chapter fifteen

How to Save a Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

-Chapter Fifteen-

Inconsistent

 

 

 

People all screw up, they commit mistakes, they feel guilty, they regret and then they apologize. We all wish that we could be stronger to get through all of it. Heck we wish we are all perfect.

 

If there would be one thing that Jiyong could never do and would never do in his life that would be lying to his parents. He can’t bear with the thought of fooling his beloved parents and they never even thought him how to lie. Never.

 

He placed the chopstick down as he grabbed his glass of water and drank it. He wiped his lips with the back of his hand as he lifted his gaze staring at his parents who were still eating. ‘Mom, Dad,’ he breathed out as both glanced at him waiting for him to continue what he was going to say.

 

He opened his mouth for a moment then clamped it together as he stared at them thinking of the right words needed and how much information should be spilled. ‘Well…’ he started. ‘I was chosen by the school as this year’s exhibitor for the international exhibit that will be held in Edelweiss Gallery,’

 

‘Really?’ his father asked. He nodded. ‘That’s great! I mean that exhibition is really famous!’ his father said as he looked at his wife as they smiled and congratulated him. ‘I know. I’m honoured,’ he smiled. ‘But here’s the thing,’

 

His parents stared at him as he let out a sigh. ‘I will be gone here for three months,’ he said. ‘Three months?’ his mother asked as she glimpsed at his husband before staring back at him. ‘They think I am too young for this and that pressure my take over me so they assigned someone to be my guide and well we decided that it will be easier if we live together,’ he explained fist clenching out of nervousness.

 

‘Okay… so who is this guide of yours?’ his mother asked though she was still processing everything that she heard. ‘Ms. Park…’ he answered. ‘Park Sandara,’ he added as they were consumed by silence. ‘The famous architect?’ his father asked. ‘Choi Seunghyun’s fiancée?’

 

Jiyong felt his chest constricted as his fist clenched. Why do they keep on referring her as Choi Seunghyun’s fiancée when the guy was dead, when the engagement was obviously off? ‘Well yes…’ he gritted as he breathed in trying to relax himself. ‘She’s my painting teacher,’ he added trying to divert his attention.

 

His parents both glanced at each other as they looked at him. He stared at them waiting for their decision. They gave him a smile as they nodded. ‘I guess I have to be apart with my baby boy for three months,’ his mother said ruffling his hair as Jiy0ng smiled. ‘Son, if it’s for the best who are we to stop you? Besides I believe this will help you improve more right?’ his father asked as he nodded.

 

‘Be sure to return to us after three months,’ his mom chuckled. ‘Mom!’ Jiyong exclaimed. ‘Come on guys I will still visit you here, the food here is awesome and you guys are the best parents,’ he grinned at them as they laughed. ‘Try also bringing here Ms. Park so we can thank her for taking care of you for three months,’ his mom smiled as he nodded with a big smile on his face,

 

‘Of course I will! I want you to meet her anyways!’ he said excited. ‘She’s my―,’ he stopped as if his words was swallowed by silence and was chewed by the truth. His parents stared at him waiting for him to continue as he just smiled faintly. ‘She’s my guide after all… and she’s the most beautiful person in this world,’ he said as his parents smiled and nodded in agreement with him.

 

‘We know we saw her on the Picasso,’ his father said. ‘She is indeed beautiful,’ his mother added. He chuckled. ‘Yeah, and it will be even an understatement,’ he mumbled to himself. He then sighed as he smiled and pushed himself to stand up. He then hugged his mother and even his dad before going to his studio.

 

He opened the door of his studio switching the lights on as his unfinished painting of her welcomed him. He sighed as he went and prepared the things he needed. He sat down in front of the huge canvas before him. He ran his palms over his face. ‘You should know how much I wanted people to know how I love you,’ he mumbled staring at the canvas.

 

‘You should know how much I’m dying to shout to everyone that I am in love with you,’

 

 

 

 

It was Sunday in the afternoon when he arrived to her house carrying his things with him. He hasn’t seen her for days since she was announced as the organizer for the exhibit her schedule became full packed and he should know it since he was the one arranging it for her. He let out a sigh as he pushed the door open before him.

 

Dara was arranging the guest room the time she heard the door clicked open. She then went outside the room as he saw him there carrying his bags with a smile on his face. She was standing staring at him in a white sleeveless fitted top and shorts. ‘You’re early I thought you’ll be here at the evening,’ she said as he just dropped his bag there and walked to her, hugging her.

 

‘I missed you,’ he breathed out as he started giving small quick kiss on her lips and she stood stiffened there. She gently pushed him away. ‘Kwon,’ she said raking her hair turning her back at him as he just wrapped his arms on her once more pulling her to him. ‘You should really call me Jiyong, is that hard?’ he whispered burying his face on the crook of her neck. ‘Please call me Jiyong,’ he said in a low begging voice.

 

Dara shut her eyes tightly. Maybe calling him Jiyong was really hard. It was damn hard since she knew calling him will mean that she was accepting the fact that they were crossing the line. Calling him Jiyong would be too much of attachment when she was already attached to him and God knows how much she hated it.

 

She wanted to run away from him but the more she wanted the more she was pulled to him, the more she was needing him.

 

But then maybe that was also the only thing she could give him in return for everything he has been doing, for every pain she inflicted and for breaking him into pieces.

 

‘Ji…’ she trailed off swallowing hard. ‘Jiyong,’ she breathed out as Jiyong pulled himself away from her smiling widely as he made her face him. ‘Say it again,’ he said smiling widely in anticipation. ‘Please,’ he added as her cheeks burned red. ‘Jiyong,’ she whispered in embarrassment. ‘Again,’ he said chuckling giddily at her.

 

‘Jiyong,’ she said as she grimaced and pulled away from him as he laughed at her. ‘Bring your bag on the guest room,’ she ordered. ‘Ehh!?!’ he exclaimed in shock and protest. ‘Why guest room!? I want to sleep with you!!’ he whined. Dara rolled her eyes. ‘We are not sleeping together,’ she breathed out. ‘Now bring your things in the guest room,’

 

Jiyong pouted as he turned and grabbed his bag and brought it to the guest room. ‘We will still sleep together,’ he mumbled as he closed the door of the guest room after bringing his things inside. He then walked to the living room looking for her as he saw her there standing fixing the curtain. He smiled.

 

‘Dara,’ he whispered as wrapped his arms on her waist with Dara gently removing it making him twitched his lips. ‘Follow me,’ she said as she walked with him trailing behind her. Soon they arrived in front of another door as Dara fetched a key on her shorts and opened it.

 

Jiyong stood there in amazement as he stared at the huge room, it was a studio. There were canvas everywhere, brushes and the smell of paint was all over the room. One of the walls was made entirely with glass while the others were made of concrete painted white. There were some paintings hanged on the wall and there were resources. It was any painter’s dream studio, spacious, bright and comfortable.

 

‘This is where you’ll work with me for the paintings,’ she said as Jiyong walked all over the room checking on everything as she stood leaning on the door frame. ‘This is his studio?’ he asked as he turned to her meeting her eyes. Dara froze as he let out a sigh. ‘No,’ she said turning her back from him as she walked out of the room. Jiyong sighed as he followed her.

 

‘It’s not his studio, it’s mine he has his own,’ Dara said as she drank the water in the glass, emptying it. She then placed the glass on the sink leaning her arms on the sink. She gritted her teeth. Does he really thinks that she will let him use his studio when it was the only thing left untainted with her sin in this house?

 

Jiyong stared at her sighing. He hated how she could be really affected by anything related to him. On how she was not even bothering forgetting him or moving on. He knew it was barely one year, just a year but then it still hurts.

 

And maybe he was being selfish here, he was being greedy. He hated it. He hated that he was starting to be selfish when it comes to her, he hated how he was starting to wish for things he knew he could never have.

 

‘Let’s just ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter