Chapter 6

You and I, we make nine

She wasn’t in her best conditions today. Her pitch went off a few times and she forgot her dance moves. She apologized and apologized. Nobody blamed her. But being unable to reach perfection, Tiffany felt deeply frustrated. She didn’t know what has gotten into her these days.



  It wasn’t until her manager called and told her to ask Jessica to take her home did she realize she hadn’t talk to her for almost a week. In fact, she hadn’t seen any of them in a week. She was so busy with the musical that she had to practice their new dance separately, and she was always the first to leave home in the morning and the last to return.



  Maybe it was because she hadn’t seen then for so long that she had subconsciously started to miss Sunny’s aegyo, Yoona and Taeyeon’s laugh, Seohyun’s righteousness, Hyeoyon’s silliness, Yuri’s pranks, Sooyoung’s constant ranting about food and Jessie’s company.



  She left the changing room and dialed Jessica’s number. Upon hearing her voice, the edge of lifted up.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


She looked at her watch. 12:00 am. It has been almost an hour since she called Jessica.



Jessica was rarely late. If you don’t count in the times she overslept of course.


  Tiffany paced back and forth anxiously. Could something happen on the road because of the heavy rain?Just when she was about to dial her number again, a familiar car came in sight. Tiffany quickly ran out of the building and into the car’s back seat. She was surprised when she saw Sooyoung, who was buried in a pile of plastic bags that smelt of.....




  “What the.......” FOOD.




  “Sorry about being late. She said she needed to make a LITTLE stop at the night market.” Jessica glared at Sooyoung as she emphasized the word [little].



  “Judging by the bags, the stop was bigger than expected,I assume?” Tiffany chuckled slightly. Jessica rolled her eyes as she started the engine again and slowly drove away.




“Yah!” Jessica suddenly yelled when she accidentally caught Sooyoung eating something via the rearview window.

“Choi Sooyoung! Don’t you dare eat my pizza!!!”



  “But....I’m hungry....” Sooyoung replied innocently.



Tiffany could only laugh.

She did miss them. And she missed them so, so much.