Glimpses

I Never Told You

 

A/N: Sorry that it's been so long!!!!!!!!!!!! No words can justify how long I took T.T but if you must know...haha just kidding~ I won't bore you with my life ^^ However, I will be updating more often now...hopefully :) please enjoy and thanks for staying subscribed to my story! :D
 
[A few days later...]
 
Minhee was wandering around the streets of Seoul on her own. I wonder...is he even in town...? He wouldn't be right? He might be promoting in Japan right now. Why am I thinking about seeing him anyway? I don't want to see him...I shouldn't see him...it'd be dangerous to see him. 
 
Aish...what am I doing here anyway? It's not like I'm going to take the job...although it is an amazing offer...probably the best I'll get in my life...and it's related more to my expertise...the benefits are great...goodness...I don't even know what to think anymore!
 
Coming across a old, slightly hidden music store, Minhee decided to go in and look around. Although it looked dilapidated, there was something about it that appealed to her. 
 
The store manager greeted her and Minhee bowed her head to him as she ventured deeper into the store. As she reached the back of the store, there were shelves full of sheet music lined up against the wall.
 
One of the booklets was titled "Emotional" and Minhee flipped through it, amazed at how the notes were not typically arranged as one would expect. They were spontaneous and indeed very "emotional" as the title implied. It was difficult to read and Minhee only imagined that it would be even more difficult to play.
 
"Is it okay if I play a few pieces?" she asked the store manager. He nodded and led her to a piano on the other side of the store. Leaving her alone, Minhee sat down and dabbled with the keys. She opened the book to a random page and looked it over before playing. 
 
At first, it sounded awkward and the manager sighed while listening to her, thinking once again, no one can play anything from that book...
 
But on her third try, the piece didn't sound awkward and instead flowed effortlessly. His ears perked up once the music reached him and he quickly scrambled around the counter for the phone. He quietly dialed a number and once someone answered on the other line, instead of talking, the manager held the phone out towards where Minhee was.
 
After a few minutes, the manager put the phone to his ear but all he heard was a dial tone. "Eh? Why...?"
 
Minhee finished playing the piece and felt as if a large weight had been taken off of her shoulders. Her previous anxieties, anger, and confusion had all melted away into her fingers when they danced across the ivory keys. The deep sigh she let out was further proof of her suddenly content mood. 
 
Wanting to merely enjoy the moment, Minhee sat in silence for a few minutes before politely bowing to the manager and leaving with a smile on her face. She looked down at her watch and her eyes widened in shock. "Ah! Almost time!" 
 
Just as Minhee was leaving in a taxi, another car pulled up to the music store's front. Someone stepped out of the car and asked, "who was playing my song?"
 
"Right there! In that taxi, she's leaving! I-" The last few words the manager was going to say were drowned out by the roar of the guy's engine as he drove away, trailing after the taxi.
 
The taxi finally stopped just outside a internet cafe and Minhee got out, bowing to the driver, and went inside. The guy put on sunglasses and a hat before following her. 
 
When he went inside, he barely saw her going into one of the private rooms and asked for the one next to hers. 'Why am I going this far? Just because she can play my song, I'm following her to this extent? What's wrong with me?! ...but no one else has been able to play those songs...no one but me.'
 
"-at is not the point! Shin, you know better than to do that!" 
 
'English? A foreigner...? And Shin? A boyfriend maybe?' (the guy's thoughts)
 
"Mom, I told you I did not trip that kid. I stuck my leg out to stretch and he wasn't smart enough to notice and tripped over me. That's his own ignorance."
 
Minhee sighed, "sure it was...isn't it the same person you were arguing with in class last week?"
 
"I was not arguing. It was a lively discussion that the teacher decided got too out of hand but I think it was perfectly fine." The guy smiled and had to stifle his laughter.
 
"Yonjee, is what Shin saying true? Did he not trip that kid?"
 
"Actually mom, regardless of whether or not Shin tripped him, he deserved it. He is a very ignorant person."
 
"Yonjee!"
 
"He was!" 
 
'So she has kids...I wonder about their dad...Wait, why am I wondering about their dad?!'
 
Sighing, Minhee shook her head. "You two...I swear...such smart alecks."
 
"We learned from our mother."
 
"You would say that, you brat..."
 
"Mom, it's not nice to call me a brat. What if you emotionally scar me?"
 
"Shin, stop messing with Mom!" Yonjee shoved him.
 
"Don't push me!"
 
"Then stop being mean!"
 
"Both of you, stop that! Keep your hands to yourselves!"
 
"Sorry, Mom..." they dropped their hands and apologized in unison.
 
"You two..."
 
"So...are you enjoying yourself there Mom?"
 
"Did you get any DBSK CDs?"
 
"Why would you ask her that? Is that more important?"
 
"I never said it was important. You asked a question so I asked one too."
 
"She didn't even answer my question yet. Are you trying to compete with me sis?"
 
"Maybe I didn't wanna feel left out."
 
Shin sighed, "now I know why Mom always gets headaches...she gets this times two."
 
"No, it's worse because it's you," Yonjee stuck out her tongue at him. 
 
Shaking her head, Minhee leaned forward on her elbow and chuckled under her breath. "My children, ladies and gentlemen."
 
"Eh?" Shin turned his head back to the computer screen. "Are you talking to yourself again Mom? This is why people thought you were crazy at Back to School Night."
 
"If they spent a day with you two, they would understand why I talk to myself."
 
"Mom, don't lie! You talked to yourself way before you had us," Yonjee pointed out. "All of your friends tell us that."
 
"Dang...those snitches..." the three of them laughed and the guy's grin grew wider as he leaned against the wall. 'Such a nice relationship...'
 
"Okay, you two. You should go to school now. Tell Aunt Ronnie I said hi and not to drive so slow that you guys are late."
 
"You could always just let us go with Aunt Aqua."
 
"No, with the way Aunt Aqua drives, you two will be at school too early."
 
Someone yelled in the background and Minhee giggled, "Okay, bye you two. I love you both! Have a good day at school."
 
"Bye. Love you Mom!" Yonjee and Shin waved before shutting the computer off.
 
Minhee did the same and sighed, running her hands through her hair. "난 어떻게?" (What do I do?)
 
'Ah...so she does know Korean...well her kids' names are Korean now that I think about it.'
 
He was lost in thought when Minhee got up and walked out of the cafe. When he peeked over and saw that she was gone, he jumped up and ran out as well. "Where'd she go? Damn, did I lose her? Might as well go back to the company then..."
 
Resigned, he got back into his car and drove slowly to the company he's with but he remained distracted by Minhee. 'I don't even know her name...I know nothing about her except that she has two kids. She might even have more kids! Oh well...'
 
[Meanwhile...with Yunho...]
 
"Hyung!" Yunho turned around, an automatic response to the term 'hyung' since he's one of the oldest in his group and among his labelmates. 
 
"Oh Minho, what's up?"
 
"Nothing, I just wanted to congratulate you again on your sub-unit promotions," he smiled goofily, making Yunho laugh. (A/N: Hyung- yet again eh Minho? I see you haha)
 
"Thank you. That means a lot to me."
 
"You're welcome."
 
"Where are the other members?"
 
"Ah, I'm not quite sure myself. I was actually looking for them."
 
"Oh! I'll help you look then, okay hyung?"
 
"Alright." 
 
The pair walked through the hallways of the floor they were currently on for a few minutes before going on the elevator to search on other floors. Yunho and Minho even went as far to look on the business floor when none of the members were anywhere to be found. 
 
"Where could they be?" Minho asked. "I bet if we check the cafeteria again, Changmin-hyung will be there."
 
Yunho laughed, "you might be right but wha-" he trailed off as someone caught his eye. "No way..."
 
"Huh?" Minho followed Yunho's eyes but couldn't figure out what Yunho was staring at exactly. "What's wrong hyung?"
 
'It can't be her...why would she be here?'
 
As if he was in a trance, Yunho walked away from Minho and ran towards the person he thought he saw. Just as he reached where she last was, she was on the elevator and the doors were closing. The doors were too far along for Yunho to get a clear look. 'No...I'm just imagining things...it wasn't Minhee...but why am I reacting this way?'
 
[At that same moment, on the elevator...]
 
Minhee let out a huge breath and put a hand on her chest. 'Ya, heart, calm down a little okay? All I see is a glimpse of him and you race like this? I'm not even sure it's him. Is even just the thought that it might be him enough to make me go crazy?'
 
"Are you okay?" another passenger on the elevator asked her.
 
"Huh? Oh, yes, I am fine..."
 
The person lifted their eyebrow and nodded. "Okay...if you say so."
 
'Great...now this person thinks I'm crazy. Oh well, like I'll ever see this person again. Good thing too since I lied to them...I'm not okay. I only saw a glimpse of who I thought could be Yunho and I'm filled with the desire to see him again...This. Is. Not. Good.'