Moving On?

I Never Told You

 

[America]
 
 
When Minhee walked out of the bathroom, Yonjee and Shin were waiting for her in her bedroom. Yonjee ran up to her and hugged her, wrapping her arms around her mother's waist. "Whoa! What's up with you kiddo?"
 
"She was whining at Chuck E. Cheese's about us going without you," Shin replied first, leaning against the nearest wall and rolling his eyes. 
 
"Oh really?" Minhee leaned down to hug Yonjee back. "My daughter is so sweet."
 
"Or clingy." 
 
"Shin, be nice to your sister."
 
"Why?"
 
"Because I said so."
 
"Oh...well I guess your word is law after all..."
 
"Darn right it is...you're such a brat."
 
"Aunt Aqua said you were a brat when you were younger. Actually, she didn't say brat. She described you with another word that starts with a 'B' and it is-"
 
"Finish that sentence and you're grounded for the rest of your life!"
 
"I was just going to say 'bad-tempered' Mom. Is that a bad word?"
 
Minhee rubbed her temples, "and the headache comes back again..."
 
"Shin, stop giving Mom headaches!"
 
"Why?"
 
"Because when she's hurting, we're hurting remember? The last time you got sick, Mom said your sickness was her sickness because she loves you so much. So if Mom's head hurts, ours will too because of how much we love her."
 
"...whatever. I'm going to play video games in my room. I already finished my homework," Shin walked away, muttering to himself.
 
"Mom, ignore Shin. He's lying to you."
 
"He's lying? About what?"
 
"We waited in here for you because he said he felt guilty about what he said earlier about our dad. Shin-oppa's just too stubborn to apologize."
 
More like his dad than he knows... Minhee chuckled, "oh really? And what about you huh? Why the sudden hug?"
 
"You looked like you needed it. Your eyes are red Mom!"
 
Taken back by Yonhee's response, Minhee scrunched up Yonjee's hair and smacked her playfully. Yonjee jumped up, squealing, and Minhee told her "go get ready for bed. Are your aunts downstairs?"
 
"Yeah, they're watching Jersey Shore."
 
"Still?!"
 
"Yeah."
 
"Alright. Go get ready. Tell Shin to get ready too and that I don't care if he's in the middle of a game because his teeth need to be brushed!"
 
"Okay Mom," she walked into the hallway. "Ya Shin! Get your in the bathroom or Mom's going to whoop you!"
 
"Yonjee!"
 
"I mean, brush your teeth dear sweet brother of mine because our loving mother said to get ready for precious slumber~"
 
"I will if you never say that again," is what Shin told Yonjee when he saw her and she kicked him before running into her room and locking the door so he couldn't get in.
 
"I'll get you back later!"
 
Watching them from her bedroom doorway, Minhee shook her head and laughed. "My kids are so crazy."
 
Shin and Yonjee peeked their heads out of the bathroom and bedroom respectively to say, "because we have a crazy mother!"
 
"Yeah, yeah," she ignored them, waving her hand non-chalantly in their direction but she continued smiling. Minhee walked down the stairs to the living room where she found Aqua and Ronnie fully engrossed in the newest episode of Jersey Shore. "Okay, seriously, please like a different show!"
 
"Whaaaaat? It's funny!" Aqua laughed. "You know you like it!"
 
"No."
 
Aqua tsk-ed at her, "well, Ms. Buzz-kill, we brought your kids home safe and sound. Don't you want to tell us something?"
 
"Did you teach Shin what 'b@#$%' means?" 
 
"What? No! Nuh-uh! What did that boy tell you?" she leaned in to whisper not so slyly, "because whatever it is, Ronnie did it."
 
"You expect me to believe she taught my kid the b word."
 
"What? It could happen!" Ronnie and Aqua stared at her blankly. "Alright! Alright! It would most likely be me but it wasn't me this time. I swear!"
 
"Right," Minhee said doubtfully. "Sure."
 
"If you're not going to believe me, there's nothing more I can say."
 
"Of course not."
 
"Ugh! Sometimes you just piss me off!"
 
"I know." Well, it's not like he actually said it. Maybe Shin doesn't know it...
 
Aqua glared at Minhee who smiled back at her and Ronnie laughed, giving her attention back to the television. "Whatever. We had a lot of fun today! You missed out on it all. No fun for you!"
 
"Okay."
 
"What's wrong with you?" Ronnie asked.
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"You're so 'blah' right now."
 
"So you can tell too? Damn..."
 
Aqua raised an eyebrow. "Who else noticed?"
 
"Yonjee and Shin...those kids are too observant now."
 
"Considering who their mother is, I'm not surprised!"
 
"Is that a compliment or...oh whatever. I don't even care right now."
 
Aqua sat up, "what happened?"
 
"Does it have something to do with what we talked about this morning?" Ronnie's forehead creased in concern.
 
 "Maybe..."
 
"Oh! You know what that means!" Aqua hit Ronnie's shoulder. "It has EVERYTHING to do with what we talked about this morning."
 
"Were you thinking about him again?"
 
"No...well yeah."
 
"When?"
 
"I was in the shower an-"
 
Winking, Aqua asked her "and what kind of thoughts were you having about him in the shower?"
 
"Hey!"
 
"What? You two had those kids somehow. You know, I'm just saying." she wriggled her eyebrows this time. 
 
"I know...goodness...but it wasn't like that at all." Minhee rolled her eyes. "I just...a song on the radio came on and I listened to it a lot when we were dating so I remembered a few things..."
 
"Like?"
 
"Like Fluffy's other name."
 
"Fluffy?"
 
Ronnie laughed. "Remember her body pillow?"
 
"Oh yeah! You and that thing," Aqua snickered. "It's the reason you never need a booty call."
 
"Whoa! Do not make my body pillow dirty! When I was pregnant, that thing was amazing."
 
"Yeah, wasn't it like your stand-in lover?" Ronnie teased. "You wrapped yourself around that thing like a snake to it's prey."
 
"First of all, why would you mention snakes to me!? Second, snakes swallow their prey whole. Third, I never needed someone to cuddle with because of that thing and it was fluffier than any person could be anyway." 
 
"I can be fluffy! I'll show you!"
 
Minhee's eyes glazed over as she thought about that incident again. Aqua waved her hands in front of Minhee's face. "Hey! Don't be ignoring me when I'm right in front of you. Hehh-ka RUDE!" 
 
"Oh, my bad...sorry. I didn't mean to."
 
"Okay, this really is bothering you. Do you want to talk about it or...?" she trailed off.
 
Minhee looked up at Aqua, "I don't even know what I want to do...but-"
 
"젠장 나 왜이러니 왜 이 여자 옆에 누워있니" (The beginning of Taecyeon's rap in 'Again and Again')
 
"Your phone?" 
 
Minhee nodded and Ronnie said, "I swear, he always sounds angry."
 
"Because he is?" Minhee answered the phone and walked into the next room. Ronnie and Aqua continued watching Jersey Shore while Minhee talked to whoever it is on the phone.
 
When Minhee walked back into the room, Ronnie and Aqua could tell how pale she looked. "That was my boss...he not only thinks I should leave his company and take the job in Korea...but he's encouraging me to go see the arrangements for my job there...he wants me to leave in two days!"
 
[Korea]
 
Yunho was sitting at the table alone because everyone had finished eating already. For some reason, Yunho couldn't bring himself to eat. He has lost his appetite and was just sitting there, prodding his food with his chopsticks.
 
Jaejoong sat down at his side, "something wrong with it? It's what you ordered, isn't it?"
 
"Yeah, it is...I just suddenly don't want to eat it anymore. You want it?"
 
"No," Jaejoong gave him an exasperated look. "I want you to eat! What's wrong with you?"
 
"I was just thinking about when we debuted."
 
"What about it?"
 
"The things we had to sacrifice. Not that I regret anything! I only thought of what it is we had to let go."
 
"And who you had to let go?" he said in a softer voice. 
 
"Yeah..."
 
"You still think about her huh? I guess the recording we did the other day didn't help."
 
"No, I've been thinking about her more and more lately. I don't know why."
 
"Maybe it's because of your sub-unit song with Changmin? '왜'* is about breaking up."
 
*'Keep Your Head Down'
 
Shaking his head, Yunho sighed. "Our relationship wasn't like that. Sure, I was upset that she broke up with me and, at the time, I felt like there wasn't a reason for her choosing to do so but...thinking on it, if I wasn't a trainee when I met her...if I was on a different life course, then maybe it wouldn't have ended like that."
 
"If you were on a different life course, you wouldn't be the Jung Yunho she fell in love with. You wouldn't be who you are now. We wouldn't be who we are either."
 
"I know that and I love this group more than anything. I don't regret being a member of DBSK at all. That's not what I'm saying."
 
"I get it. I do but if things were meant to be, then it wouldn't have ended like that right?"
 
"Yeah, you have a point."
 
"You need to stop thinking about this kind of stuff...don't you have a date tomorrow?"
 
Yunho smiled when thinking about it. "Yeah...you're right. I'm going to go call her now."
 
"Good!" Jaejoong yelled as Yunho got up and ran to his room. Jaejoong looked down at the table and frowned. "Ya! Finish your food and then call her! Aish..."
 
A/N: Can you tell I SOOO miss YunJae? hehe I almost cried writing the conversation between Yunho and Jaejoong :( anyone else feel a little sad? Sorry it's been so long since I updated~ finally spring break! Woot woot!