First Date

A Series of Daragon Drabbles.

 

 “So will you go on a date with me?” Her words repeated in her head. About 2 days ago, she had asked the guy of her dreams on a date. It was a bit of a long shot, but he agreed with a cheeky grin.

“Hmm, Usually the guys make the first move, but now that you’ve asked me, I guess it’s the change of the game huh?” Jiyong whispered into her ear and nodded; he gave her his million dollar smile and walked away leaving her surprised by his reaction.

Dara sighed to herself; she really liked Jiyong from the beginning. Ever since he flashed her a smile for helping him with his math homework, she fell head over heels. This so-called “date” was on Thursday.

 It’s Wednesday night. Dara ran her fingers through her hair and stomped her foot. “What would I wear? I don’t want to seem ty or too reserved.” She paced back and forth between her bed and the closet, picking out things she thought were not suitable for the date…

“I’m HOME!” Seungri, Dara’s younger brother barged inside their two-bedroom apartment with a grin on his face. Dara inwardly groaned. “Welcome home..” She said in a uninterested tone.

“Noona, I bought-“, he paused and looked at his sister with a puzzled tone, “Noona…. Are you going on a date?” She blushed and glared at him.

“No” She lied. Seungri then walked inside her room, without saying any words and looked at her, raising a brow at her. Dara felt that his eyes were burning holes into her skin and she bit her lower lip.

“Noona, I’ve lived with you my whole life.. I know when you’re lying.” He smirked.

 “A-Ah… Seungri, you know me. I don’t go on dates...” She lowered her head and stared at the floor, avoiding his gaze. “Oh really now? Well noona if you’re not going on a date, where are you going dressed so pretty?” She blushed and hit his shoulder. “Nowhere. Now get out!”

She pushed him out and slammed the door on his face. A sigh left her lips and she stood with her back facing the door. A ruffling sound can be heard and something was slipped under the door.

“Use this tomorrow alright noona? I’ll be in my room...” She picked up whatever was on the floor and widened her eyes.

It was a .

“YAH! How did you get this? You’re too young!” She furrowed her brows and sat on the edge of her bed. “What am I to do tomorrow?”

A small ring alerted her and she ran to her phone.

Hey, it’s Jiyong. Meet me at the small café where you helped me the first time we met. 1:00pm. Don’t be late ;)

She stared at her phone. She read the text a couple hundred times before she finally realized that he texted her. First.

She smiles and replied with an “Ok. See you soon” He heart was pounding and soon she fell asleep, forgetting about the that Seungri had given her.

-

“Noona. Wake up, your phone keeps ringing.” A sleepy Seungri nudged her deep-sleeping noona.

Dara woke up with a gasp and grabbed her phone from the top drawer, immediately answering it.

“Hello?”

“Hmm, so you are alive..” That voice… Dara widened her eyes and looked at the time.

1:30 pm.

She let out a small squeak and covered , realizing who was on the phone with her.

“O-Oh Jiyong, I’m so sorry. I’ll be there in 20 minutes….” She paused for a second. “Please don’t leave.” With that she hung up with a sigh and yelled at her brother for not waking her up.

She scurried to her bathroom and took her morning shower and  did her routine. Then she ran to her closet grabbing shorts, a tee-shirt and her favorite fedora. After coating herself with a light shade of blush and lip gloss she grabbed her purse and she put all the contents that fell out of it when she tripped over it before back, and ran to the café where Jiyong was patiently waiting.

Dara barged into the café where it was crowded with people of all ages. She held onto her fedora and glanced around for Jiyong. After looking for ten minutes she asked a waitress where Jiyong went.

“Oh the cute blonde guy?” She popped her gum, “He left,this note was left here… I’m guessing it’s for you and not me.” She sighs dramatically and hands Dara the note and walks away.

Dara, that café was too crowded for my taste.

Meet me at the beach.

-GD

The beach? That’s 4 miles away! She growled and walked out of the café. She had no money for the bus, and her car has no gas since Seungri went driving in it.

“I guess I’ll have to walk…” Dara looked down to her sandals that were extremely uncomfortable for long-distance walks. “Aish, Jiyong you are so going to get a beating from me when I see you.”

-

Dara knew where the beach was by heart, her and Seungri used to go there all the time when they were younger. She let her hair down and ate the remaining chocolate in her purse since she didn’t even eat breakfast and was hoping to eat back at the café.

 

She ran her fingers through her hair for the thousandth time today and inhaled the smell of the salty sea water.

“Finally.” She stood at the base of the shore and took of her sandals throwing them in the garbage since they were beat and gave her nasty blisters. Dara wiggled her toes in the sand and smiled.

She could care less about the date at this point; she made it to her favorite place on the planet. The beach.

However, Dara wanted to beat Jiyong up first before she jumped into the water. She looked around for a blonde head and found him. He was sitting in the sand making a small sand castle.

He looked incredibly handsome. He wore a loose fitting tee and jeans with a cap on his head... Dara was mentally drooling, but then she remembered who made her walk four miles to get here and stomped her way over to him.

A shadow of a woman casted over Jiyong as he looked up to her with a smirk, “Dara…. I’m glad you made it. How was the walk?” If looks could kill, Jiyong would be dead in a heartbeat.

“Do you know how long I walked in this 100 degree weather?!? Do you even begin to think about how my feet have blisters now?!? Did you know that I had to throw away my sandals since they were too busted to wear anymore?” She yelled to the high heavens at this man.

So much for a first date, she thought.

He smiled at this fiesty woman in front of him and nodded.

“ I do know what you went through. I followed you on the way there.”, before she could say anything he put a finger to her lips, “I was driving along with you..First you cursed at me for making you walk too long, then you ate the chocolate in your bag. After that you had an adorable pout on your face and fanned yourself with your hat. Then when you got to the beach you had the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen in my life, but then you scrunched up your nose and walked over to me. And here we are now..”

Dara stood there, amazed at this man for noticing the little things that she did.  Jiyong leaned down and kissed her forehead, smiling down at her.

“I apologize if you thought this date was bad. Why don’t I make it up to you?” She tilted her head and felt herself being carried bridal style to the water by Jiyong.

“Yah! I-I don’t want to get in! Put me down!” She punched his chest and he chuckles at her actions.

“if you say so..” He dropped her straight into the water.

She gasped for air and glared at him, but she felt so good with the cold water coating her skin. A smirk played across her lips and she then pushed Jiyong into the water with her by jumping on him. He fell in and laughed loudly as their childish actions played on until night fell.

Now both freezing and drenched with cold water at 7:00 at night. He put and arm around her shoulder and kissed her cheek. She blushed and pushed him away playfully. When she pushed him back she fell back a little as well and tripped over her bag and fell on her .

“Oww. Aish, stupid bag.” She looked over to the contents that spilled out of her bag. Her (empty) wallet, her keys, the chocolate wrappers from earlier, her phone and a …

She squealed and immediately reached for the until a hand grabbed the first. Jiyong looked at the wrapper in surprise.

“Noona…. You must have been planning for the future haven’t you?”

He chuckles and pulls her into a sweet kiss.

--

THEY GON' HAVE .