Goodnight

I'm done

Chapter 10

 

We both enter my apartment. Jinwoon sits down on the sofa quietly while I put my bag in my bedroom. Just as I come back he looks up at me making me feel uncomfortable under his stare.

“Ehm… Do you want to drink something?” I ask him looking at the ground.

“I can get myself something to drink but you should better change your clothes. You just came back from the hospital and if not you will probably get sick.”

I look down at my clothes and just realize that they are really extremely wet. “I’ll be back in a few minutes.” I say before turning around to walk back to my bedroom.

“I will wait” He says making me stop for a minute before I continue to walk.

‘He will wait. He will wait for me…’

 

I go to the living room and sit down beside Jinwoon. He drinks a bit of his water before he puts it down and gives me a cup with tea.

“Here. I thought it’s better if you drink something warm so you don’t get sick.” He says without looking at me. I thank him and take the cup he’s holding.

I drink a bit not really knowing how to start a conversation.

“You-“ We both say at the same time. “You first.” We say looking at each other and laugh.

“Ladies first.” He says and smiles a little at me.

“How did you know that I would come home today?”

“I didn’t. I just waited.” He says looking at his hands.

“How long?” I ask looking at him while he plays with his hands.

“Just a bit. Not really that long.” He faces me now and smiles.

“Can you answer me honestly?” I ask him and he nods.

“Why did you run away every time I call you?” Now he’s looking at his hands again staying quiet.

“It’s better you don’t ask me this question again.” He finally says after a while still not facing me.

“But why? I really don’t know what’s going on in your mind or in your life. I don’t know what happened but I can’t stop thinking that it’s something bad and… and the old lady in the restaurant where we used to eat ramen… I just want an explanation, Jinwoon! You agreed to tell me the truth. You agreed to answer me honestly!” I look at him expecting him to say something or just to see any kinds of reactions from him. But no sign of anything at all. He just sits there looking at his hands before he stands up and walks to the main door.

“Where are you going? You didn’t answer me yet.” I stand up waiting for him to turn around and he does.

“I already stayed here longer than I should. Trust me. You don’t want an answer. It’s better I leave now before I cause you any troubles.” He says and walks out the door.

I follow him down. “Jinwoon! Wait! Answer me! I do want an answer! Jinwoon!”

But he already drives away on his motorbike.

I sigh and turn around to walk to the elevator.

“Oh! Nicole you’re back! Did you meet the boy who was waiting for you the last few days?” A man asks me as he comes out the elevator. He’s the caretaker of this building.

“Yeah, I… Wait… The last few days? He waited for me the last few days?” I ask him confuse since Jinwoon told me something different.

“Yeah, he was here since Tuesday? He waited for you in front of the door for a few hours a day and he always comes back the next day.”

“Oh… thank you for the information.” I smile and bow at him before I get into the elevator.

‘He waited for me the last few days? Didn’t he know that I was in the hospital? Why? He could visit me there. Why did he even lie to me about how long he waited?...’

 

As I enter my apartment and close the door behind me, I hear my mobile rings. I walk into my bedroom to get my mobile out my bag. But as soon as I reach out for my bag it stops.

‘It probably isn’t so important… I will just take a quick shower… or a bath?’

I walk into the bathroom and turn on the water to fill the bathtub.

‘Shall I tell it Hara? No, she will definitely be against it…

Completely deep in my thoughts, in my own world, I don’t hear the anything beside the water that is coming out of the water tap.

 

*Nicole’s mobile phone is ringing again and again. It’s Jinwoon.*

 

As soon as I step out the bathroom, I hear the door bell and without thinking much I just walk towards it to open the door.

“Key?”

He storms into my apartment and pulls me into a tight embrace after he slams the door.

“Thanks God you’re safe.” He sighs and holds me even tighter.

“Key, what are doing here? And why-“

“Do you know how crazy I was when you didn’t answer my calls or messages? I told you to at least text me when you’re home!” He lets go of me, holds me at my shoulders and looks me deep in the eyes.

“I-I’m sorry… I totally forget about that… I just-“ I look down and see my only towel that was wrapping around my body is now on the ground.

‘What the.... Ah! I just came out the bathroom! I should have change before I open the door!!!’

“Hey, why-“ Key asks me and then stops probably just realizes it too. “Eh.. ehm… sorry!” He then quickly turns around, his back facing me.

‘What an embarassing situation! Ah!!!’ I quickly pick up the towel and wrap it around my body.

“I-I will just… I will just change quickly.”

“Oh.. yeah… “ I hear Key says but I’m already on my way to my bedroom.

 

In my bedroom I quickly change into my clothes and just want to check how many calls and text messages Key sends me. But there aren’t just missed calls from Key but also from Jinwoon and an unknown number.

*knock knock*

“Nicole?” I turn around to see Key standing at the door frame and out of sudden I hide my phone behind my back.

‘Why do I have to hide it?’

“I’m sorry for disturbing you at night like this but… I was just worried that something may happen to you again...” He comes closer and is now standing in front of me.

“Although we are not that long together now… I have a feeling that you are already drifting away from me…” He looks down and sighs.

“I hope I don’t ask you for too much… and I don’t want to get on your nerves! I.. I just want you to stay by my side… You are precious to me…” He looks at me and tries to hold my hands but I was holding my phone behind my back so I just take a step back.

His hands that reach out for me just fall back to his sides. Key looks at the ground and smiles. But that is not how he usually smiles.

He looks back at me, into my eyes and I can see how much I hurt him with my actions.

‘I didn’t mean to…’

“I guess I have to go now.” He is waiting for an answer but I don’t know what to do or to say at that moment because I couldn’t stop blaming myself for hurting him so I just look at the ground blankly and before he turns around to go he says, “Goodnight Nicole.”.

I look up and now at his back that is facing me, slowly walking out my bedroom. I open my mouth several times, I want to scream for him to stop but somehow nothing wants to come out.

I let my phone fall and run out, hugging him from behind to prevent him from walking any further away from me.

He unwraps my arms around his waist and turns around. I look at the ground, not dare to look at him. His hands slowly make their way to my face and he holds it gently in his hands.

“I-I…” Nothing wants to come out my mouth. My mind is full of things, things I want to tell him, things I want to explain to him but I can’t.

Key holds my face a bit higher so our eyes meet.

Tears slowly forming in my eyes, making it hard for me to hold it back. “Key, I-“

He kisses me, gently and softly.

He prevents me from talking, just like he knows what I’m about to say.

‘Key, I’m sorry…’

I close my eyes and a tear falls down my cheek.

 

~~*~~

 

A/N:

Hello!~ I'm so so sorry that I only upated now >~< Please don't hit me for that... It's been a while that I updated because I just totally didn't have any ideas or motivation back then... But I'm back and I will try to update more from now on! Promise!!! I've been away from asianfanfics for so long that I'm still a bit unfamiliar with the new design and so... so if did any mistakes or whatever pls forgive me :3

I hope you enjoy this new chapter that you've been waiting for so long... again! I'm really really sorry :((

Please let me know what you think about it and if I disappoint you...

And a BIG THANK YOU to all of you, all my subscribers who are still here with me! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! <3 <3 <3 

Have a nice day!~

 

P.S: Did you already hear it? Nicole is going to debut soon!! She will be back!!! ^o^ <3