole! Be more confident in yourself. You will have a great day, a great time with Key and nothing; really nothing is going to ruin it, ok?” She smiles at me and I nod. We both hug each other very tightly.

‘I really have the best best friend on earth! I’m glad that I have her by my side.”

“What would I do without you?” We both let go and I smile at her.

“Well probably wearing a t-shirt and some shorts I guess” She laughs and I look sheepish at her.

She stops laughing and look at me. “Don’t tell me you really wanted…”

“I was just thinking! And no I didn’t!” We both laugh and I look at the clock when I realize that it was almost 2PM.

“Omo! It’s already so late?” Hara lets go of me to turn around to look at the clock.

“No wonder I was somehow hungry” I hit her lightly at her arm and we both laugh.

“Then let’s make some ramen or whatever I still have left in the kitchen” With that we both went to the kitchen to eat.

We both talk and laugh about old memories. How we actually became friends, how heartbroken Hara was when her elementary school crush loves another girl and a lot more.

‘What would I do if I haven’t met her in the first place? She is always there when I need her. She gives me the comfort that I want and the strength to try and keep going on. People really need someone they can rely on and trust. Everyone needs a best friend and I’m glad that I found my best friend years ago. I’m glad I met you.’

 

 

~~*~~

 

 

A/N: Hey! I'm back! I'm so so sorry that I haven't upload anything the last few months... :( But well... I hope you guys like it and I will really try to update as soon as possible since I haven't upload any chapters for a while.. Enjoy it and tell me your opinion below! ;D Have a nice day!~