New Teacher

I Never Told You

 

[Third POV]
 
The composer was sitting in his office, his feet up on his desk. He was tossing his pencil back and forth with his hands. Every once in a while, he would glance over at his phone and sigh in exasperation.
 
After a minute or so, he ended up accidentally tossing his pencil across the room. "Aish!" he yelled, grabbing his phone and glaring at it. "This is all your fault for not calling me. Ring will you?!"
 
Suddenly, his cell phone started to ring and, in a panic, he fumbled around with it and almost dropped it before he could answer. "Yeoboseyeo(여보세요)?"
 
"Hey," Minhee said on the other end.
 
"It's been almost a whole week and all you got is 'hey.' What is this?"
 
"I was settling in! I had to help my kids settle in too. Jeez, nag me like we're a couple or something..."
 
"We might as well be," he joked in a husky tone and Minhee's heart raced a little. Whenever he spoke in that tone, it always drove her crazy. It's like he knew that her weak spot was deep voices and his was definitely was one of the iest voices she had ever heard which says a lot.
 
"Really? Why?"
 
"Well, until you ignored me for a whole week," Minhee scoffed and he chuckled before continuing, "we talk at least every other day and when we do, it's for hours at a time because we can talk about almost anything. We may not know each other's names or seen what the other looks like but I know that we're attracted to each other. One other thing that I know is I've been waiting for you to call so I can ask you out now that you're finally in Korea."
 
"..."
 
"Ya, Maestro, what do you say?"
 
"Are you serious?"
 
"I am. You don't believe me?"
 
"Honestly? No. Like you said, we haven't even met and everything we've ever talked about could be lies. Who knows if anything that's come out of our mouths while talking to each other is true? Let's say that hypothetically we treat this as our chance to be whoever we want and pretend this is whatever we want this to be, when we really met it will all be shattered. You don't want to face my reality Composer."
 
"You want to know something? You don't trust people enough. Your outlook on life is so negative. I can understand that but you and I both know that what we felt through those songs was not fake. If you can play any one of those songs right now and tell me you don't feel something, that you don't feel a connection to me, then I will give up meeting you under any circumstances. Otherwise, at least give me a chance."
 
"I..."
 
"How about this: I'll give you some time to think about this all. When you make your decision, let me know. For now, I guess it's talk to you later."
 
"Wait-" he had already hung up before Minhee could continue. She glared down at her cell phone. "I hate that habit of yours. So annoying..."
 
She yawned and looked over at her bedside table. The clock now said that it was three in the morning and she had to report to her new job at about six hours. Before that, however, she had to make breakfast and lunch for Yonjee and Shin. Then, she has to take them to school meaning that she will most likely have to be up in...two or three hours. 
 
Minhee flipped over on her bed and buried her head into her pillow. "What did I get myself into? I've already been missing Aqua and Ronnie. Now things are even harder on me...Shin still can't stand it here and Yonjee is much quieter lately. If things go wrong at work later...aish!" Groaning, Minhee pulled her body pillow to her and snuggled against it.  "Fluffy, I don't even have time to think about Composer. That jerk...why say those things to me and just hang up? Things are difficult enough. Grrr...I must sleep now. Sleep!" 
 
A few hours later, Minhee still hadn't fallen asleep. The alarm on her cell phone went off. "일어나 (wake up)," the screen flashed, mocking her. "Damn it..." she stood up, slumping over immediately and dragged her feet to the kitchen.
 
Stretching, Minhee scanned the items in the refrigerator. Bending over to grab some ingredients, she told herself "yosh! Time to get moving! No time to waste today~"  
 
Already feeling energized, she finished everything that needed to be done in no time and was watching the twins eat their breakfast. 'That fool...if you met me, would you be able to accept my children too? This is my reality, my world: these two, Yonjee and Shin. I already kept them away from their real father. I can't just let any man into their lives knowing that he could leave. I can't do what my own mother did to me. My children...don't deserve that kind of pain and mistrust in others.'
 
"Mom, are you okay?" Yonjee asked.
 
"Hmm? I'm fine. Why do you ask?" she replied with a smile, reaching over and smoothing down some of Yonjee's hair.
 
"You look sad again, like something's worrying you like a certain brat twin I know."
 
"You shouldn't talk about yourself like that, sis," Shin smirked. "It's underestimating yourself."
 
"Ya!" 
 
Minhee laughed, "can you two at least wait until you're done eating to bicker, huh?" she pinched both of their cheeks. Yonjee and Shin yelled out in pain, rubbing their cheeks, and glaring at Minhee. "Uwa~ you two are so similar."
 
The twins stared each other down then and their glare intensified before they started having a food eating competition.
 
"You'll both get stomachaches at this rate."
 
They ignored their mother and continued eating. She sighed, watching them and laughing every few seconds or so. 'Life like this is fine right?'
 
[A few hours later, at SM]
 
Yunho shook his head at he watched more and more trainees walk by the dance room he was practicing in. Normally, at this time of the day, not many people walk by this area since it's close to the classrooms. If anything, they're normally walking away since it's just about lunchtime. 'I wonder what's going on...oh well, it doesn't concern me.'
 
In the next few minutes though, Yunho's curiosity kept getting to him and he would find himself dancing closer and closer to the door. When the door burst open, Yunho immediately jumped back in shock and pretending to be dancing still. "Oh Sooyoung-ah, why'd you come here?"
 
"Yoochun-oppa's looking for you. He said you should come meet the newest teacher SM hired."
 
"Oh...is that what everyone's been walking by here for?"
 
"Yeah," she smiled. "All the male trainees are going crazy, saying she's really beautiful. She's from America too."
 
"Ah, it's a woman? No wonder Yoochunnie wants me to see. Is she teaching English then?"
 
Sooyoung laughed, "you understand Yoochun-oppa so well and, yes, she's teaching English. Are you coming then?"
 
"Sure, might as well go see the newest woman that's gotten Yoochun's attention."
 
Yunho turned off the stereo and they walked out together. "She's gotten a lot of people's attention though. Key even had a English showdown with her."
 
"Really? Who won?"
 
"The diva has been deflated a little bit."
 
"She actually beat him? I wish I was there then."
 
"She didn't want to but Key told her to be ruthless if necessary. She was holding back at first. It was a sight to see. That's what you get for only dancing all the time," she socked him playfully on the arm.
 
"Hey, you know you admire my dancing."
 
"I do," Sooyoung nodded her head, grinning at him which he gladly returned. She looked down at her watch, "oh I gotta go. I have practice but I'll see you later. She's in classroom 3! Tell me how it goes later."
 
"Alright, bye. Work hard at practice."
 
"I will~ thanks oppa! Bye!" She ran off and Yunho was left along with his thoughts as he walked towards classroom 3. 'Why does this all seems so familiar?'
 
"A new teacher..." he whispered to himself. "From America..."
 
[Flashback]
 
"Let me get this straight, you guys want me to go to school with you all in the morning even though I just got home for a few days from training?"
 
"Yeah," they chorused at him. 
 
The friend sitting on Yunho's right side, Minki, said "yah Jung Yunho, weren't you listening to us earlier? We told you there's this really pretty new student. We want you to come with us to school to see her."
 
"A new student? Can't I just see her some other time? Like after school? Let me sleep in for my first day of vacation tomorrow!"
 
"We don't know if she has time after school. Just come with us!"
 
"She's from America," his other friend Hyunsu said.
 
Yunho chuckled, "is that why you guys are going crazy over her?"
 
"Well, no," Soobin said, sitting down on the chair across from Yunho. "It's part of it but it's mainly because she's pretty," he explained, grinning. 
 
All of them started nagging him and jokingly punching him so he'd go. Pushing them all away, Yunho threw his hands up in defeat and said, "alright, alright! I'll go see the girl who's making you guys act this way!"
 
His friends cheered and Yunho chuckled, throwing pillows at them. "Now get out so I can sleep. Apparently I have to wake up early tomorrow."
 
Looking at each other, his friends nodded at each other and rushed at Yunho who started yelling at them to stay away. The next morning, after it was decided that his friends would all sleepover and invade his house like they normally do when he comes back home, they headed to school. 
 
"What class is she in anyway?"
 
"Three."
 
[End of flashback]
 
'No wonder it felt like deja vu...' It was just like how he met Minhee. He remembered walking into that classroom and being stunned frozen on his feet. She was pretty as his friends said but something else about her made his heart race. When she noticed his group, she smiled and waved at them all. Minki ran over immediately to greet her and even hugged her. 
 
Yunho couldn't even move one foot closer to her. He didn't even think he would get to talk to her since he felt so shy but she was the one to come up to him. Waving her hand in his face when he blanked out, Minhee laughed and introduced herself. Hyunsu tried to cover for Yunho and explained how shy Yunho can be. When she told him it was okay and that she thought it was cute, Yunho was hooked. He smiled unconsciously at her and he didn't know it at that time but it was also the moment Minhee felt hooked too. 
 
Presently, Yunho had reached the door to classroom three in SM. 'Three...now that I think about it...it was even her favorite number.' He shook his head and sighed, 'will I ever stop thinking about her like this?'
 
He opened the door and a flood of emotions came rushing at him. 'This can't be happening...'
 
Yunho had no doubt about it: that back, that hair, the way she held herself, and her smile when she turned around to see who entered the classroom. "Minhee..." he whispered and he swore that she whispered "Yunho" at the same exact time.
 
A/N: And so they finally see each other again! No glimpses this time! Dun dun dun~! hehe ^^ sorry it's been so long since I last updated. Writer's block once again >_< I also celebrated my friend's birthdays recently. Another one is coming up! O.O aigoo, where did all my free time go? TT TT haha just kidding~ hope you enjoyed the update! Coming soon will be their first talk after so many years~ or maybe not? muahaha~