Final

You and I, we make nine

”Kids, I’m home.” She opened the door and called, but was surprised that it was darkness and silence that welcomed her.


She slowly made her way through the front door and into the living room.


“Hello?”



In the living room, even though it was all dark, she could make out the eight familiar figures, laying on the sofa or on each other. Only one was sitting up, and she knew, by one look, who it was.


“Fany ah?” She walked towards the girl.


“You’re back.” Even though Taeyeon couldn’t see her expressions clearly, she could sense the comfort and smile in her voice.


Taeyeon put down her stuff and went to sit by her side. Tiffany took her hand with one hand while gently Seohyun’s hair with the other, who had fallen asleep on her lap.


”What took you so long?” She sounded worried. Taeyeon squeezed her hand lightly to reassure her.


“I just thought you guys would want something to eat.So I stopped by the night market to buy some snack.” She relaxed herself as she laid her head on Tiffany’s shoulder. “Why aren’t you asleep? It’s almost half past two.”



Tiffany didn’t answer directly but said,

“I haven’t seen you guys for so long. So I want to take this time to just....you know,look.”


“It’s so quiet.” Taeyeon closed her eyes and tried to appreciate the silence when they were all in the same room. “I don’t think it’s ever this quiet when we are together.”


Tiffany laughed softly at her words, but still nodded her head to agree.


”It never is. It never will be. But that’s what make us us.”



A huge wave of emotions suddenly overwhelmed Taeyeon. All the happy times, sad times, funny times, desperate times, hard times they’d spent together, all the hardships they’d gone through.... She couldn’t hold back her tears, and this, of course, scared Tiffany.



“Hey..hey, what is it?” She shifted her body a little to face Taeyeon and asked.


Taeyeon took a few deep breaths to adjust herself before she answered,

“Nothing. I’m just really grateful for what I have now. This life, and you all.”


Upon hearing her, Tiffany felt a bit relieved, and smiled.



“I think all of us feel the same way.”


Taeyeon smiled back. And just then, a tissue was handed out to Taeyeon. But it wasn’t from Tiffany. Both of them turned to see who it was, and was surprised that it was Yoona.


“When did you wake up?” Taeyeon asked as she took the tissue and wiped her tears. Yoona shrugged,


“I smelt food....”

The other two couldn’t help but laugh. Suddenly, another tall figure sat up straight in the darkness.


“Food!” The other shikshin said aloud. That did it. One by one, the members woke up, yawning and stretching their bodies. Except one, of course. Yoona picked Jessica up with ease and put her on the sofa where Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun once sat.



“Well, so much for the long-wanted peace.” Taeyeon pretended to complain, but still couldn’t hide the smile on her face, and with the quickest speed she could manage, she went around and kissed each and everyone on the mouth.



“What the...?!”


“Yah!”

“Kim Taeyeon!!”


“Hey!That is NOT my ideal way of waking up!”


“Unnie!!”



Though complaints could be heard from every corner of the room, she couldn’t care less.


She looked towards Tiffany with a smile, and saw her looking at her with the same expression.





Home is where the heart lies. And this is where her heart lies. 









It was. It is. And it always will be.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

So~~?What do you guys think?! This is the end of the story hahaha