Together Forever pt. 1

A Series of Daragon Drabbles.

 

 

Dara paced back and forth in her room, breathing heavily. Her heart was about to pop out of her chest, and she felt as if she was going to throw up any moment now. Apparently her parents had her put into an arranged marriage with their best friend’s son, Jiyong. She knew Jiyong for her entire life, and they were best friends.

Until their last day of senior year in High School.

 

Flashback

“Today’s the day, Dara. You just muster up any courage you have left and tell him. Tell him before he leaves to pursue his dream to perform on a stage. AISH!!”  Dara was ready to rip her hair out in frustration. Due to their last day of being together in school, Dara was “ready” to tell Jiyong about her feelings about him.

She knew it seemed cliché; falling for your best friend only seemed to happen in books and movies, but no, not for Dara. “The heart wants what the heart wants, I guess.” She mumbled to herself before walking toward Jiyong’s locker. Luckily for her there was no one in the hallway as she waited for Jiyong at his locker like all best friends do. She fumbled with the teddy bear she got for him, her hands shaking in anxiety.

“What if he doesn’t like me? He wouldn’t like his best friend… there are so many other beautiful girls in the school. Why would he pick me? Agh! Dara just tell him so you can run away forever, and cry yourself to sleep tonight. So what if he doesn’t like you right? It’s not like you would meet him ever again after this.” Dara argued with herself inside her mind, her heart beating to its fastest pace. She was snapped out of her arguments when the last bell of the day rang.

Seniors ran out of the school hollering about how it’s the last day of school, but Dara paid no attention to them. Instead she stared straight ahead towards her best friend, Jiyong. He wore a simple white tee and a leather jacket over it; his jeans were baggy and loose. But his face- oh his face was Dara’s favorite part of Jiyong.

Before Dara could fantasize more about Jiyong, she saw him slowly approach her with a grin spread across his lips. “Hey! Dara! It’s the last day! Scream and shout, girl!” Jiyong opened his locker with a laugh, stuffing his unwanted things inside not caring about the school work.  Dara blushed at his body being so close to hers as she stood stiff as a wall.

“Here I got you this… And I actually wanted to tell yo-“ Dara was pushed away before she could continue her sentence.She looked up to see Yoona; Yoona was Jiyong’s crush. He fancied her. A lot actually. Jiyong immediately blushed, greeting Yoona with a shy smile. Yoona’s body brushed up against his as she whispered into his ear.  Then she pressed her lips against his slowly.

They

just

kissed

in

front

of

her.

Dara stared in horror. She was too late. He would never accept her feelings after this. She got up quickly, then slamming the teddy bear on the ground, tears threatening to drip from her eyes.

Flashback end

 

Now, 26 years old, Dara still loved Jiyong. She felt pathetic; swearing to never talk to him again. Until her parents said that they were going to get married; apparently he was back in Seoul. Dara felt her heart clench at her parents proposition. “Get married? Why all of a sudden? I don’t want to get married to him!” She screamed at her parents, angry at the thought of seeing him again.

She knew that she would be weak in the knees when she laid eyes on him for the first time in 8 years. She knew that her tummy would be packed with butterflies, and she knew that she would fall for him even harder than ever before.

Unfortunately, her parents dragged her to dinner with his parents where they would meet again. Dara met Jiyong’s parents a billion times, but now it was even harder because of the fact that she was going to get married to Jiyong.  

Dara wore an elegant, red dress with her hair in a bun, and light makeup. Jiyong hadn’t arrived to the restaurant yet; he says there’s traffic.  Dara played with her food, sighing loudly as the “adults” talked about their good times together back in the old days. How she wished someone would be there with her so she wouldn’t feel so alone.

“Oh! Dara, there he is! Go and say hello!” Dara turned her head, afraid of what she’ll see, but she was surprised to see the man who stood at the door. 

--

AHA. YOU GUYS LIKE THAT CLIFFHANGER?

tumblr_lxhvorBlC11r3ovdbo1_400.gif

Just kidding, I love you guys. 

000epxre.gif

Okay so, I'm sorry that I haven't been updating thie lovely story. You guys missed me right? I will be posting part two right now! Stay tuned!

-msvivirock

tumblr_lpv06jBEai1qbd9cz.gif