Chapter 5 - Realization; A New Path

Unearth

 

Nichkhun’s POV

 

I didn’t know where I was running to, I was just running. If I was looking back on it, I would say I was running away from my problems. Why couldn’t I ever a win a fight against Chansung’s boyfriend? Why couldn’t I win?... W-why did I even hate Chansung so much to begin with… Because he’s gay… but… don’t say it Nichkhun… but I-I-I’m…

“Hello Nichkhun!” That sweet voice was a blessing.

I turned around, it was that Wooyoung boy.

“Please go away” I said softly, I didn’t really want him to go away.

“Aniyo!” He pouted and sat down right next to me, “You always seem so sad, Can I help?”

“No… go away.” Why did I keep saying that, I wanted him to stay.

He frowned, “A-araso…”

“NO wait!” I stood up, “I-I… mianhae”

He smiled and grabbed my hand, “Gwenchana!”

Man his hand felt so good, it felt so smooth, it felt like our hands were puzzle pieces destined to be together, it felt… what am I saying?

He chuckled.

“What?” I asked.

“You think too much! You look funny!”

My cheeks warmed up. Was I blushing?

“So tell me what’s wrong?!” he finally said.

I don’t know why, but I felt the urge to spill out all my feelings without thinking. I thought I could trust this Wooyoung, he made me feel… good. I thought he could help me with my anger that seemed to never go away.

“I-I… I h-hate this boy, and I beat him up. I cause him so much pain and it feels good” my hands started to shake.

Wooyoung took a step back, I could tell he was scared but he wanted to know more.

“W-why do you hate him?” he asked.

I thought about. I used to say I hated him because he was gay, but the way Wooyoung was making me feel, the way Chansung made me feel at first…. I… didn’t know what was going on.

“I-I-I…” I was stuttering.

“It’s okay” Wooyoung took a step closer. At first I flinched, from being on edge, from finally getting down deep, but afterwards Wooyoung took a hold of my hand and everything felt alright.

“Do you have feelings you can’t explain?” he asked as we were face to face.

I nodded.

He chuckled and sighed, “I did too…”

Was this really happening? Was I really about to admit that I was… NO I can’t!

I let go of Wooyoung’s hand and pushed him with full force onto the grass, “G-get the away from me!” I started to slowly step away from the scene.

“Nichkhun! Wait!” his eyes were watery. I think I hurt him much more than I thought, “I’m not going to hurt you! I’m just trying to help”

My hands started to shiver, and I was starving for Wooyoung’s touch. I reached for my eyes to cover my falling tears. I knew I couldn’t push him away any longer. I couldn’t push this away any longer.

“Khun…” his sweet sweet voice.

Khun? Khun??? That sounded good.

“That sounds good I admitted” my voice raspy.

I looked up at Wooyoung who I didn’t know anything about and just met the other day, yet I felt like he understood me more than anyone in the entire world ever has.

He smiled, “I like it too”

I reached out to grab his hand, I needed it. He gladly accepted it and walked in closer to me.

It was silent for a few minutes. We listened to wind rustle the leaves in the trees and it whisper nothing into our ears. Wooyoung and I… we stood there hand in hand for what seemed an eternity as the wind began to wash out my problems from one ear out the next. It was time…

“I-I-I”

Wooyoung looked at me eyes wide.

“I-I’m gay…”

I looked off into blank space as everything from existence had faded. It was out in the open now. That was my realization… I was gay. I was gay… I was… gay. Tears slid down from my eyes.

Wooyoung’s warm hand began to wipe away my fallen tears, “It’s gonna be fine, I promise” he said.

And I believed him…

 

Chansung’s POV

 

I was so tired. I was sitting on the couch in the living room next to Junho, my head resting on his shoulder. I could feel where each of my bruises were as they pulsed on the surface of my skin.

“Uhh…” I moaned from discomfort.

“Chansung-ah…” Junho looked at me in worry.

I just gave him a nod that I was fine. I mean I was fine after all I was still breathing. Though during that moment when Nichkhun was attacking me, I’ve never felt more terrified in my life. He was savage, ruthless; it hurt so badly.

“I like him…” Junho said changing topics.

“Huh?”

“Taecyeon… I approve. You can date him” Junho smiled trying to lighten up the situation.

“Hyung stop… I don’t even know if…” sadness rushed over me “if he likes me like that”

“WHAT?! Are you serious?! He saves you from being attacked, rushes you home to me, takes care of all your wounds, is out right now buying you medicine and food with his own money, and you guys just met the other day! You have got to be kidding me Chansung! Of course he likes you!”

I smiled. Just the thought of Taecyeon being my… boyfriend was nice. My cheeks got warm.

“I’m back!” Taecyeon’s loud deep voice reigned supreme through the apartment. My cheeks got even warmer. His voice tickled my ears

“Hey!” Junho waved as Taecyeon entered the room. He bowed to Junho to show his respect.

“Yah! There’s no need for that. If anything I’m in debt to you!” Junho explained.

“Ah… no need” Taecyeon shook his head and headed to me. He pulled out a bottle of water and a container of pills. He popped out 2 pills and unscrewed the bottle of water.

“Pain-killers… open wide!” Taecyeon said.

I obliged and he gently placed the pills on my tongue. My heart was beating fast; his face was so close to mine as he brought the water bottle to my lips. I titled my head back, swallowed and moaned. I don’t know whether I moaned because of the effort it took to swallow the pills, or the satisfaction of Taecyeon being so gentle with me. Junho was snickering, but Taecyeon had a serious look on his face.

“Gwenchana?” he asked.

“Ne…”

He smiled, “Good… hungry?”

“NE!”

Both of my hyungs laughed and I jutted my bottom lip out.

“Aish Chan! Quit with the aegyo! When the hell did you get so cute!?” Junho scowled.

 

Wooyoung’s POV

 

Nichkhun and I hadn’t moved. We had been at this park for hours and we were… still holding hands. I blushed. The moment I met him, I had instantly been attached to him. I went home that night with thoughts of his face rushing through my mind, the only thing was I could tell that he was deeply unhappy… unhappy and angry. That’s when I took it upon myself to help him, I was scared at first, but in the end I was happy of the result.

“I-I think you need to apologize to… his name was Chansung?” I said.

Nichkhun nodded.

“Though you didn’t mean to hurt him, you still to apologize, even though an apology isn’t going to do much”

Nichkhun just looked at me, nodded and sighed, “I’m a horrible person aren’t I?”

“Aniyo… you just have a lot you need to be forgiven for. You aren’t a horrible person Khun, believe me” I smiled.

He returned a smile, but it was weak.

“I’ll help you” I held out my pinky for a pinky promise.

Nichkhun twisted his pinky around mine and smiled, “gomawo”.

We sat there and looked into each other’s eyes, my world easily intertwining with his. Our stars and constellations were together in one sky.

“C-can I try s-something?” he said.

I nodded.

Ever so slowly he moved his head towards mine; I closed my eyes feeling the anticipation. He stopped right at my lips, a millimeter between us. I could feel his heartbeat, his breath, his anxiety… He closed the gap.

He was so gentle, which was strange, but I liked it… no I loved it. He was always such an aggressive guy, but he was treating me like I was glass, fragile. His warm lips melted us together; it was like ice cream being left outside on a hot summer day, I was strawberry, he was chocolate. He tasted sweet too, it was perfect. He backed away and I opened my eyes, he was slowly opening his.

He grinned, “I-I don’t think I’ve felt anything better.”

I reddened and look down to the grassy field.

“Look at me” he said.

I was embarrassed but I looked up.

“Why do I feel like I’ve known you forever?”

I smiled… it did feel that way.