Function

When Brainiacs Fall in Love

------

"Yes way." He smirked. Oh My God! Why? Why did Umma ask him to be my ?

"Lee Taemin at your service. Mi Lady." He courtuosly bowed.

"No! I'm not going with you as your date!" I screamed. "Don't tell me you were expecting someone hot, because if you were. I'm hot stuff." He smirked as he pimped his jacket as he followed me inside.

It was true, I was hoping to go with someone that was, you know, hot. Taemin is not hot. Freaking mushroom head.

"I don't want to got with a mushroom head!" You screamed. "Yes, but you need to go. It's your family's function. You don't want them to be disappointed in you. Now do you?" He gave me the guilt trip.

"Fine." You rolled your eyes. "Hey, by the way. You look nice in that dress. You should wear dresses more often. So you could be, you know." He paused. "More feminine." He chuckled. "Yah! I am feminine!" I stomped my foot down.

"Yeah, yeah, and I'm secretly a K-Pop Star" He smiled. "Now let's go!" He grabbed my arm.

"No." You crossed your arms and sat down. "What? No? Oh, we are going right now Choi Sunmi." He said firmly.

"No, not until you apologize." I said. "Look, I'm sorry. I really am, and yes you are feminine, watever you wear." He apologized. "Really? But www, that's gross, freaking ." I commented. "Now let's go!" I cheerfully got up.

"Yes, let's" Taemin clenched his teeth.

Taemin lead me to his car. He even opened the door for me.

"Why thank you gentlemen." I laughed. "Shut up, this is only for show." He said as he walked to the drivers side.

"Oh! I like this song." I reached for the volume knob and turned it to make it louder. It was Infinite's Nothing's Over.

"Nothing's Over~!" I sang. "Oh God, please, just stop, and will you please just stay in your seat?" Taemin shouted over the loud music as he lowered the volume.

"OK, Mr. Bossy! OH MY GOD IT'S HOYA'S PART!" I screamed while nodding my head to the beat.
(A.N - LOL I'm a total Inspirit, and I'm Hoya Biased <3)

"Calm down Woman! What kind of medication are you on?" He asked. "I ain't on anything, this is called 'fangirling'" I said matter-of-factly.

"Aww, the songs finished." You sulked. 

"Hey, Taemin, how did you become my date?" I asked out of curiosity. "Oh, let me see." Taemin thought.

"Yesterday, while we were eating dinner. Your mum called. As you know, our family has a strict 'No phone at table' but it was an exception as it was your mum." He explained. "Well, I guess your mum asked my mum if I could be your . So there my mum was, threatening me with a steak knife, that if I'm not the one to you, she'll chop my arm off" He continued.

"Wow our mothers are so alike I swear. My mum favours you than me."
I pouted. "Same, vise versa." Taemin chuckled.

"As you can see, I still have both my arms!" He smiled, showing off his two human arms.

"Ohh, I see. It wasn't because you wanted to" I nodded. "Nope." He answered

"Hey, Taemin, thanks" You said breifly. "What's this? Choi Sunmi, saying thanks to Lee Taemin?" Taemin joked. "Yah! I'll take it back then!" You shouted. "Alright, your very welcome." Taemin smiled.

"Guess what? we're here!" He smiled. Indeed we had arrived. The function was being held at our Hotel, 'Paradise'.

Taemin had gotten valet parking, we got out of the car to the blue carpet. Taemin offered his arm, which I them took, only because he's my and the press is here.

"Omo! It's Choi Sunmi! Smile!" One photographer said. "It's Lee Taemin and Choi Sunmi!" A reporter screamed. "Are you two in a relationship? Or is it just a date?" The reporter asked.

We both ignored all allegations and headed inside.

"Omo!" I heard high-pitch screams. My mother and Taemin's mother came towards us, fangirling, yes fangirling.

My mother pinched Taemin's cheeks. "Omo, Taemin you're so handsome tonight. But your still the same cutie pie." She squealed. I held back a laugh. "You look beautiful my daughter." My mother complimented me, at least she knows I'm still here.

"Aigoo~ Sunmi-ah. You look gorgeous tonight. And you look handsome in that tux Hun!" She complimented. 

"Yah, Bestie, can you imagine, these two getting married?" Auntie exclaimed. "Neh, then that would mean that we would be in-laws! My eyes widened. Noooo!~ That means I don't get to marry my precious Donghae-Oppa! 

"A-Aniyo!" I shook my head and wave my arms. "Umma! You said you wouldn't put me in an arranged marriage!" You wailed. "You're right honey." She said. "Thank you." You thanked. "But! It would be better if you married Taemin." She clasped he hands in a fangirl kind of way.

"We'll leave you kids alone." Finally! They left. "Yah! Why didn't you back me up?!" I was mad, especially because he did help. Taemin shrugged his shoulders.

I glared at him. "OK, it was because I wanted to see your reaction." He smiled. "And that's why you didn't help?!" "Yep, I'm sorry." He smiled, I just rolled my eyes, still a jerk.

 

-------
 

I ditched Taemin for the banquet table. I'm so hungry! All that shopping and getting my hair done made me hungry. I grabbed a plate and wa about to get a load full of food.

But then I rememebered to act polite and not eat a lot. Great, just great, when there's food around and I'm hungry, I can't eat, thanks to my family's reputation. It is our family's banquet anyway.

Oh My God! There was chicken! Stuff the reputation, I'm gonna get me some chicken!

Guess who I found by the fried chicken? Onew! I bursted out laughing.

"Yo!" I said. "Oh hey Sunmi!" Onew said while he still had a chicken in his mouth. "I guess you beat me at the Chicken." I laughed. 

-------

I sat down with Onew and the rest of SHINee. I had to, Taemin was my date for the night. I sighed.

"Hey Sunmi!" Jonghyun waved. Did I tell you? That SHINee also went to the same elementary and middle school as me? Yep, Taemin and I went to the same school since Kindergarden, so did SHINee.

"Hello Oppa." I sat down. "You look pretty today Sunmi!" Minho complimented. I blushed. "Thanks." Damn, I'm too shy to eat food now. But I'm soo hungry!
 

"Can I please have your attention!" My Mother said over the mic. "Thank you." She thanked a everyone drew their attention to the just-built stage.

"Thank you for all those that have attended tonights banquet. My husband will tell you the real reason for tonights occasion." My mother passed the mic to my dad.

"As my wife had mentioned. Tonight I will be making an announcement." He smiled. "From Monday onwards, my Son, Choi Seunghyun, will be positioned as the Vice President of the company! He will then become the CEO when I retire." Everyone in the room applauded at the news.

"Congratulations Oppa!" I shouted as he winked at me.

"Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen, as my father had mentioned before, I will be the new Vice President of our chain of hotels." He explained. "I will also like to announce our company's new business partner! Mr. Wu?" 

A tall middle-aged man with I think his wife walked up on stage. "Good Evening Ladies and Gents! I am Mr. Wu, from China, this is my wife Mrs. Wu, I'd like to thank the Choi family for happily accepting our family as their own." He bowed towards my parents.

"I'd also like to introduce my son, Wu Fan!" Then a tall blond figure walked onto the stage.
 

Omo! It was Kris! My eyes widened. I never knew he was a son of a Chinese tycoon! Well, I never really asked. 

"Hello, My name is Wu Fan, but please do call me Kris." He smiled.

Whispers of desperate girls were heard throughout the room. I guess they fund him cute. God even my own mother is having dreamy eyes over him! I can't believe it.

Well he is pretty handsome in that suit.

"Yah! Sunmi! Close your mouth." Jonghyun joked. "What do you mean?" I gave him a WTF look. "You were ogling over the boy." He chuckled. "No I wasn't." I denied quickly. "Denying is the first step." He smiled. "Shut Up Dino head." I hissed.

"OK, everyone it's time for walts! My daughter and her will be in honor of the first dance!" My mother announced through the mic.

Noooo! But I don't want to dance with Taemin, I guess I have to it up. Taemin got up from his seat walked towards we, offering his hand. Of course I had to accept.

He then led me to the dance floor. "No funny business." I whispered. "I'll say yes but no promises." He smirked.

He then placed his left hand on my waist and I placed my right hand on his shoulder as our hands clasped together.

Walts music began to play. I suddenly remembered the time when I practiced the wallets with my dad. I had stepped on his toes with my tippy toes while he lead me in the dance.

"What are you thinking about? Are you thinking that I'm so hot right now?" Taemin asked arrogantly. "What? No!" I shook my head. "I just remembered when my dad taught me how to do the walts." I smiled.

Taemin nodded. Other couples started to join in with the walts. Luckily I had not stepped on Taemin's foot the whole time nor has he. 

"May I have the honor of having this dance?" Kris approached us as the song finished an the new one was started. "She's all yours." Taemin gave my hand to Kris.

"I can't believe that you're here." I said in astonishment. "Why? Is it because I look handsome in a tux?" He smiled. I laughed. "Don't get too cocky. And yes you look good in that tux." I smiled. "Why thank you. You look beautiful today as you do everyday." Kris smiled as I blushed, oh what a compliment.

"Hey Sunmi, wanna hear a joke? You knwo just to pass time." He asked. "Sure." "OK, what's green an has wheels?" Kris asked. I was confused. "Alright, what is it?" I asked. 

He bursted out laughing. "It's grass, I'm only kidding about the wheels." He laughed. "Oh, I get it!" I said as I too bursted out laughing.

"That's funny." I smiled. "Thanks." He smiled.

Taemin then came back and coughed. I sighed, my time with Kris is finished. 

--------
 

I yawned, it was getting really late. Taemin seemed to notice. "Hey, it's getting late and you seem tired. Let's go home." Taemin pulled you out of your seat.

"Bye guy." I waved to SHINee. "Bye Sunmi. Taemin, you better take care of her!" Onew shouted.

Taemin and I then walked towards our Parent's table. "Umma, Appa, Auntie and Uncle. I'll be taking Sunmi home now, she's getting tired." Taemin said our farewells.

"Alright, drive safe!" My mother waved.

As soon as I got in Taemin's car I fell asleep. 

 

-End POV-

------

Taemin's POV

While I was driving I had noticed that Sunmi had fallen asleep. She looks so peaceful when she's asleep. The complete opposite of when she's conscious. 

She's even snoring now. I can't believe she still snores. I used to at nap time in Kidergarden.

We finally got home, I didn't want to wake her up so I carried her from the passengers seat.

The maid had opened the door and I entered inside. I went up to her bedroom and laid her down in her bed.

She suddenly grabbed her Teddy bear and hugged it tightly. I guess she realized that he was on her own bed. I chuckled.

I looked around the room. It's been a while since I've been in here. I see she kept the pink wallpaper.

I then noticed something on her desk. It was a photo of us, next to other photos. At graduation. I can't believe she kept this photo. I smiled. 

I looked around the room once again, this time noticing, the wall completely covered with posters. I looked at them in digust. Maybe I should do I little something... So I grabbed a pen.

 -End POV-

-------

 

Hey guys, what's it like being hearing Taemin's thoughts? I was originally not going to write in other people's POV's other than 1st Person(Sunmi/Your POV) and 3rd Person, just to tease you >:D.

Taemin's POV's are going to be rare, I'll see if I will write in his POV in the future.

 

Ugh, holidays are over =_= It's back to school, the fun and games are finally over.
It was fun yesterday because we didn't have to do anything, we just discussed what we did over the holidays.
I got laughed at because I got a nosebleed at JP's Concert.

 
Thank You for Reading! <3
Please COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE! ;D