Having Dinner Together

When Brainiacs Fall in Love

-------

 

 

Damn I was so close. Why, Oh why must he grab my hand. He turned around to face me. 

"You want something?" Taemin asked sarcastically. "Errr." I said "Can I borrow this book please?" I flashed a smile.

"Sure, why not?" Taemin allowed me to take the book. "You know, you could have asked me like a normal person would." Taemin smiled. "But I'm sure you know that I'm not a normal person."

"Thanks by the way." I said before sitting on the table far away from SHINee, as I didn't want to sit next to Taemin. Though, I wouldn't mind sitting next to Onew, but that would make us talk about chicken which could distract me.

I sighed as I got straight into reading the massive book. I flipped the pages of the book. 30 minutes into reading the book, my eyelids refused to keep open as I had the 'Long Blinks'. Before I noticed I fell asleep with my head resting on top of the book.

I suddenly woke up as I realized that I slept. And as soon as I opened my eyes, Taemin was in the seat in front of me. I looked aorund the room with lazy eyes. No one else was in the library except for those late study people. I guess the SHINee Boys went home. What? Why is Taemin here?!

"D'ya get a good sleep?" Taemin asked. "Maybe." I said. "Well it looked like you did. You've been sleeping about.." Taemin looked at his watch. "An hour and a half or so." 

"Are you serious? What time is it now?" I asked frantically. "It's 7 o'clock." Taemin answered. "Crap! My mum's going to kill me!" I go up and reached for the book and my bag.

"Hold on Sunmi." Taemin called out. "Let me walk you home. It's dangerous if you walk home alone in the dark. And your mum will probably kill me if I didn't walk you home." "Fine." I agreed.

I quickly put back the book in the shelf and said goodbye to the librarian but she just shushed me. Crazy woman. When you try be nice to her, she gets angry. What's up her bum?

I met up with Taemin outside the library and we walked home. 

"Where did the rest of the boys go?" I asked, curious. "They went home to play PS3. They ditched me. Then I noticed you were sleeping so I waited until you woke up." He said.

Silence came inbetween our convo. The last part he said was pretty weird.  Why would he wait for me? I don't get it.

"I only waited fo you because it was getting dark and I didn't want you to walk home. Alone. In the dark. Where there are rapists and es." Taemin cleared the misunderstanding. "Sure." you eyed him.

"Well thank you gentleman, for your kind consideration." I thanked. "No probs. We're here." Taemin said.

"I should probably go home now." Taemin rubbed the back of his neck. He turned around about to go and I just had to say something.

"You wanna join us for dinner?" I asked. Taemin had immediately turned around. "Yes, since you offered. I was getting pretty hungry anyways." He grinned.

We both climbed the steps up to the front of my door. As soon as I had opened the door I could hear my mother shout from the kitchen. Talk about embarrassing!

"Yah! Sunmi! Why are you so late? I was worried. Maybe you would have gotten ra--" She stopped as soon as she saw Taemin. She was wearing a frilly pink apron holdind a ladle and when she saw Taemin she immediately hid the ladle behind her back.

"Oh Taemin, I didn't know you were coming." He clasped her hands together. "Because SOMEBODY didn't tell me and even came home late!" She looked directly at me. Gosh this woman. In my peripheral sight, I could see Taemin snicker. So he's enjoying this?

"Taeminie~ would you like to join us for dinner?" She asked Taemin. "If that's alright with you Auntie." "What do you means if it's alright me? Of course it's alright! Come, let's eat." Umma handed me the ladle and dragged Taemin to the dinning table where my dad and Oppa were already sitting. This is one of the few examples on why my mother is bipolar.

I just followed them into the dining room holding a ladle. Unbelievable.

"Oh Taemin is here! Give me some skin!" Oppa said while exchanging hi-5's. I just rolled my eyes at their childness. Then Appa stood up and gave Taemin one of those man-hugs. You know the one where a man grabs each others hand and pull towards each other for a hug.

My mum had directe Taemin to sit next to me. We all said grace and began to eat. Man my mum can cook! I probably looked like a pig eating but who cares I'm a growing child who is hungry from all the studying.

"Sunmi! Eat slower!" My mum scolded me. "Oops sorry." I wiped my mouth with the napkin. From my peripheral vision I could Taemin grin. I can't scream at him right now because my parents and Oppa are here plus we're at a table.

"So, Taemin, how's school?" Umma asked ."Uhm, there's an upcoming Math and Science comp for the Academic campus and I plan on entering." He said with a smile while slightly playing with his food with his fork.

"Oh really? I'm sure Sunmi will enter too won't you honey." Appa was sure that I'd enter. "Yup! I'm going to make you proud!" I smiled. "Better." Umma added.

After dinner I had to go clean the table. In our house it was important that my brother and I at least knew the basics of housekeeping like cleaning, doing the laundry, washing the dishes etc. We probably had our mum sit our asses down and have her lecture on and on about how lucky we are and that we should do this.

After cleaning the table I took the dirty dishes to the kitchen sink so Annie our maid could wash them. "Thanks Annie." I said as she grabbed the plates off me.

"So Sunmi, seems like it's time for me to get going, it's getting late." Taemin said as he checked his watch for the time. "My mum would probably kill me as well since I came home this late."

I accompanied Taemin to the door. "Bye" You waved. "Laters." He waved back before heading towards the direction of his house which was only 5 blocks away.

Later that night, I had receive a text from Taemin.

 

To: Sunmi
From: The Frienemy

Thanks for the dinner,
Tell your mum I said thanks and that her food was yummy! ;)

-Taemin-

 

I smiled at text and how me and Taemin have our times of fun times and bad times. We both don't mean it when we fight, it's just in our system to be competitive to one another. 

Half of the times we're bickering and fighting. But half of the time we're like real friends and have fun together. That's why we're classified as 'Frienemies'

 

________

Sup my lovely readers! <3
I updated again, I just wanted to make a nice chapter to show you how close the families are.
It is so true that your mum always favours your friends before yourself.
 
 
OMG! JAY PARK'S CONCERT IS IN 3 DAYS! I SERIOUSLY CAN'T WAIT :3
Anyone from Australia going?
*fangirling*
 
 
I know this is random, but I almost died when I saw this on Tumblr:
 
 
Who seriously wouldn't?
 
Aight guys, see you soon!
 
cr:to respectful owners