Before the Break Up (Gongchan's POV)

Gongchan is My Ex-Boyfriend

Few days before the break up...

 

Gongchan's POV

 

Ah!! Eotteoke?!

 

Flashback...

 

"Can Gongchan-ssi have a girlfriend?" ask Hyungdon hyung to the fans while in a show.

 

"Aniyo! He can't!" most of the fans shouted.

 

"Hahaha, wae?" Hyung asked.

 

"Because Channie and the other members are only ours!"

 

"What will you do if you found out that they already have a girlfriend?"

 

"We will make sure that they will break up."

 

"Looks like B1A4 have some posessive fans! Kekeke."

 

End of Flasback...

 

Ah!!! Eotteoke!! This is the bad part of being an idol, I can't have a private life!

 

I remember before when Darlings (Dal Shabet's fans club) and BANA (our fans club) fought because of 'too much skinship' we had with Dal Shabet. It was a scandalous rumor. That's why I'm afraid for Ria.

 

The day before the break up...

 

I made up my mind.

 

I really don't want to do this but it's for her safety.

 

"Gongchan-ah! Ya! Gongchan-ah!" I didn't notice that Jinyoung hyung was calling me.

 

"Oh, hyung what is it?"

 

"Ugh, finally. Come here for a while."

 

"Wae?"

 

"Listen to this, I want to use this for our upcoming album, what do you think?" He asked me nervously.

 

"Uwa! Daebak! Hyung the rhythm and the beat is great!!"

 

"Oh! Jinjja?!" Jinyoung hyung asked me with relief.

 

"Ne!"

 

"Then, what can you say about the lyrics?"

 

He handed me a paper with many erasures, it's obviously his draft.

 

Huh. Don't do, don't go
repeating the same words.
I call, call, call out to you
but it's still an answer-less echo.
This nightmare of a night.
I remain alone and fall asleep
in place of my dried up tears,
are thin lines of rain, yeah.

My heart is hurting more.
My tears are drying more.

 

Great. Just great.

 

"Uh, Channie. Are you alright?" Hyung looked at me with worried eyes.

 

"Huh? Ah! Ne! I was just, uh, moved by the lyrics."

 

I went to our room and got some paper and a pen. I unconciously wrote some words to the paper.

 

I was amazed with what I wrote! I can't believe I did this!

 

I tell myself that everything will be okay now
And I called up my friends but
Why am I only talking about you?
What am I doing?
Is this really the right thing to do? I don't know.

 

"Channie-ah, what's that?" Jinyoung hyung.

 

"Nothing hyung. Just a piece of paper."

 

"Let me see."

 

"Wait!"

 

Before I knew it, the paper is already in his hands.

 

"Wow! Who wrote this? It's good! I can use this as a part of the song!" Hyung exclaimed.

 

What can I do, he's the leader. He knows what is best for the group. I just go to my bed and cry silently while reminiscing all the memories Ria and I had.

 

The last day of their relationship...

 

I prepared what I needed, shades, to hide my red and puffy eyes, hoodie. Jamsimanyo (wait) where's my hoodie?

 

I went to the living room and ask hyung the whereabouts of my hoodie. It's rare for me to forget the location of my things but I guess, it's because I was really distracted.

 

Before I leave the dorm, I saw a small box on my bag. It's a jewelry box. It's my gift for Ria since it's our anniversary today. Sad to say but I did keep her from the public but now I don't think I can do this anymore. I'll erase all her text messages and pictures on my phone, I will erase her from my life and keep distance for her own good.

 

I went to the coffee shop we often meet. Most people who comes there are old so they probably don't know me.

 

I saw her there, pretty as always. Wearing simple clothes.

 

She came near me and hugged me.

 

I hugged her as tight as I could because I know this will be the last. I will really miss her. :(

 

"Ria-ah, we have to talk."

 

"Sure Oppa. What is it about?"

 

This is really it.

 

"Let's break up."

 

"Excuse me? Please don't say those kind of things, it's not funny." She said anxiously.

 

"Ria-ah. I'm serious. Let's break up." I tried my best to say it in a serious manner.

 

She was shock with what she had heard and she's now crying. Stop it Ria, you are making it hard for me. Her tears are my weakness so quickly look away.

 

"Let's forget about everything and be a stranger to each other. I'm sorry Ria-ah. Goodbye."

 

The tears I've been trying to hold back fell down continuously. It really broke my heart when she cried.

 

I left her there alone with shattered heart. I'm sorry Ria. I love you.

 

~~~

That picture is the first picture of Ria in Gongchan's phone.