Why?

I Never Told You

 

A/N: Boo! Did I scare anyone? Hehe ^^ even if I didn't scare anyone, are you guys surprised that there's another update and that the author's note is at the beginning instead of the end of the chapter? It's magic~ haha, not really XD I just wanted to warn people that Yunho might seem out of character...also my writing in this chapter~ ^^; I'm not good at writing scenes like this >_< hope you guys enjoy it~
 
P.S. hehe ^^ since the author's note is at the beginning this time, I feel the need for a P.S. anyway, enough of that digression. More will be revealed next chapter~ if anyone feels confused already though, please let me know! I never know how confusing my storylines and writing is since I know it all so I understand perfectly XD
 
[Third POV]
 
Minhee was laughing at a joke that Yoochun had made when the classroom door opened. "Oh he's here!" Yoochun smiled. "Finally!"
 
"Who?" She turned to see who it was that Yoochun as referring to and her breath caught in . "Yunho," Minhee whispered to herself. Their eyes met for only a brief second and Minhee felt like it was too long a look. She could feel her body temperature rising and her eyes felt prickly. 'Damn...he really can affect me after so long. What is this?!'
 
"Hyung~" Yoochun called out, "what are you doing? Hurry up and come over here." Yunho walked briskly to Yoochun's side, not taking his eyes away from Minhee. "This is the new English teacher, Minhee." He leaned into Yunho and whispered, "she's beautiful huh?"
 
Yunho nodded curtly and Yoochun grinned at him. 'If only you knew, Yoochun...maybe I should warn him later to stay away from her. She'd just break his heart anyway...like she broke mine nine years ago.'
 
As angry as he was starting to feel, Yunho knew his heart was soaring at being able to see her once again; to even know that she was in the same city, the same country even! Nine years ago, Minhee had left without a trace. After she broke up with him, Yunho never saw her again.
 
Now that she was in front of him, he looked her over noting the differences in her appearance now. She hadn't grown taller at all, in fact she was shorter than he remembered. On the inside, that made him chuckle since she was sensitive about her height. Her hair had grown much longer to his surprise. When he used to come home, sometimes he never knew how to expect Minhee's hair to look because she loved cutting it unlike most girls who might cry if in her position. 
 
What he noticed the most was that her style changed. Minhee was definitely more feminine than before. Her long hair was curled delicately, she was wearing light make-up even though she hated make-up when they were teenagers, and she was wearing the latest trend in office wear. 'It's like it's her and yet like it's not her at all.'
 
"Nice to meet you."
 
"..."
 
"Congratulations on your current sub-unit promotion success."
 
"..."
 
"Yunho-hyung, why aren't you saying anything?" Yoochun asked, looking back and forth between the two of them.
 
"...I have to go do something. Excuse me."
 
"Hyung!"
 
Minhee tugged on Yoochun's sleeve lightly, "it's okay. If he's busy, he should go."
 
"Even so, he didn't greet you or thank you. It's not like him at all."
 
"Maybe he has a lot on his mind."
 
"You're a easily forgiving person, aren't you?"
 
She laughed, "not really." 'There's nothing to forgive here anyway...I'm the one that hurt him.'
 
When the work day had ended for Minhee, she was about to leave the classroom when someone walked in. Once again, it was Yunho. They stood there for a few minutes, not saying a word but just staring at each other; their hearts racing and their thoughts bouncing around in their heads.
 
"Why?" he asked suddenly.
 
"Huh?"
 
"Why Minhee? Why?"
 
"Why what? You can't just ask why and expect me to understand."
 
"You don't know what I'm asking why to?" She shook her head and Yunho nearly scowled at her. He really couldn't hold it back now. For the past few hours since he saw her, he had not only been trying to calm down but questions had been racing through his head. The questions he had asked himself when she broke up with him and left all those years ago came back to him. "Everything Minhee! Everything!"
 
He started walking towards her, "why did you break up with me? Why did you leave? Why did you cut off all contact with me and everyone else? Why? I thought we were in love so why? Just why...and now...why come back now? Why show up in front of me now?! Why did you take so long? Why did you put me through so much? Do you know how it was for me when you left? Do you?!"
 
Feeling tears starting to fill her eyes, Minhee looked away but it was too late, Yunho had already seen it. "No, you don't get to cry right now! That's not fair. You know it's not fair." 
 
Minhee's lips quivered slightly and he knew she was trying to stop herself without him pointing it out but he couldn't help it. His anger was overflowing. 'Why do her tears get to me so much? Why does she get to me so much? Nine years and it's as if nothing has changed even though it has. But this pain...it feels the same.'
 
"I'm sorry," she finally said. "That's all I can tell you. I know that doesn't help. I know it makes you even angrier but there's nothing else I can say. I'm sorry." Trying to leave, Minhee grabbed her bag and headed for the door but Yunho grabbed her arm, stopping her. 
 
She struggled against his grip and he took hold of her by the shoulders, pushing her against the nearest wall. "That's not it Minhee! You can't just say that after so long and walk away! You already ran away from me once. What right do you have to do it again?
 
If you want to walk away again without telling me anything, then why did you come here? Why SM huh? You know I'm with SM. You've always known! Why did you have to appear in front of me again? Why? And why now?"
 
"I-I-"
 
"You can't even speak in front of me now? Why is that? You were just fine earlier. You were even being friendly with Yoochun. Is it because you finally feel guilty for what you did to me back then?"
 
Despite their close proximity, Yunho refused to look directly at Minhee's face. He didn't want to see the tears he knew were flowing down her face. Hearing her choking sobs were enough. Yunho didn't want to do this, to make her cry so painfully, but he felt like she deserved at least some pain. Pain for breaking his heart before and pain for appearing in front of him and making it feel like the break-up was just the other day.
 
"This job..." she managed to get out. "I-I needed this j-job."
 
"What for?"
 
"M-my children."
 
His gaze softened for a second, "you have kids?" Yunho cleared his throat and asked "how many?"
 
Glad that Yunho seemed to have calmed down with the mention of children, Minhee told him, "I have two kids. A boy and a girl. They're twins."
 
"How old are they?"
 
"They're eight years old..."
 
"Eight? Then..." Yunho took a few steps back in surprise. "Were you pregnant when you left?!" She just nodded. "Whose are they?"
 
Yunho glared at her when she looked away again, "Minhee, whose are they?" 'You've got to be kidding me...'
 
He held her by the shoulders once more and shook her. "Why won't you tell me?! Why?! Unless...unless it was true?" Met with silence, Yunho let go of her in defeat and, sadly, in disgust for the conclusion he came to, "it is true, isn't it? You really did cheat on me at that time. Is that why you broke up with me? To have some other guy's babies? Is that why, huh?"
 
"I-I can't," she whispered, shaking her head. "I can't..."
 
"You can't what? Explain why you cheated?" He scoffed. "I guess that makes sense since you didn't explain yourself before. When we broke up, you didn't tell me why you wanted to. When you left, you didn't tell me why or that you were even going. Everything and anything I wanted to know around the end of our relationship, you couldn't tell me. I should've known better. I should know better now too...know better than to expect anything from you. What would make now any different?"
 
Yunho walked away without so much as a glance back at her. When the door closed shut behind him, Minhee slid down the wall, hugging her knees and crying into them. 'I wanted to tell you that 'I can't do that to you.' The same reason I had then...I can't ruin your life, your dream...I'd rather let you think of me badly than do that.'