Mine

I'm done

-The next morning-

 

“OMG! Nicole! Nicole! Wake up! Wake up! You’re going to be late!” Hara shakes me to wake me up.

“What?” I look at her with sleepy eyes. “What time is it?” I ask her while stretching my arms.

“It’s 11:53! You only have an hour! Not even an hour since you still have to walk there! Get up already you lazy !” She hits me.

“Wait! What?!” I look  at the clock on the wall and my eyes widen. “Omo! This can’t be true! Why didn’t I set my alarm clock yesterday?!” I run as fast as I can into the bathroom to take a quick shower and brush my teeth.

As soon as I step out the bathroom Hara pulls me into my room and help me to put the dress on. “Omo! We have to hurry up!” Hara says while she’s putting some make-up on my face.

“Hara, how shall I do my hair?” I whine because I’m too nervous.

‘I’m going to be late! I’m going to be late! I’m going to be laaaaate! Why does it have to happen to me?! That’s so… ARGH!!’

 “Your hair is fine the way it is. Don’t worry” She says and gives me her lip gloss so I can put it on myself while she’s putting my necklace on for me.

“So finished! Put on your shoes and don’t forget to take you bag with you!” She says while she’s putting on her own shoes. “Let’s go! We already have 12:39! Come on!”

I take my bag and run out the apartment with Hara. I look at my wristwatch and run faster and faster. “It’s 12:43!”

“Just run! Don’t look at your watch! RUUUN!”

 

As we both arrive at the shop window of the little boutique on the opposite side of the park entrance we stop to try to catch our breaths.

“There… He… is…” Hara says while trying to breath as normal as she can.

I look at the park entrance to see Key standing near the gate with a smile on his face.

‘Is he that happy? Does he really smile because he can’t wait to see me?’  I look at my wristwatch. “12:57”

Hara puts both of her hands on my shoulders to turn me around so I face her. She looks at me and smiles.

“You look beautiful. Now I can let you go. Hurry up!”

“You sound like a mother who has to let go of her child.” We both laugh and hug each other before I slowly walk over to Key.

“Hey! You stop there!” I turn to my right to see a guy running pass me while about 5 or 7 men chasing him.

’Isn’t it Jinwoon?’  I’m about to run after them when suddenly someone pulls me by my arm back.

“What are you doing? Are you ok?” Hara looks worried at me.

“I… Yeah, I am.” I look to my left to see if they were still there but they were already gone. I face Hara again and ask her. “Don’t you think that boy that just got chasing looks like Jinwoon?”

“Are you serious? You are thinking of him right now? Come on Nicole! Your crush, your dream is only a few steps away from you and you almost run away from it because of Jinwoon?! Are you kidding me?!” She looks at me with the word disbelief written all over her face.

“I… I just… but… he…” I really don’t know what to say anymore.

‘I don’t even know why I actually care for him. Maybe… maybe because of the promise? Or-’

“Nicole, look” Hara says calmly. “Didn’t we already talk about this? Nothing, really nothing is going to ruin your day, ok? I won’t let you run away and left your chance to get this handsome boy over there. So forget Jinwoon and enjoy your date. This day is exactly what you always wanted. And it finally came true so don’t let it slips away. Don’t do anything stupid just to regret it in the end.”

I look Hara in the eyes and I know she is right. I look at my left for the last time and face Hara again and nod. “You’re right. I won’t let anything ruin this day. I won’t give up. I’m sorry and… thank you.”

She smiles at me and says. “What are friends for? Silly.. just go! He’s waiting for you. It’s 13:09 now. Go and get him!” We both laugh and I start to walk over to Key.

I turn around the last time to wave at Hara and take a deep breath before I continue to walk.

 

‘He still didn’t see me yet. Oh my… Do I really look ok? My heart is beating really really fast right now. I have the feeling that I could get a heart attack any minute. Take a deep breath Nicole… Everything is going to be fine.’

Now I’m standing behind him and right then when I just wanted to tap on his shoulder he turns around.

“Hey! You are here!” He says and smiles at me.

‘I swear he has the most angelic smile on earth! Ahh! I’m melting!’

“H-Hi… Did you wait long?” I smile at him.

“No, I just arrived.” He smiles and stares at me.

‘What’s wrong? Why is there suddenly an awkward silence? He is staring at me! Oh no! Do I have something on my face? Please not! That’s so embarrassing! Ahh!’

“Ehm… Is something wrong?” I ask him.

‘Seems like a just brought him back to reality…’

“What?... Oh no… I just… I-I… You look really beautiful today.” He smiles at me. “You always do… just… today very special.”

I can’t help but blush as soon as I heard it so I look away.

“Let’s go for a walk in the park?” He asks me and I nod.

We walked a while just in silence. No one tries to say a thing. There were a few times we accidently look at each other at the same time but we would just laugh and look away again.

‘We walked more than half an hour now… Doesn’t he want to talk with me?... Shall I ask him something? But what?’

“It’s boring, right?” I look at Key who is looking at me with a smile on his face.

“Hm? No! It isn’t! It’s just… it’s just really quiet…” I laugh a little bit and look away.

“To be honest it’s the first time for me to ask a girl out and… well… I’m really bad at starting a conversation.” He laughs and looks at the ground.

I just look at his face and try to remember every little thing about him, the way he smiles, the little scar above his eye, just everything.

Suddenly he looks at me. “Is something?” He asks me.

“No! No! I… nothing… really nothing…” I look at him and smile.

‘Although he thinks it’s kind of boring that we actually don’t talk very much… But I somehow like it. Just to know that he is spending his time with me… Just to be so close and watch every single moves and facial expressions he makes is actually enough.’

“I don’t really know if you like those kinds of movies but I heard my mum talked with her friends about it and they really liked it so I thought we could watch that new movie if you want to.” He says to me. “To be honest I totally forgot what the title of the movie was…” He laughs sheepish and scratches the back of his head.

I just laugh at his cuteness and nod. “I would love to.”

‘Oh my… he seems to be nervous. Maybe even more than I am. But that’s really cute. But… he is so different now… different from the time we talk in school… or in front of his friends… But I like this side of him.’

The time passes and we both just walk in the park. After a while we sit down on a bench near the pond and just talk about stupid things. The atmosphere gets a lot better and I can feel that we both feel more comfortable around each other now.

‘I can’t remember the last time I laugh so much. We really have a lot of things in common.’

 

We then go and watch the movie he suggest or better actually his mum somehow. It’s actually not very crowded but the fact that there are only couples makes me nervous.

‘A couple there… another couples over there… will he try to hold my hand? Oh my… now even a couple is sitting right in front us… Do they really have to kiss now?...’

“I will go to the restroom for a bit” Key says and I smile at him. “Okay.”

As soon as he walked away my phone suddenly rings. It’s Hara.

__________________

Hara:

Hey! How is it so far? :)

___________________

Nicole:

Actually good(: We are in the cinema right now.

____________________

Hara:

Is he beside you right now?

_____________________

Nicole:

No, he just went to the restroom. But in the cinema are only couples and it makes me really nervous right now!

______________________

Hara:

Hey, calm down! Isn’t it good? Maybe he will make his first move ;)

______________________

Nicole:

Do you think so? But it’s so weird. Around us are so many couples and we are the only ones who aren’t.

______________________

Hara:

Trust me, it’s a good sign. So don’t worry and enjoy it(:

_______________________

‘Is it really a good sign?’

“Hey!” Key says as he sits down next to me. “Good, that the movie doesn’t start yet.” He looks at me and smiles.

I just return the smile and look at the front. The movie soon starts and the couples cuddle closer to each other, holding their partner close in their arms.

‘This is going to be a very long movie I guess…’

 

‘The movie itself is actually a really good one. It’s about a girl whose dream is to become the girlfriend of one of the most popular boys at her school. Sounds similar somehow… But there is this one guy who makes everything more difficult than it already is… Why does this remind me of me right now? Well, the first part actually… but the other part about that second guy is…hmm…’

‘A kiss scene.’  I look around me just to see that almost every couple has to do the same thing. ‘Kissing… no not even the couple in front of us…’

I look to my right to see what Key is doing but he seems to feel uncomfortable too. ‘Guess I’m not the only one who thinks that it’s weird…’

Suddenly he looks at me and we both start to laugh. Soon after that the movie ends and we both just look at each other and smile.

We walk to a little restaurant near the cinema and sit down at a table by the window.

“Do you want to eat something?” Key asks me as soon as we sit down. “They make really good waffles here even with ice cream.” He smiles at me and I have to laugh a little bit.

“If you already recommend it then I would love to try it.” I say and smile at him.

“Good.” He says and the waitress just comes to take our order.

We talk about the movie at first but then slowly the topic changes and we are talking about his friends, my friends and we tell each other about funny incidents that once happened to us.

Soon the waitress comes back with two plates of waffles with vanilla ice cream on top.

‘I have to admit that this is really the best waffles with ice cream I ever ate!’

Key chuckles. I look up at him and wipe my mouth with a tissue.

“You don’t have to eat so fast. If it’s that delicious I can order another plate for you.” He says and smiles at me. “I’m glad you like it.”

I blush and look on the table. ‘How embarrassing! Hara just told me yesterday that I should be careful not to eat like a pig and now… Ahhh!’

I look up again and smile. “No, it’s ok… I’m sorry… I guess I just haven’t eaten waffles with ice cream on top for so long. It’s really delicious and this place is really nice.”

We both just laugh at each other and then continue to eat.

After we finished he wants to walk me home but no matter what I say he insists of walking me home.

“How can I let a girl walk home alone at this hour?” He says and smiles. “Am I not supposed to do that as a guy?”

 

I just smile and give in. We both start to walk to my apartment in silence. It somehow gets pretty cold for a summer night. Autumn is probably just coming soon. Key suddenly puts his jacket around my shoulders.

‘Seems like he notices it…’  “Thank you…” I look at him and smile.

“No Problem.” He smiles.

‘His smile is really… ‘

 

- After 15 minutes-

 

“We are here… My apartment is on the fourth floor.” I say and look at him.

“I guess it’s a goodbye for now.” He smiles at me.

I nod and look at the ground. ‘Shall I just say goodbye and go? Or what am I supposed to do in such a situation?...’

Suddenly his hands are holding my face and lift my head up so I look him in the eyes.

I have the feeling everything around me just stops for a second. The cold wind just blows through the trees; the only light from the streetlight is shining on us and everything, just really everything on this earth stops.

His face comes closer and closer and I just close my eyes, expecting what every girl would expect. But his lips just softly touch my forehead. As soon as his lips left I open my eyes. He looks me in the eye and smiles.

“I’m sorry if I disappoint you. If it wasn’t what you expected.” He says and let his hands fall down beside him. “I really want you to be my girlfriend. But I don’t want to scare you away by doing everything too fast.” He then takes my hands in his.

“You don’t scare me away and it’s not too fast.” I smile at him and he returns the smile.

“So…?” I ask him, let him look at me with a confuse expression.

I smile back at him as soon as he smiles at me, knowing that he understands what I tried to say.

“Will you go out with me, Nicole? Be my… girlfriend?” He asks me and I nod smiling brightly at him.

He smiles at me and hugs me very tightly so do I. Then he pulls away and looks at me. I think he exactly knows what I really want at this moment to complete my day so he asks me carefully. “I… Is it ok for you? Can I-”

I nod, not even letting him complete his sentences. Then he smiles at me and leans closer. And soon his soft lips touch mine.

‘It’s a sweet and romantic kiss with the taste of vanilla ice cream. I can really say that it’s the best day that I had for a long time.

I can proudly say, I’m his and this boy here is mine.’

 

 

~~*~~

 

A/N: Next update! ;D And I really wanna thank my new subscribers!! Thank you very much!^^

SweetMelody123

elsamonica

k_pop_lover_89_91

jkzy1992

Choi_YeonRa

adgjmptw

Hope you will continue reading my story and maybe give a comment? ;D Yeah, I'm really thankful and I hope I won't disappoint you guys... :3 Have a nice day!~